• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay guys I've got a serious problem in my save, I've been playing Moscowy-Russia for 200 yrs now, and I got the "Times of trouble" flag 40 years ago, I've been popping down rebels like mad while dealing with the europeans/chinese and I don't know what to do, this is endless and the flag won't go off.

What are the conditions/Mtth or how do I manually remove it from my game?

I think it's bugged because I remember it had to do with being at peace and not having rebellions for sometime, conditions which I fulfilled for 5 months aprox...

What would happen if you had reformed the HRE so you inherited the title emperor but then you got a female monarch?

Would some other nation get the title and then inherit it?

I think that once you have passed the hereditary emperor reform, you cannot lose the HRE title any more: female monarchs will also hold it. Not 100% sure though.

Yes, because all these provinces contribute their value to a CoT, thus you increase the CoT's value by building marketplaces etc. in all contributing provinces.
Thanks. Should marketplaces be built everywhere then? Or just provinces with valuable trade goods? (Or put another way, do I build marketplaces in all those provinces with grain and fish?)

A related question: the tooltip for the workshop seems to suggest that it's better to build it in high-tax provinces, but since it adds to the base tax before modifiers (as I understand it) wouldn't it actually be more (or at least as much) of an improvement for low-base-tax provinces?

Considering that Empress Maria Theresa marked the change-over between Habsburg emperors and Habsburg-Lothringen emperors, I'm fairly certain that after the Erbkaisertum has been declared, your rulers are always HRE.

Playing the april beta of DW as the TO. I've got Vladimir and Nizhny Novgorod (the latter cored) and at war with the Horde. Now, I have a province occupied next to my cored province, however, it tells me my closest unblockaded port is too far away. So is it impossible to conquer Horde land in the beginning of the game? I would have thought the provinces adjacent to your cores would have been a fair target. Also, if I demand tribute from them, all of a sudden, my balance turns negative. What's the deal? Grateful for replies.

Considering that Empress Maria Theresa marked the change-over between Habsburg emperors and Habsburg-Lothringen emperors, I'm fairly certain that after the Erbkaisertum has been declared, your rulers are always HRE.

Yeah - after you pass the Erbkaisertum reform, you are always HRE - even if you aren't a monarchy (you can switch).

Thanks. Should marketplaces be built everywhere then? Or just provinces with valuable trade goods? (Or put another way, do I build marketplaces in all those provinces with grain and fish?)

A related question: the tooltip for the workshop seems to suggest that it's better to build it in high-tax provinces, but since it adds to the base tax before modifiers (as I understand it) wouldn't it actually be more (or at least as much) of an improvement for low-base-tax provinces?

Prioritize high tax/trade provinces as they'll net you the most benefit. But its useful to build workshops in every province. Market places less so but still useful. If you got enough cash/magistrates build everything you can. Though that isn't always the case so learn to prioritize.

Playing the april beta of DW as the TO. I've got Vladimir and Nizhny Novgorod (the latter cored) and at war with the Horde. Now, I have a province occupied next to my cored province, however, it tells me my closest unblockaded port is too far away. So is it impossible to conquer Horde land in the beginning of the game? I would have thought the provinces adjacent to your cores would have been a fair target. Also, if I demand tribute from them, all of a sudden, my balance turns negative. What's the deal? Grateful for replies.

No its not impossible. More then likely theres a unfriendly army between your capital and the province you want to colonize. That will 'blockade' that province till the army is removed. Occupied provinces have the same effect. Cores don't factor in to my knowledge.

As for the balance turning negative. Either someone that was kicking ass left the war(unlikely as its a horde war) or they occupied a province or took one of theirs back.

Yeah - after you pass the Erbkaisertum reform, you are always HRE - even if you aren't a monarchy (you can switch).

Truly? You can be emperor as a republic? Sounds wrong?

Then you can change ruler every 4 years and get that bonus added.

It seems as a ship in a port scares off pirates in the neighbouring port too, how many provinces away do this work for really? Would be nice to not have to have a ship in every port

It seems as a ship in a port scares off pirates in the neighbouring port too, how many provinces away do this work for really? Would be nice to not have to have a ship in every port

The distance increases with the number of ships, but you can most easily see this by checking out the revolt risk mapmode. The red flag icon above the mini-map in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Green is patrolled, red area's are at risk for pirates.

Yes, Vassals will almost always vote for their overlord. There is a significant penalty for cross-religion voting though, so it will be harder than it would be if you were a catholic.

You can see the reasons for why electors vote the way they do in the HRE screen by mousing over the electors.

Anyone know offhand how to get rid of the Wokou raids when playing in China? Doesn't eliminating Korea stop them?

What to do when your country will be excommunicated?

Raise your papal relations to 100+. You can't be excommunicated if you have good relations(100+) with the Pope. If its already happen, suck it up and hope a ally or yourself becomes the next controller and you can lift the excommunication.

Last edited:
Excommunicated nations lose 100% papal influence per year.

Here's one:

Where can I find a copy of the manual? I have the Steam version, and I can find the PDFs with the changes brought around in DW, but I cannot, for the life of me, find the plain ol' EU3 manual. I'd like to read it.

[Edit] Instead of rooting around in the Steam folder I should have just right clicked and chose "View Player Manual". D'oh

Last edited: