• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a option tobuild fort level 2 which would give supply limit +1. Does this mean all units are supplies from capital and that a road network and fort network should be created from capital to far edgeof my Austrian empire?

There is a option tobuild fort level 2 which would give supply limit +1. Does this mean all units are supplies from capital and that a road network and fort network should be created from capital to far edgeof my Austrian empire?

No, the supply limit of the province is increased by +1. So you can field more armies in the province without suffering attrition.

Just found this thread!

On the auto-send merchant view in the ledger, why do some centres of trade have red names?

They're out of your Trade Range - this is measured from your nearest province and based on your tech level.

What is the point of the Ewiger Landfriede reform? It's consequences are "Casus Belli within the HRE are no longer valid, -5 Yearly Army Tradition, +20% Stability Cost" - so all of them are bad. Is it just a bullet you have to bite before taking some more tasty reforms?

Memento Mori-- yep, pretty much. The good thing about it is that it stabilizes the empire, reducing the chance of another imperial member vassalizing an elector or swallowing up members (which could threaten the hegemony of the current emperor and reduce his imperial authority). It makes the HRE more solid and united against outsiders, instead of inner squabbling.

This may be a bit complicated. I've managed to conquer most of africa. I want 99% of it to be my vassals, so that Europe doesn't destroy my beautiful map (and 1 province so I have a CB on Mamluks). However, to do this, I had to conquer Algiers and Tunisia. I noticed when I released Tunisia that its government went Catholic -but the provinces are Muslim . I do not desire this. So, the questions:

1. How do I release Algiers as a vassal without making it a Christian nation?
2. How do I return Tunisia to its Muslim religion? Note: I gave Tunis some provinces that used to be Algerian, so it has no core on it, and I don't want it to lose those provinces if I need to use spies religion-change them.
3. All this, preferably without cheating or save-editing.

4. Kind of related: I've seen Algerian Nationalists in Morocco, where there is no Algiers core (I couldn't forcevassalise it yet, so had to annex provinces so that next time, they can be annexed). If I don't interfere, but do release Algiers as a vassal, what will happen to these nationalists? Will they annex their province with Vassal-Algiers, or will they create a new nation, and which nation if so? I'd rather not get another player in the theatre.

See attached screen for a map of the area. Please don't pay attention to the total mess Europe is. I already have a few vassals, but it'll take a LOT more work.

Attachments

• EU3_5.JPG
    EU3_5.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 68
For the decisions when you mouse over the titles of the decisions it gives you a little tooltip description of what they are, where can I find the text for these in the game folders? Thanks.

1. How do I release Algiers as a vassal without making it a Christian nation?
2. How do I return Tunisia to its Muslim religion? Note: I gave Tunis some provinces that used to be Algerian, so it has no core on it, and I don't want it to lose those provinces if I need to use spies religion-change them.
3. All this, preferably without cheating or save-editing.

4. Kind of related: I've seen Algerian Nationalists in Morocco, where there is no Algiers core (I couldn't forcevassalise it yet, so had to annex provinces so that next time, they can be annexed). If I don't interfere, but do release Algiers as a vassal, what will happen to these nationalists? Will they annex their province with Vassal-Algiers, or will they create a new nation, and which nation if so? I'd rather not get another player in the theatre.

You can't release a vassal of a different religion to you, if you want to change them to muslim sponsor fanatics; make sure the fanatics take control of the country not just one province otherwise the province will just defect.

The Algerian nationalists should defect to the Algiers you release.

For the decisions when you mouse over the titles of the decisions it gives you a little tooltip description of what they are, where can I find the text for these in the game folders? Thanks.

In the localisation folder. most decisions are in in_nomine_text.txt IIRC

Hey guys.

How do you take land from the horde? All I can do is get them to pay tribute. To be more precise, I'm playing Hindustan and i need a bunch of cores from the timurids but i can't seem to get them. Don't have the time to settle everywhere before my cores run out. Any Ideas?

Hey guys.

How do you take land from the horde? All I can do is get them to pay tribute. To be more precise, I'm playing Hindustan and i need a bunch of cores from the timurids but i can't seem to get them. Don't have the time to settle everywhere before my cores run out. Any Ideas?

You colonise their provinces; select the province you wish to colonise and the button is where the "send missionary" button is for your provinces.

P.S. the core loss timer is reset every time you go to war with the nation holding it.

In peace deals I've noticed on a couple of rare occasions I seem to of had the option of either taking just my opponents capital or demanding other provinces as per normal. Is this a change or is my game going a bit wonky? Only happened once or twice and I didn't pay much attention as I was after specific provinces.