• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a logic to where patriot rebel provinces will defect to? For instance, I have orchestrated 2 berber-cultured provinces from Morocco to be occupied by patriots. Ideally, they'd defect to my vassal algiers, but equally possible they'd defect to adjacent Tunisia. Only Algiers has cores on the provinces. Where will they defect to, Algiers or Tunis?

Is there a reason I can't recruit either generals or admirals? For some reason the options are grayed out and it only allows me to convert my king into a general. I have roughly about 11-ish tradition so I'm under the impression it can't be that(unless I need more?).

You may be out of diplomats. You require one per gen/admiral. Same way you need a colonist to recruit a conquistador/explorer(in addition to QFTNW).

I've read through about 50-60 pages in this thread but haven't found a specific to my question.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the exact percentages of states need to vote for reforems in the HRE?

A majority -- so >50% of the states.

A majority -- so >50% of the states.

I thought it requires more and more with each reform. Like with Gemeiner Pfennig reform I had a moajority, just barely, but it still did not pass. Later had more vassels and it did pass.

Is there a reason I can't recruit either generals or admirals? For some reason the options are grayed out and it only allows me to convert my king into a general. I have roughly about 11-ish tradition so I'm under the impression it can't be that(unless I need more?).

You may have chosen historical or event for leaders, in which case you cannot hire them.

50% of all states, not just the electors. Look at the event log at the bottom ot screen, count how many countries selected pass reform and how many didn't.

here is the event code (HolyRomanEmpire.txt in events folder):

Code:
# Trigger Reichsreform
province_event = {
	id = 9058
	title = "EVTNAME9058"
	desc = "EVTDESC9058"

major = yes
	exclusive = yes

trigger = {
		hre = yes
		has_global_flag = Voting
		NOT = { has_global_flag = Reichsreform }
		[B]hre_majority = {
			has_country_flag = reichsreform_yes[/B]
		}
	}

What's optimal fleet composition for blue water (non galley) navies, and also, is there any difference between one stack of 100 ships and two stacks of 50 in the same battle?

What's optimal fleet composition for blue water (non galley) navies, and also, is there any difference between one stack of 100 ships and two stacks of 50 in the same battle?

No to the second question. All ships are lumped together for the battle. Beware of allies/enemies of your enemies. They can seriously screw your positioning.

By blundering in with transports or something, I assume?

By blundering in with transports or something, I assume?

Yes, or just plain stacking too many war ships with yours thus destroying your positioning.

How many ships are too many, then? More than what your opponent has, more than twice as much, etc?

Do light ships give an overall benefit, or is it better to make caravel only fleets in the current era (early 1500s, naval tech 11 (nonwestern nation) so caravels and barques are the options)