• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
whats the optimal stack composition in the late game

If you don't value speed (have a speed stack without Art): 50% Inf, 50% Art, 2 Cav. Very, very late game, 100% Art, no Cav no Inf.

I'm fighting England as France (around 1425). Each time I destroy their armies, they get a very marginal increase in WE. Each time I get higher WE increase then they get ... after a few bloody years of war their WE is still unrealisticly low compared to mine. They also get a nice tradition bonus, and a big prestige hit

How is that England doesn't add up the WE ? Do others seem this kind of behaviour to ?

I haven't seen this behaviour when I fought Burgundy and Portugal.

I'm fighting England as France (around 1425). Each time I destroy their armies, they get a very marginal increase in WE. Each time I get higher WE increase then they get ... after a few bloody years of war their WE is still unrealisticly low compared to mine. They also get a nice tradition bonus, and a big prestige hit

How is that England doesn't add up the WE ? Do others seem this kind of behaviour to ?

I haven't seen this behaviour when I fought Burgundy and Portugal.

Maybe they have a monarch with a very high administration skill? That could be one of the reasons...

Maybe they have a monarch with a very high administration skill? That could be one of the reasons...

IIRC that would explain a WE that remains low at the longer term - so over 5 or 10 years. I'm refereing to the consequences of battles fought.

what I notice is that they get nearly no WE from massive defeat, I give example that I keep on seeing =

1. I attack with my large cavalry army, the Englisch troops are defeated and retreat. I lose more troops, so I get a higher WE addition, which is normal. England gets lower WE addition, which is normal.
2. Then I pursue the Englisch and totallty defeat them in a second battle (they lose like 6000 infantry and cavalry). This time I get a minor WE addition because I lost less troops. England gets no WE addition, they gain even more military tradition then I and lose big on prestige.

The sum is that I get somewhat increase in WE and England virtually gets no increase in WE, nevertheless their entire army is destroyed ! Why is England favoured in not getting the WE ?

My feeling was that Brugundy and Portugal got normal WE from lost battle ?

I'm serious, I'm seeing this consistently, is that WAD ? Can it be explained ?

IIRC that would explain a WE that remains low at the longer term - so over 5 or 10 years. I'm refereing to the consequences of battles fought.

what I notice is that they get nearly no WE from massive defeat, I give example that I keep on seeing =

1. I attack with my large cavalry army, the Englisch troops are defeated and retreat. I lose more troops, so I get a higher WE addition, which is normal. England gets lower WE addition, which is normal.
2. Then I pursue the Englisch and totallty defeat them in a second battle (they lose like 6000 infantry and cavalry). This time I get a minor WE addition because I lost less troops. England gets no WE addition, they gain even more military tradition then I and lose big on prestige.

The sum is that I get somewhat increase in WE and England virtually gets no increase in WE, nevertheless their entire army is destroyed ! Why is England favoured in not getting the WE ?

My feeling was that Brugundy and Portugal got normal WE from lost battle ?

I'm serious, I'm seeing this consistently, is that WAD ? Can it be explained ?

Tradition, WE, and prestige gained from battles is based not only on the outcome, but on the percentage of that nation's entire army involved in the fighting. Sure, you might be fighting 30k English, but if they've got another 270k out there somewhere, they will neither care nor learn much from that little defeat. Now if you had just defeated every single English soldier in existence, the gains after the battle would've been much different.

What decisions?

Here is a list of almost all the decisions in the game. Its a bit out of date but you might want to look it over.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Decisions

The ones I was talking about were colonial restrictions, house of trade, navigation act, and naval convoy system. The requirements for those are in the wiki. East Indian Trade company probably also counts.

East Indian Trade company probably also counts.
That's an imperialist, rather than colonialist, objective IMO. (In my current Austria game, no province west of Sundgau and east of India belongs to me.

The ones I was talking about were colonial restrictions, house of trade, navigation act, and naval convoy system. The requirements for those are in the wiki. East Indian Trade company probably also counts.
Oh, those decisions! Yes, but the bonuses are rather small, no? Specially if you take the offset in account. 5 inflation and increased ship costs, while the overseas income affects only taxes? -10% colonist chance and colonial growth? (Navigation Act and East Indian Trade Company are very good though).

Oh, those decisions! Yes, but the bonuses are rather small, no? Specially if you take the offset in account. 5 inflation and increased ship costs, while the overseas income affects only taxes? -10% colonist chance and colonial growth? (Navigation Act and East Indian Trade Company are very good though).

The one that gives inflation is not very good but i actually like colonial restrictions. My European land holdings tend to be far larger than my colonies and production income is never a bad thing. The way i figure is that i might not always be establishing new colonies but i always draw production income. You can also get an adviser to boast your colonist chance when you need to.