• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree it isn't always easily discernible. For the Albania province, I would think that going East to Bitola you would incur the river crossing penalty.

Two questions. One new and one from a few pages back that wasn't answered yet.

First off what does the provincial decision about culture do? This is the one that costs 2 magistrates and I think its called expand culture. I see it but when I look at the tooltip all it shows is that it costs 2 magistrates and nothing else appears in the tooltip. I could not find it in the Wiki. I've seen it playing as Milan/Italy.

My other question is one that was asked but never got a response so far. Playing HttT and I was trying to add a province to the HRE. I'm not the ruler of the HRE and I did get my relations up to over 100. After many tries and reloading and even more tries I decided to check the Wiki for info on what changed. In the Wiki is says that if a human player has more provinces than the current AI ruler then it is impossible to get the ruler to accept adding the province. Is this really true?

If it is true which files can I mod to change this? I think its a dumb rule as the AI will accept provinces from other AI countries even if they are bigger. It's sort of like a human player only penality.

BTW I did look into the decisions file and found a section about HRE adding provinces but didn't see anything about AI ruler and human asking. Or maybe I just can't read it right.

Two questions. One new and one from a few pages back that wasn't answered yet.

First off what does the provincial decision about culture do? This is the one that costs 2 magistrates and I think its called expand culture. I see it but when I look at the tooltip all it shows is that it costs 2 magistrates and nothing else appears in the tooltip. I could not find it in the Wiki. I've seen it playing as Milan/Italy.

My other question is one that was asked but never got a response so far. Playing HttT and I was trying to add a province to the HRE. I'm not the ruler of the HRE and I did get my relations up to over 100. After many tries and reloading and even more tries I decided to check the Wiki for info on what changed. In the Wiki is says that if a human player has more provinces than the current AI ruler then it is impossible to get the ruler to accept adding the province. Is this really true?

If it is true which files can I mod to change this? I think its a dumb rule as the AI will accept provinces from other AI countries even if they are bigger. It's sort of like a human player only penality.

BTW I did look into the decisions file and found a section about HRE adding provinces but didn't see anything about AI ruler and human asking. Or maybe I just can't read it right.

That decision is Unify Culture or something like that, idk. But I do know is that it removes the cores of nations there. I think they may have to be dead though for that to happen, not sure of the requirements of it showing up.

I have no idea about HTTT and the HRE, but I do know he will not accept you unless you are weaker then he is. I believe it applies to the AI as well.

That decision is Unify Culture or something like that, idk. But I do know is that it removes the cores of nations there. I think they may have to be dead though for that to happen, not sure of the requirements of it showing up.

I have no idea about HTTT and the HRE, but I do know he will not accept you unless you are weaker then he is. I believe it applies to the AI as well.

Unify Culture removes a core from a dead nation, which eliminates the 'Nationalist' rebel type in the province. This is generally only useful if you're plagued by a lot of rebels, because other types of rebels are generally less bothersome and risky. If your nation is well-managed and stable, there should be little need for it though.

Thanks for the answer to Unify Culture. I can think of much better things to spend 2 magistrates on. :)

Unify Culture removes a core from a dead nation, which eliminates the 'Nationalist' rebel type in the province. This is generally only useful if you're plagued by a lot of rebels, because other types of rebels are generally less bothersome and risky. If your nation is well-managed and stable, there should be little need for it though.

Actually, nationalist rebels can still come based on the culture I believe, because when they win a siege they leave there core there! I can't remember if it removes the cores of a live nation too or not..

Another thing happened to me last night. I tried to make an alliace with a few countries and it said impossible. I had 95+ prestige, 190+ relations with them, some had royal marriages and we are all in the HRE. I also had zero infamy and was trusted or at least somewhat trusted. They were not vassals but I think they had an alliance with other countries. All were catholic religion as this is before reformation. I'm also one of or the biggest member in the HRE.

What might be the cause of it saying that an alliance was impossible.

There is a limit on (non-vassal) alliances the AI will make. If the target country is "full", it will never accept any further alliance requests. I think the limit is two non-vassals, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks for the answers on the alliance issue. That makes sense as I know they had other alliances and one that I checked closely had three. To break the logjam I used a CB I had on one country and forced the others in its alliance to revoke them in the peace. I found that war can be very helpful in getting the diplomacy the way you want it. :)

I have no idea. You should be able to run the game perfectly fine! If the problem persists, I would post in Tech Support, which requires a registration of an EU3 base game, which would be EU3, EU3: Complete, or EU3: Chronicles.

Where is the tech support forum?

If anyone could answer this question in the meantime: could "visual runtime C+++" have anything to do with lagging in game? I currently don't even have SP1 for vista.

Where is the tech support forum?

If anyone could answer this question in the meantime: could "visual runtime C+++" have anything to do with lagging in game? I currently don't even have SP1 for vista.

Welcome!

The tech support forum is only available to you once you register your game, found under my games in the top left. Since that is not a game breaking issue and not one I'm very well versed on, I'll leave the techies in their forum too it.

Welcome!

The tech support forum is only available to you once you register your game, found under my games in the top left. Since that is not a game breaking issue and not one I'm very well versed on, I'll leave the techies in their forum too it.

Tried to register my games but it keeps saying the key is invalid. For all 3 games: Eu3, Eu3:HTTT, and Eu3:DW.

I got my games through Steam.

Tried to register my games but it keeps saying the key is invalid. For all 3 games: Eu3, Eu3:HTTT, and Eu3:DW.

I got my games through Steam.

Figures. Although I'm pretty sure the DW keys should work, so try again. But contact steam support about that, and hopefully they will sort this out on their own anyway within the day.

Yeah I know, but couldn't spell it on the fly :D

Anyway, I have 5 colonists ready. Cant send them away because I haven't discovered anything yet hehe. I wonder if the historical leaders setting has anything to do with this?

Yes, that is your problem. If you want to fix it, go to the savegame, and you'll see this, toward the top:

Code:
gameplaysettings=
{
	setgameplayoptions=
	{
0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 3 3 0 0 	}
}

Change the 1st "1" to "0". That'll put you back with standard leaders.

If you still wish to have historical leaders show up, DL one or more of my mods. For your purposes, I think GRIN HT Lite would do best, if you only use the events files labeled for the various leaders' types, and the localizations. (For more, only the DW version would work.)

However, note that the number of explorers and conquistadors can be game-breaking, especially if Spain forms, which is why I have another file limiting their use (the XK file), but beware, this is very limiting.