• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also found somthing else anoying while trying to do this, as my capital has land surrounding it i cant move it, ive tried to sell some of my land around it to Georgia but the game wont let me. it gives me the option to sell but when i click confirm i get no message afterwards

You should be able to move your capital even though it has land surrounding it.

However you can only move it to a core province.

As Keinwyn said, a province with a port cannot be truly isolated. You can only take inland capitals have been separated from the rest of the country. However, sometimes the AI is very eager to move their capital away if it's surrounded, even if it's coastal. Maybe you can wait and NOT take colonial holdings to make them more appealing as a capital location?
You can't annex a capital with a port if they have another port.
Thanks!

(Which leaves no real way to do it, since the rest of their holdings are part of the HRE.)

event_modifiers.txt in common (folder) search for:

Code:
kingdom_of_god = {
	global_manpower_modifier = 0.1
	badboy = -0.05
	prestige = 0.01
	officials = 0.5
	icon = 9
}

Is there a 'vassal war event', and how does it work? By vassal war event, I mean an event that the AI gets that makes it declare war against its overlord, but outside the normal "Declare War" route with its constraints. I've had vassals with positive relations and an alliance and a RM suddenly declare war on me.

What possibilities are there for Shinto Japan to improve the efficiency of it's missionaries? I guess it's better to try and become catholic, but that doesn't seem an Option at the moment.

And while I'm at it, I'd like to remark, that it's a shame non-christian religions are treated with neglect! :p

How does one get this (from event_modifiers):

Code:
western_trade = {
	missionary_placement_chance = -0.05
	land_tech_investment = 6
	prestige = -0.01
	icon = 5
}
?
I believe it's for the daimyos but I can't find a way to get this in Japanese events/decisions.

Playing Castille, Hard, ca. 1475, I own northern Italy, most of Austria and the Iberian peninsula, which means every gold-province on the old continent, I'm also set to grab Aztec and Maya the moment I get around to it.
I've got a PU on Flanders, and have made vassals out of most of France, broken up in the smallest possible states. The only main powers remaining are England, Portugal and Bohemia.

I should have plenty of income and be set for a steamroll, but I am regularly running broke. The reason is that colonies cost so much to maintain. How many colonies could I reasonably expect to support?

Would you guys suggest sending multiple colonists to each colony, or to spread out and let Land of Opportunity do its thing?

Also, how far behind can I expect to fall behind in research when developing a huge colonial empire?

I like to 'seed' colonies w/ land of opportunity speeding up the growth. Mainly because the core count down starts when the first colonist lands not when the colony becomes a province. Its not much but its an edge and can stave off over stretching sometimes. But honestly I think either route is fine, I haven't seen any indication that one style is notably superior to the other.

As for how many you can support, thats really determined by your monthly income/expenses and yearly tax, so theres no real hard rule on how many you can support. If you're not already consider getting the Natl. Bank Idea and a Master of Mint and minting some. I usually like to keep some inflation reduction(.5-.8 or so) as it allows me to go over sometimes when the its needed and keep the inflation going down when its not. But this is mainly for reducing your monthly expenses some what so you can live mostly off the yearly income tax.

Also, hows your trade income? Many people over look it but given the right circumstances trade can out pace both tax and production as a source of income.

I wouldn't expect you to fall back from the other powers in any meaningful fashion tech wise as long as you're not increasing your inflation to much.

Hi,
I just bought DW for EU3 on steam. I have 2 major problems:
1) technical - cant connect to paradox network ingame. It says i may have old version of game but steam is set to keep my game updated. Am I missing something?

2) gameplay - I have problem with Unlawful Imperial Teritorry. Is this system going to be fixed? I simply cant play HRE nation which rules the Empire because I am constantly getting unwanted territories over time which I dont want. Yeah, some can be transformed to vassals, but some cannot. Very often i even cant sell these provinces at any cost. I play for Bohemia, conquering only Tirol or Lienz (both Austria) to get gold. Then I want to spread to east and sometimes conquer only HRE regions I may own lawfully. Over time I also want to fix my relations with Austria. But I am still getting regions i dont want (mostly from Burgundy and Milan) and my Infamy grows skyhigh. Also as i watched behaviour of Burgundy, the AI doesnt count Unlawful Imperial Teritorry factor into its decicions so they can become a scum really easily. Will this be fixed? May I lower the factor somehow by myself?

I also have 1 minor technical issue
3) when closing the game, it crashes resulting in "No response" windows message.

Win7 64bit Pro, ASUS HD5850, Core i5 2,6GHz, Gigabyte P55-UD4

I wasn't expecting having to mint a lot, so I took bureacracy as a first Idea. It has served me well, as tax is about 50-70% of my income. In hindsight, I should have taken national bank though. I'm supporting around 15 colonies at this point. ca. 40 oversees provinces. I'm not sure how that happened, I got carried away.

My situation will improve as soon as Italy and Austria core, and I'm currently way over my naval support limit despite never having built a boat. That situation should improve as well, I was thinking of taking Press Gangs next.

Trading is the issue. I have five in both Andalusia and Venice, but these net me perhaps 10% of my total income. Further trading is limited by my slider sitting at 0, and an uncomfortably high BB, coming down from 20 at -1.4/y.

I was getting 5-yearly DoW's from Portugal, dragging in England, Austria, Switzerland and Aquileia, I got tired of the situation and annexed the latter for 9BB, and took Chur for another 3, so I can vassalize the Swiss if they ever trouble me again. Was thinking of waiting for a succession crisis in Portugal, but they are getting annoying, so I might take action there.

One of the disadvantages of having taken apart European powers to the extend that I have is that I get into a lot of wars to protect my vassals. Portugal et all hit me when I was already facing down Burgundy, the Hansa and Bohemia, so WE is also rather high. I'll have to spend a few years rebel-whacking before I can get any meaningful growth done.

Hi,
I just bought DW for EU3 on steam. I have 2 major problems:
1) technical - cant connect to paradox network ingame. It says i may have old version of game but steam is set to keep my game updated. Am I missing something?

2) gameplay - I have problem with Unlawful Imperial Teritorry.

I also have 1 minor technical issue
3) when closing the game, it crashes resulting in "No response" windows message.

Win7 64bit Pro, ASUS HD5850, Core i5 2,6GHz, Gigabyte P55-UD4

1) don't know
2) fixed in the beta patches
3) also (I believe) fixed in the patches.

Question: So far playing I haven't done much in terms of personal unions. What are the methods of gaining a PU, and lets say as Austria, how do I go about manipulating the world so I get PUs I want? I checked the wiki for this info with no luck, and I was hoping to hear some of you guys' PU focused playstyle strategies. :)

Tech problem
Hey, I'm having problems with tech. I'm playing with Naples, and all my monthly income is in research. However, all western nations are 1-2 levels ahead of me.
What can I do?
Naples is very narrowminded and quite in favour of serfdom... that results in grave research penalties.