• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok. So is there anyway I can turn a warning off. I have been warned by the ottomans that if I declare they will declare. Which I don't get cause we were never really at war except the beginning. Do I have to just deal with it or is there something I can do?

Once given, there is no way around a warning or guarantee. You will get called, or given the option to join the war as if you were a regular ally. In the event of the guarantee, you'll take a prestige hit if you refuse the call to arms. A warning you can ignore, and will go away after one war either way.

when will the new patch be out of Beta? I don't know how to use .rar files so can't download the Beta and can't play the game until the new patch is out. ;_;

Seems like it's taking forever

when will the new patch be out of Beta? I don't know how to use .rar files so can't download the Beta and can't play the game until the new patch is out. ;_;

Seems like it's taking forever

Wow, really? Don't let that stop you! http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000506.htm

Having a .rar file is like putting a bunch of stuff in a box and then taping it up. 7-zip is a box opener so you can get all the stuff out.

Basically you select everything, extract it, then select your EU3 folder and hit 'OK'. The patch post makes it seem a lot harder than it is. If you open it up in WinRAR it should actually be pretty self explanatory. (And there's plenty of help articles online)

Once given, there is no way around a warning or guarantee. You will get called, or given the option to join the war as if you were a regular ally. In the event of the guarantee, you'll take a prestige hit if you refuse the call to arms. A warning you can ignore, and will go away after one war either way.

Ok well somehow I managed to declare war on their puppet. With no stability hit. They declared. Georgia declared wallachia declared and I got the puppet annexed. Georgia all taken away but their capital and puppeted. And wallachia puppeted as well and got cyprus from ottomans. Probably the best I have ever done. Only one problem.

My economy went to crap. Was making -7.6 a month. Already having problems with rebels. So I am getting a ton now. Lowest rebel I have is +8.4. I can deal with that. But now my faithful ally delhi has requested for me to help them in a war. Against someone I need to make Mughals out of my timurds.

Oh wow, that's a lot bigger than I expected. Prussia's +20% discipline is now much more appealing :D

Yea. Sorry. Hearts of iron set of mind

The thing you need to learn about this game is that it isn't anything like HoI. You have to pace yourself a bit slower, likely the cause of your problems. From your text, it sounds like you're playing Timurids. Although a lot of experienced players who know where and when to project their military power will say they're easy, the Timurids are probably one of the most difficult nations in the game to hold together over a long period of time. They serve their purpose in wrecking the Ottomans and other Muslims to allow the Western nations to expand without fear of the Sultan's men rushing over them, then collapse.

But maybe I'm completely wrong on what country you're playing. What is it?

Country A has no heir. You have a RM with Country A. You Claim Throne. According to the mouseover, if Country A's king dies, you will get a PU. Country A declares war on you for unrelated reasons. Country A's king dies during the war.

What happens?

I keep reading about clearing the map cache. Can you just delete the contents of that map? And is it wise to do whenever you start a new game?

I keep reading about clearing the map cache. Can you just delete the contents of that map? And is it wise to do whenever you start a new game?

You only need to do this is you have changed the map somehow (mods, etc). Once the cache is correct, then you need not regenerate it every time.

Do delete the map cache, simply go to EU3\map\cache, and delete the contents of that directory (not the directory itself). Beware of Windows compatibility files if you have Win7/Vista.

Province Population - relevance?

In what connection stands the population of a province capital to other values like tax, manpower, trave value ....

In other words: Does an increasing (or decreasing) population change other values?

Huge Hit on Prestige out of nowhere?

I just observed that my nation (Teutonic Order) took a huge hit on prestige from around 90 to 50 without any notification. Checking the situation the only difference to the recent past seems to be that my ally Sweden got a Regency council and my alliance with Sweden was broken.

Any ideas what was going on in the background here?

Did you let an uncontested core on foreign-culture-group soil time out?

In what connection stands the population of a province capital to other values like tax, manpower, trave value ....

In other words: Does an increasing (or decreasing) population change other values?

It has a small effect on production units, but it's really negligible. I ignore province population.

It does make missionaries more costly, though.

The thing you need to learn about this game is that it isn't anything like HoI. You have to pace yourself a bit slower, likely the cause of your problems. From your text, it sounds like you're playing Timurids. Although a lot of experienced players who know where and when to project their military power will say they're easy, the Timurids are probably one of the most difficult nations in the game to hold together over a long period of time. They serve their purpose in wrecking the Ottomans and other Muslims to allow the Western nations to expand without fear of the Sultan's men rushing over them, then collapse.

But maybe I'm completely wrong on what country you're playing. What is it?

You are correct. I am playing the timurds. I was wanting to try and unite Russia. But the gf told me to play as the red country. So I did. Lol