• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any real way to avoid Overextention when playing a major power like Castille with colonial ambitions in DW?
From the Wikki it appears that you really can't have high number of provinces and a high centralization, which means you're stuck with the negative modifiers, right?

If you have 85%+ of cores, then you can have any combination of administrative monarch rating and centralization as you want.
If 75% cores or less --> must have ADM4 4+
If 66% cores or less -->ADM 6+
If you have a ratio of less than 50%, then you gotta worry about being decentralized, but I honestly never do, because having such an overexpanded low-core empire is usually transient.

Playing EU3 Complete is there any way to make my War Exhaustion decrease faster? After a couple of wars in quick succession it's currently about 9 which is causing some headaches thanks to the increased chance of rebels popping up, especially in the recently conquered provinces.

Playing EU3 Complete is there any way to make my War Exhaustion decrease faster? After a couple of wars in quick succession it's currently about 9 which is causing some headaches thanks to the increased chance of rebels popping up, especially in the recently conquered provinces.

Defender of the Faith should give -0.03 WE a month. Being at peace gives -0.08. Every point in the Administrative rating of your leader gives (about) -0.0125 a month. There's a provincial event called "Veteran's Home" that gives -0.01 a month, but requires you be at 10+ WE and has a moderately long MTTH.

Also, avoid attrition.

Also for the Eastern tech group there's a decision/event named Liberum Veto that gives 5 cavalry and 10 Infantry regiments pronto in some province, as well as absorbing 8 WE instantly. Well, at the price of 1 Decentralisation.
There's an event for everyone (the Weeping song) that can likewise drop WE. But I found it to be quite rare (and always happened when my heir was a child i.e. 6-10 y.o.).

And I guess A Glorious Monument gives some WE reduction as well, even if you only control the province=completed siege. Or was that Infamy? :confused:

I'm playing a game as Hesse, and I can't build a Grain Depot in the Kassel province. I have all the necessary requirements and tech level researched, I remember seeing the tech-advancement window tell me I knew how to build one now. I even shifted my national focus around. Is there something else I need to do? I'd really like the force-limit bonus.

And I guess A Glorious Monument gives some WE reduction as well, even if you only control the province=completed siege. Or was that Infamy? :confused:

In HTTT, Glorious Monumnets gave minor Prestige and Infamy reduction. In DW, it gives cultural tradition.

I'm playing a game as Hesse, and I can't build a Grain Depot in the Kassel province. I have all the necessary requirements and tech level researched, I remember seeing the tech-advancement window tell me I knew how to build one now. I even shifted my national focus around. Is there something else I need to do? I'd really like the force-limit bonus.

Update your game, the bug was fixed in a beta patch. There's an error in the code for the building.

I have the same problem conquering divided Japan

Apparently, based on lack of responses so far to my question, it is impossible to annex Japan unless its united. Can someone please disprove this?

I've run into this problem in my current game. I've taken over all of Japan except for Kyoto and the capitals of each of the daimyos. I can't communicate with the daimyos directly, but I've been able to use Japan proper as a go-between (selecting Kyoto for declaring war and suing for peace). But now that all the non-capital cities are mine, I can't annex because the cost is too high (the vassalage cost is around 1200% for some reason, too). I can't get the cost down by capturing territories, because all of the remaining territories are capitals, which I can't annex individually as their owners (the daimyo) are impossible to talk to. It's all quite frustrating, to be perfectly honest.

I've run into this problem in my current game. I've taken over all of Japan except for Kyoto and the capitals of each of the daimyos. I can't communicate with the daimyos directly, but I've been able to use Japan proper as a go-between (selecting Kyoto for declaring war and suing for peace). But now that all the non-capital cities are mine, I can't annex because the cost is too high (the vassalage cost is around 1200% for some reason, too). I can't get the cost down by capturing territories, because all of the remaining territories are capitals, which I can't annex individually as their owners (the daimyo) are impossible to talk to. It's all quite frustrating, to be perfectly honest.

Put simply, you can't annex Japan. It's apparently a bug, and is supposed to be fixed sometime in the future...

Quick question: Playing DW, Teutonic Order and have got Revolutionary rebels in 1402. Is there a way to munchkin my way out toward a better form of government? Exactly how does those rebels work?

The quickest and cleanest way is to form Prussia. You won't be able to do that until 1500. It will make you a Feudal Monarchy.

Quick question: Playing DW, Teutonic Order and have got Revolutionary rebels in 1402. Is there a way to munchkin my way out toward a better form of government? Exactly how does those rebels work?

No idea... I would think, if they occupy your capital for two years, that they force your government to a republic of some sort.

Personal Union. Me, the Netherlands, have been overlord of England since rougly 1420. It is now 1467, and I'm starting to get worried I won't inherit before the Reformation. Unfortunately, Incorporate country is listed as 'impossible'.

1) is it country size or army that makes it impossible? I'm HRE, have 3x14 armies and am constantly boxing against the tech limit. I've expanded to encorporate all dutch/flemish culture nations (without Brabant), as well as Normandy and all of Burgundy's territory north of France-Comte. Also: Normandy. I have the vassalship of Brabant, Champagne, Oldenburg, Lorraine, Lüneburg, Palatinate, and a few other german minors. Castille is my ally.

2) If I were to 'incorporate' and it was successful, would I get infamy per province?
3) what the hell determines inheritance? I was playing, I had 100 fame and 1.3 infamy, I was bound to inherit England, I get elected Papal controller and suddenly the union is set to 'continue'. This, I'm certain, was the only factor that changed.
4) please tell me inheritance chance improves with each successive king? I've already gone through 3 kings with this union.
5) I don't want to keep England, they are to be released as vassals. After I create Ireland from its remains. (will need to conquer 2 irish minors).

1- you need 50 years , but if it says impossible , the AI don't take into consideration vassals and such , only raw sizes

2- yes you would

3- luck , monarch DIP stat

4- I don't think so

5- what is that question? don't understand. Ah , and you'll keep Wales/cornwall if you release them, unless they culture converted

5 wasn't a question, just a general remark on my plans, poorly phrased. How much infamy per province? And is there a way for the PU to continue if I go reformed and they go catholic/protestant?

5 wasn't a question, just a general remark on my plans, poorly phrased. How much infamy per province? And is there a way for the PU to continue if I go reformed and they go catholic/protestant?

0 infamy for inheritance.

PUs only care about religious groups, not religion. Orthodox Russia can inherit Catholic Scotland, for example. Just watch your relations. If the other nation goes heretic, you suffer a pretty bad relations hit, but you do get +9 a year or something form the PU.