• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seriously!? Thats is good to know. Do you know if there is a way to reduce the monetary reforms event? I get it way too often.
The "accept +3 inflation or lose two stability and gain a 4* MotM" event? Not usefully (nothing you can do as a player will make it less likely, except that having negative stability prevents it completely).

The "accept +3 inflation or lose two stability and gain a 4* MotM" event? Not usefully (nothing you can do as a player will make it less likely, except that having negative stability prevents it completely).

Thanks for the speedy reply. Shame that its not preventable. I get it at least twice as often as the comet event.

How do I edit my save to set AI Agressiveness to low?

There are no buildings that improve the portion of a province's Production/Tariff income derived from gold mines. (Yes, this means colonial gold mines start to really suck after a while, due to the "one unit max" rule.)

In a gold province you should probably go trade anyway because (to my knowledge) gold's trade value can still be raised. But those should be your last to develop provinces.

Even then, army buildings are probably more useful in such a colony.

Though so but i had to check to be sure. I need cultural tradition and id rather spend 1k on a monument than 4k on a fine arts academy. I suppose trading in tea is an option.

Last edited:
Are there national decisions that changes the names of Byzantium -> Byzantine Empire and Ottomans -> Ottoman Empire? For some reason I kind of thought there were, but maybe people just call them by both names on the forums?

Are there national decisions that changes the names of Byzantium -> Byzantine Empire and Ottomans -> Ottoman Empire? For some reason I kind of thought there were, but maybe people just call them by both names on the forums?

Nope, there aren't. The reasoning behind us using both is that both names were used in earlier versions of the game. All 'Empire' titles were removed because the engine doesn't support changing nation names based on changing government forms.

guys, playing as holland, and not able to change into a noble republic despite having level 10 gov tech.. also, not in a personal union. tried leaving the holy roman empire, still no possibility to change. from a feudal monarchy i mean.

something i'm forgetting here? :c

guys, playing as holland, and not able to change into a noble republic despite having level 10 gov tech.. also, not in a personal union. tried leaving the holy roman empire, still no possibility to change. from a feudal monarchy i mean.

Yep. You need to shift to Despotic Monarchy first.

Yes. From Feudal Monarchy, you need to change to Despotic Monarchy before you can change to a Noble Republic.

Or a PU, from monarchy to republic.