• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a Quick way to reduce my war exhaustion?

Nope. There are some events that reduce WE, but nothing you can count on. Be at peace, have no attrition, and have a great adm ruler and your WE will go down pretty quickly.

Nope. There are some events that reduce WE, but nothing you can count on. Be at peace, have no attrition, and have a great adm ruler and your WE will go down pretty quickly.

Being Defender of the faith helps, too.

eu35.jpg

In this screenshot, all of my provinces blocked to the sea by Portugal's territory had the "Blockaded" modifier. I don't see how this makes sense, as Portugal wasn't embargoing me and I even had military access, but I guess that's just how the game works.
Anyway, I fixed the problem by creating continuous boundaries, but was there another way I could've solved it?

Despite playing the game for a long time now, I've never actually bothered to getting around to asking a question regarding production and tariffs. Are they effectively the same when it comes to buildings? Do production buildings affect that tariff modifier, because I've always avoided it in the assumption that there's a difference between the two.

Despite playing the game for a long time now, I've never actually bothered to getting around to asking a question regarding production and tariffs. Are they effectively the same when it comes to buildings? Do production buildings affect that tariff modifier, because I've always avoided it in the assumption that there's a difference between the two.

Tarrifs are simply put base tax+production of a province, the actual formula is a little more complex, but these are the most important and easily influenced aspects of it. So yes any building that will increase either of those things will increase tarriffs.

Light ships are great for positioning because of their 10 speed, so light ships are always* good to put in any caravel stack.

Okay, if so, how many? Presuming that forcelimits, not costs, are the limiting factor on my navy size (playing as Ethiopia, I have thousands of ducats but small naval limits) is it still better to build part barques and part caravels, or even with positioning would carevels only offer more fighting power per forcelimit than caravels+barques? What is an ideal ratio, if caravels + barques is better? One to one?

Sorry this is turning into less of a "quick question" and more of a "long, involved question" :p

Okay, if so, how many? Presuming that forcelimits, not costs, are the limiting factor on my navy size (playing as Ethiopia, I have thousands of ducats but small naval limits) is it still better to build part barques and part caravels, or even with positioning would carevels only offer more fighting power per forcelimit than caravels+barques? What is an ideal ratio, if caravels + barques is better? One to one?

Sorry this is turning into less of a "quick question" and more of a "long, involved question" :p

I have no idea. I use one-to-one, but a stack of 20 Caravels and 10 Barques is probably better than a stack of 30 Caravels. You just have to experiment.

Question about the settings for pop-ups & pausing due to events:

Is there any way to make the game pause when you RECEIVE a Call to Arms or Peace Offer?
Currently I only get informed when the offer expires, which is completely pointless since no action can be taken at this point...

Just doesn't make sense if I can make the game pause when another nation increase their War Taxes, but not when my own country receives a very important Call to Arms! :p

Tarrifs are simply put base tax+production of a province, the actual formula is a little more complex, but these are the most important and easily influenced aspects of it. So yes any building that will increase either of those things will increase tarriffs.
Thanks for the info! This is going to lead to a much more lucrative empire, down the road . . .

Is there any way to make the game pause when you RECEIVE a Call to Arms or Peace Offer?
Currently I only get informed when the offer expires, which is completely pointless since no action can be taken at this point...

Just doesn't make sense if I can make the game pause when another nation increase their War Taxes, but not when my own country receives a very important Call to Arms! :p

I don't think so. You just have to click on those little gold boxes when they appear.

You may set the game to popup and pause when a country DOWs another. In this way you will know when your allies are at war and you will be careful of CTA. I do it anyway to be up to date with the wars around the world...
For peace offers I am not sure that's so important, because I personally use them only as a signal that the AI is (potentially) willing to sign peace. But the terms they offer are often worse than the ones they would accept, at least in my experience...

You may set the game to popup and pause when a country DOWs another. In this way you will know when your allies are at war and you will be careful of CTA. I do it anyway to be up to date with the wars around the world...
For peace offers I am not sure that's so important, because I personally use them only as a signal that the AI is (potentially) willing to sign peace. But the terms they offer are often worse than the ones they would accept, at least in my experience...

True, it might be good to pause for all Wars, considering how pacifist the other nations seem to be in my games. Thanks

That explains it, I had set it to Historical leaders if I recall, thanks.

If you want to use them, along with the standard system, DL Rex Maris (link in my sig). Use only the events named "grles-Admirals", etc, and the localisation file. It will work alongside the standard system.

My best guess -- and that's all it is -- is to build 50/50 big and small, but send out a fleet with 2/3 bigs, 1/3 small. The remaining barques are a reserve. The reasoning is that, in combat, lights take the brunt of the damage, so you're likely to end up losing a few, with a bunch crippled. Then send the reserve to the main fleet, to replace those lost/refitting.