• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There seems to be a delay w/ connect updating to the new patch. Johan has contacted the people in charge and it should get sorted out soon™. As for getting achievements from a save started before they do this, I honestly don't know. I would assume, but thats just a guess.

Well the only penalty you'll suffer is the flat +.25 infamy for having an uncored HRE province. This doesn't matter if you are or are not in the HRE itself, everyone who has a uncored HRE province gets this. Theres some other little publicized bonus' for being in the HRE, prob the most important being extra magistrates and a -10% tech costs. You also will get cores when you inherit PU in the HRE regardless of culture group, so Bohemia will get german cores if they inherit, despite being in diff culture group because of the HRE. THis is more important for non German HRE members, but anyone who inherits Bohemia(laudible target) this would be a benefit. So no, theres little benefit to leaving the HRE and the Emperor and everything to lose.
Thanks, forgot about the cores upon inheritance. Though upon double checking, I'm pretty sure only HRE members get the unlawful territory penalty for uncored HRE provinces.

Thanks, forgot about the cores upon inheritance. Though upon double checking, I'm pretty sure only HRE members get the unlawful territory penalty for uncored HRE provinces.

No, everyone does.

No, everyone does.

No, only HRE members gets the +infamy and -prestige modifier. Everyone gets the province-specific event ("Return the province to the Empire!").

The main difference being that non-members can use a magistrate to remove the province from the empire before the event triggers.

Gah, if I didn't have to do a fresh install I could test, coulda sworn everyone go +infamy for uncored HRE provinces.

When I play byzantium and fund patriots in Rhodes and Corfu, they siege for eternity without result. Why?
Rhodes has base tax 2 (so spawns a very weak revolter stack) and (because it's the last great Crusader stronghold) a level 2 fort.

When I play byzantium and fund patriots in Rhodes and Corfu, they siege for eternity without result. Why?

Try sending another Patriot rebel against them. I know Rhodes has a lvl2 fort at the start and 1 stack of rebels can't progress on it.

Simple question - we should annexing or waiting for cores by boundary dispute/event playing any nation (for example, bohemia, bavaria or switzerland)? Or maybe we should vassalizing instead or getting PU? Poland should get danzig quickly or just wait for core?

Teutonic Order is a Theocracy (so you can't get a personal union), isn't in Poland's culture group (so you wouldn't get a free core on inheritance anyway), and isn't in the HRE (so there's no Emperor to protect them if you try to rip their faces off); you might as well just grab Danzig as soon as you're equipped to win a war with them and their allies.

just got a third free CoT in greenland, it's just so strange and too beneficial to be real, it feels more like a bug. @LordLeto, u sure its cuz of other CoTs closing and spawning in my territory? How do u know all this, I couldnt find the info on eu3 wiki.

just got a third free CoT in greenland, it's just so strange and too beneficial to be real, it feels more like a bug. @LordLeto, u sure its cuz of other CoTs closing and spawning in my territory? How do u know all this, I couldnt find the info on eu3 wiki.

Sure? No, this is what I've noticed from experience playing the game and read on these forums. As for the 3rd CoT, while I agree it is rather lucky, it does add up. At game start theres3 CoTs in the new world. Mexico, NA, and SA. Those often have at most 3-4 countries trading in them(new world tribes), often only 1(Inca in SA). The African CoTs are in much the same boat, 5 or so countries in West Africa, 3-4 in East Africa. This is before the AI eats one another and lowers it further. Forcing the CoTs to close due to stagnation(lack of countries trading in it). If you ever play a African game you'll notice the CoTs hoping around quite a bit due to this.

What version of EUIII are you playing? Theres been changes through out the course of the game to CoTs and you may be on a different version than I am, thus making my experiences somewhat different from what you get. Stagnation I don't think is covered in the Wiki(which itself can be quite out of date). But if you look on your trade page in your ledge the very last or second to last colum should be a stagnation rating. The higher this is the higher the chance for the CoT to close and a new one to open elsewhere.

If it is indeed a bug(which I don't rule out), register your game and you can get access to the Tech Support forum and perhaps find a answer there.

Currently, as of the latest beta, a CoT shall only recieve goods from 40 provinces before you see a new CoT popping up. Before the last beta patch, this limit was of 35. The value is in the defines file.

I think I already know this, but can a Queen become Holy Roman Emperor? This really hurt my game plan with Holland.

No. The exception being if you instituted hereditary rule already.

I can't seem to split off territory as the Timurids/Mughals, something I'm desperate to do as I'm sick of endless wars against the Golden Horde/Chagatai tying my troops down and preventing me from taking India. Is there a way for this empire to dump the more worthless provinces in Central Asia?

You mean release vassals? You need to be at peace to do that. Not always an easy feat as a horde.

You could always sell the provinces.