• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My finger slipped (literally) and I enacted Liberte, egalitae and fraternie by accident, what are its effects???

The cultural decision? You get vast increases in tech investments for a huge RR (+8 I think) for a number of years. Also, check the modifier listing in the first page of the country menus.

I have no idea. I use one-to-one, but a stack of 20 Caravels and 10 Barques is probably better than a stack of 30 Caravels. You just have to experiment.

Yes. Naval positioning is pretty new and it is not really clear what is the best strategy. one to one seems a bit weak but you do want to throw in some light ships into your main fleets, rather than just stack big ships like you used to. The best idea is to keep the total stack size down so your fleet is bigger than your oponents but not by too much.

How do you create Courland? In a couple of games it seems to of appeared, both times with its capital in Samogitia, when I've been busy with other regions of the world and haven't really been paying attention to Europe. Now since it doesn't appear to start with any cores it wasn't created via releasing vassals so I'm a bit puzzled, is it due to rebels or am I barking up the wrong tree? Cheers.

How do you create Courland? In a couple of games it seems to of appeared, both times with its capital in Samogitia, when I've been busy with other regions of the world and haven't really been paying attention to Europe. Now since it doesn't appear to start with any cores it wasn't created via releasing vassals so I'm a bit puzzled, is it due to rebels or am I barking up the wrong tree? Cheers.

It's rebels. Courland is the only Old Prussian-cultured nation, and there's only one Old Prussian province in the game, so it doesn't show up very often.

In this screenshot, all of my provinces blocked to the sea by Portugal's territory had the "Blockaded" modifier. I don't see how this makes sense, as Portugal wasn't embargoing me and I even had military access, but I guess that's just how the game works.
Anyway, I fixed the problem by creating continuous boundaries, but was there another way I could've solved it?
The answer to this is pretty simple, no.

It's rebels. Courland is the only Old Prussian-cultured nation, and there's only one Old Prussian province in the game, so it doesn't show up very often.

That's right, but let us not forget the poor Livonian Order ^^

Second one of the day. I just noticed that when you vassalise someone as part of a peace deal that rather amusingly they get demoted to reflect their now owing homage to you with their title changing to Duke and government changing to Duchy, although when I mouse over it's basically just feudal monarchy renamed but still a nice touch. The only problem with this is that it makes this change even for non-monarchical types of government such as administrative republics, theocracies or merchant republics. Is there any way to vassalise countries and they still keep the type of government they originally had?

Two quick questions:

(1) all my colony ranges are screwed up and colonists arrive instantly. I assume this is the known map cache problem, and I need to delete my map cache. Is that right? Why hasn't this bug been fixed? Will my current save games be corrected by this action? How often do I need to delete the cache?

(2) I always see pretty screenshots of the whole world. How are people doing these? I can only zoom out to a certain point that is maybe 1/10 of the whole world, why? Would like to see the whole world other than on the mini map.

Thanks!

Two quick questions:

(1) all my colony ranges are screwed up and colonists arrive instantly. I assume this is the known map cache problem, and I need to delete my map cache. Is that right? Why hasn't this bug been fixed? Will my current save games be corrected by this action? How often do I need to delete the cache?

(2) I always see pretty screenshots of the whole world. How are people doing these? I can only zoom out to a certain point that is maybe 1/10 of the whole world, why? Would like to see the whole world other than on the mini map.

Thanks!
1) Map cache deleting, they go wrong because they update the map slightly etc.

2) F12 for whole world and Shift+F12 for only you and your vassals/PU

@Fabius, Yes it is

Can I convert a Muslim country to Christianity (or Christian country to Islam) through war treaties in some way?
Can I convert my own Muslim country to Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic, etc.) through some sort of event/decision, and if so, what triggers it?

Second one of the day. I just noticed that when you vassalise someone as part of a peace deal that rather amusingly they get demoted to reflect their now owing homage to you with their title changing to Duke and government changing to Duchy, although when I mouse over it's basically just feudal monarchy renamed but still a nice touch. The only problem with this is that it makes this change even for non-monarchical types of government such as administrative republics, theocracies or merchant republics. Is there any way to vassalise countries and they still keep the type of government they originally had?

To my knowledge force vasalizing doesn't change their government type. But every government has a vassal rank. Theocracies will go from Cardninal to Bishop when vassalized, but they're still a theocracy for example.

What is the standard setting for Lucky nations? Is it historical or something else?

Yes. There are also 'off' and 'random' options. But the default is historical.

Can I convert a Muslim country to Christianity (or Christian country to Islam) through war treaties in some way?

No, you can only force convert within your own religious group. Meaning Catholics can convert Orthodox and vicer versa and Sunni can convert Shiite and vice versa, and so on.

Can I convert my own Muslim country to Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic, etc.) through some sort of event/decision, and if so, what triggers it?

None that I know of. Though if you have a couple wrong religious provinces and let the Zealot rebles topple your government you'll convert to their religion.

To anyone who's gotten the Poland Can Into Space achievement: It says you need to reach the maximum level in all technologies -- I know that tech level 72 is the highest possible tech level, but the EU3 Wiki says you need level 60. So which is it, 60 or 72?

If you force-vassalize them through a peace deal, they keep their initial government. If you release them as a vassal they have a government similar to yours. Monarchy vassals are always called Duchies and their monarchs called Dukes, but they can have any monarchy government (feudal, despotic, administrative, etc.). Republic vassals don't change name.
The 'title' of a government is just a sort of flavour thing, it doesn't necessarily indicate the government-type (you see that if you mouse-over the 'title). So monarchies in east asia are called Empires, no matter if they are feudal monarchy, empire, or absolute monarchy. Monarchy vassals in the Islamic world are called Emirates with Emirs ruling them, but it's the sake as Duchies and Dukes above, just a flavour thing.

FabiusBile: The standard setting is historical, IIRC. This is easier to figure out when you're playing just start a new game! ;)
(I don't have time to load up a game atm)