• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In /common/defines.txt you can edit the time it takes to gain cores, however. You might want to ask around in the mod forum for some help doing that.

Enjoy the game!

How do I get my inflation lower?

DW: I've reached Production Level 31 that allows me to build Grain Depot, one of the "Unique Buildings". But.. I can't. I don't know why. I have the conditions (Province produces Grain), the magistrate and the money... but the button remains gray.

What is the console command to skip to the next song? Why does the music just completely stop playing after a song or two after I added in some of my own mp3's that are also 192kbps or less?

What is the console command to skip to the next song? Why does the music just completely stop playing after a song or two after I added in some of my own mp3's that are also 192kbps or less?

There may be a hardcap on the number of songs. Try deleting some of the vanilla ones till you have the same number as was there in vanilla. You can also just move them to another folder if you like, and restore them at a later date.

DW: I've reached Production Level 31 that allows me to build Grain Depot, one of the "Unique Buildings". But.. I can't. I don't know why. I have the conditions (Province produces Grain), the magistrate and the money... but the button remains gray.

Is there a missionary active in the province?

If you're building either another building or have an active missionary in that province you won't be able to build until that finishes.

There is a bug with the Grain Depot. There is a simple mod that fixes it for Chronicles 5.0. Alternatively you could install the Beta patch from the thread here on the forum.

What buildings in my provinces increases the value of my CoT in which they trade? It says a trade building gives +1 trade income but where do that +1 income go?

It's added to the price of the trade good.

What does the price of the trade good affect? Sorry i haven't done that homework :) I want to make Manhattan CoT more valuable, production increases the amount traded in the CoT and a higher price of the trade good too right?

If you mouse-over the price of a trade good in a province than you will see a list of modifiers. These modifiers differ from trade good to trade good.

I don't know if the buildings listet there have to be in the province to affect the trade value, but I don't think so.

What does the price of the trade good affect? Sorry i haven't done that homework :) I want to make Manhattan CoT more valuable, production increases the amount traded in the CoT and a higher price of the trade good too right?

Any production in provinces w/ the overseas modifier is caped at 1 unit of production iirc. So that won't help the CoT much(unless its already under 1). Increasing Manhattans CoT total can be done w/ trade buildings.

Does enacting the Sword Hunt decision ever not come back to bite you? Every time I've used it, I get a rebellion soonish, and a stab hit when I unify japan. Am I missing a way to do it ' right', or is failure the only option?

How can I raise my reputation from tarnished to honourable?

Number of things, Build an Embassy(-.40 BB), hire a Cardial Adviser(-.5 to -.30 BB), controling an Cardinal in the Curia(-.10 BB per cardinal), a couple different decisions, using the Cabinent NI(-1.00 BB), and your rulers diplomacy rating(-.10 per level). All those values are Per Year. Basically you just have to wait and your imfamy will go down naturally. But the things listed above will make it happen faster.

AND

Is there a way for nations in the Indian tech group to westernize?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. If you look in your decisions tab it will have an option to westernize, you got to meet certain requirements though.

Border a nation in the Moslim Tech Group(or higher)
Less then -1 Centralised
Less then -2 Innovative
3 Stability

It will bump you to the next highest tech group from the one you're in, but never lower then Moslim(Chinese/SubSaharan/New World all skip Indian and the others and go straight to Moslim). You can repeate the process till you're in the western tech group.

Last edited:
Number of things, Build an Embassy(-.40 BB), hire a Cardial Adviser(-.5 to -.30 BB), controling an Cardinal in the Curia(-.10 BB per cardinal), a couple different decisions, using the Cabinent NI(-1.00 BB), and your rulers diplomacy rating(-.10 per level). All those values are Per Year. Basically you just have to wait and your imfamy will go down naturally. But the things listed above will make it happen faster.

Yes. If you look in your decisions tab it will have an option to westernize, you got to meat certain requirements though.

Border a nation in the Moslim Tech Group(or higher)
Less then -1 Centralised
Less then -2 Innovative
3 Stability

It will bump you to the next highest tech group from the one you're in, but never lower then Moslim(Chinese/SubSaharan/New World all skip Indian and the others and go straight to Moslim). You can repeate the process till you're in the western tech group.

So I have to effectively climb the tech ladder to get to the top. Does this mean I have to always border the tech groups I want to get into?

Eldridge: Somewhat, yes. You have to border a country higher than you to Westernize to a higher level. So if you're Chinese and you border a Western nation, you can go to Muslim, then Eastern, then Western (You don't need to border a Muslim tech nation or an Eastern tech nation if you border a Western tech nation). If you're Chinese and you border a Muslim tech nation, you can only Westernize as far as Muslim.
So, who you border is your top limit, you don't need to border each stepping stone.

Playing as France, the event "Ile-de-France University -- Class of 1407" just came up. I have the option to either gain 1 magistrate or gain 10.0 cultural tradition. Being very new to the game, I have no clue what either are used for. Can anyone give me the quick rundown of the use of Magistrates and Cultural tradition are for? Thanks!