• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question. In my AAR (as Tuscany) I've been spamming mostly production buildings, since I did that as Novgorod-Russia with great results. The discussion seems to suggest, however, that trade buildings are better for a large Empire. Why?

I have a question. In my AAR (as Tuscany) I've been spamming mostly production buildings, since I did that as Novgorod-Russia with great results. The discussion seems to suggest, however, that trade buildings are better for a large Empire. Why?

Production buildings mostly modify tax, whereas trade buildings modify trade value - i.e. production. Later in the game this will take over as a much bigger source of income. The real benefit, though, comes with the level 5 and 6 buildings - each level 5 trade building increases trade value in every province you own by 1%, and each level 6 one increases Trade Efficiency by 1%. Build a few of those and it can stack up into some serious cash with a large empire.

Production buildings mostly modify tax, whereas trade buildings modify trade value - i.e. production. Later in the game this will take over as a much bigger source of income. The real benefit, though, comes with the level 5 and 6 buildings - each level 5 trade building increases trade value in every province you own by 1%, and each level 6 one increases Trade Efficiency by 1%. Build a few of those and it can stack up into some serious cash with a large empire.

Ah hah, that makes sense.

I, for some reason can't connect to Paradox in-game. I've tried to re-install it but still it wont connect. Got latest official patch but not any beta-patches. No mods. Suggestions of what I could do?
Btw, there's nothing wrong with my internet..

The german localisation of Vic2 is horrible, but some guys created a patch ("Victoria 2 lernt deutsch"), which improves it by far.
The german localisation of EU3 is even worse, e.g. I get all the time event, which text consist of "Missing Localisation":
Is there anything that improves the german localisation in EU3 at least a little bit?

The german localisation of Vic2 is horrible, but some guys created a patch ("Victoria 2 lernt deutsch"), which improves it by far.
The german localisation of EU3 is even worse, e.g. I get all the time event, which text consist of "Missing Localisation":
Is there anything that improves the german localisation in EU3 at least a little bit?

Not to my knowledge, although Paradox will generally accept user contributions to the translations if a native speaker offer an improved translation or have translated previously missing texts.
Some members of the German language forums sometimes offer these suggestions.

I, for some reason can't connect to Paradox in-game. I've tried to re-install it but still it wont connect. Got latest official patch but not any beta-patches. No mods. Suggestions of what I could do?
Btw, there's nothing wrong with my internet..

There is no official patch... all the patches are beta at the moment.

I was playing as Prussia yesterday and my 52 stack (25art 25inf 2 cav) was fighting against a 32 Sweden stack.
My losses were pretty low (about 4000 men) and the Swedish enormous (20000 men lost) but my moral was nearly drained.
And then suddenly came a 1000 man division that exterminated my remaining 48000 men.I've seen this happening quite a few time.
I really don't know how this is even close to possible.(my troops also have 8.53 morale while the Swedish only have 7.08 morale)
An other time I was fighting Austria and my stack defeated their stack and I let my troops walk to the same province.I arrived there ,the retreating enemies soon after and they destroyed my army =_=

(It might has to do with me recruiting troops near the French border :') )

Excuse me for my broken English.

Last edited:
I was playing as Prussia yesterday and my 52 stack (25art 25inf 2 cav) was fighting against a 32 Sweden stack.
My losses were pretty low (about 4000 men) and the Swedish enormous (20000 men lost) but my moral was nearly drained.
And then suddenly came a 1000 man division that exterminated my remaining 48000 men.I've seen this happening quite a few time.
I really don't know how this is even close to possible.(my troops also have 8.53 morale while the Swedish only have 7.08 morale)
An other time I was fighting Austria and my stack defeated their stack and I let my troops walk to the same province.I arrived there ,the retreating enemies soon after and they destroyed my army =_=

(It might has to do with me recruiting troops near the French border :') )

Excuse me for my broken English.

If you are attacked while your morale is zero, or your morale drops to zero within the first few days of combat, the army will be destroyed. This sometimes leads to situations as you described here.

Combat will last a minimum of 10(?) or so days. If either army runs out of morale or men before the minimum time is up, the army will be destroyed, and combat will end. If the minimum duration has passed, the army will retreat.

To avoid this problem, always monitor your armies carefully, and retreat manually if you are at risk of losing the battle and/or running out of morale. This way, you can at least control the direction of the retreat. It is better to lose a battle than to lose an army, certainly when their losses are far higher than yours.

Look in the EUI-III subforum of the German section of this forum. Mate0178 has made a whole German localisation patch. :D

What I don't get is why the 10:1 rule doesn't apply in those cases - wasn't it meant to prevent those ridiculous 50.000 men defeated by 1.000 guys cases? :confused:

That only happens when the 50,000 guys have 0 morale. Any amount of troops with 0 morale automatically lose against any amount of troops with more than 0 morale. It's like a surrender. This rule supersedes the other rule.

My question (I believe this is simple): I bought and have the game on Steam, will uninstalling and re-installing delete my save games? I have modded the game without using the mod folder, and I thought I fixed everything I changed but I am not getting the correct checksum, so this is why I ask.

My question (I believe this is simple): I bought and have the game on Steam, will uninstalling and re-installing delete my save games? I have modded the game without using the mod folder, and I thought I fixed everything I changed but I am not getting the correct checksum, so this is why I ask.

What checksum are you getting?

Also, just copy the contents of your savegame folder and paste them somewhere, then move them back. They'll work perfectly afterwards, assuming they weren't made with a mod.