• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thanks, ye old prussia seems to be outside the german region..I'll try to take it from excommunicated poland then :)

Or form Prussia first, they get cores on that.

Is there any way, aside from save editing, to convert one's own christian nation to animism? I was looking to play a game as a pagan Teutonic Order, but I don't appear to be able to accept the demands of animist rebels like I'd hoped. Will I be force-converted if I let rebels occupy the whole country?

Is there any way, aside from save editing, to convert one's own christian nation to animism? I was looking to play a game as a pagan Teutonic Order, but I don't appear to be able to accept the demands of animist rebels like I'd hoped. Will I be force-converted if I let rebels occupy the whole country?

Simple answer: no.

Long answer: you can lose all your provinces except for the one with the wrong religion, then go bankrupt. This is usually a massive waste of effort and prestige.

Last edited:
Is it normal to have non-stop rebels for practically forever? I find it's almost as bad as Victoria II, even with several years of peace between wars my denizens will not stop rebelling... I almost feel inclined to nerf them just to make the game a bit more playable.

Is it normal to have non-stop rebels for practically forever? I find it's almost as bad as Victoria II, even with several years of peace between wars my denizens will not stop rebelling... I almost feel inclined to nerf them just to make the game a bit more playable.

Circumstances?

Circumstances?

Yeah we're going to need more info. Frankly its not normal but certain things can cause this. Stability and Legitimacy are my shots in the dark.

If you are a big country, or have a lot of non-cores or wrong culture/religion provinces, then yes. Big countries can't build stability up very quickly, and non-core/wrong religion/wrong culture provinces have a higher revolt risk. This is bad news if you are Russia or the Ottomans.

Do you benefit from the buildings/manufactories in your vassals' provinces?

Only indirectly, since you gain 50% of each vassal's income.

Only indirectly, since you gain 50% of each vassal's income.

Only regular tax income though - you don't get to steal any of their census taxes, production income, trade income, harbor fees etc.

'Local trade income' or 'trade income'. What does this mean? Im kind of confused with regards to the 'trade buildings' you can build. How do you get money from this?

Also building production buildings in colonies increases tariffs instead of production right ?

Check your RR tooltip to see where the RR is coming from. I'm guessing you have high WE, this leads to extremely high RR.

'Local trade income' or 'trade income'. What does this mean? Im kind of confused with regards to the 'trade buildings' you can build. How do you get money from this?

Also building production buildings in colonies increases tariffs instead of production right ?

Local trade income affects how much your province contributes to its CoT. Suppose you have a Salt province that contributes 35.0 ducats to its CoT. If you build a Marketplace, it contributes 38.5 ducats (+10%). Your merchants in CoTs produce income based on the CoTs worth, multiplied by your ratio of merchants to total merchants and your trade efficiency.

Local trade income is only for that province, global trade income is for your entire nation. Having 200 provinces each with level 6 trade buildings can be game-breaking.

Building production buildings in colonies should increase tariffs. I don't know, since I'm a "colonize and forget" player.

Is there any real way to avoid Overextention when playing a major power like Castille with colonial ambitions in DW?
From the Wikki it appears that you really can't have high number of provinces and a high centralization, which means you're stuck with the negative modifiers, right?

Is there any real way to avoid Overextention when playing a major power like Castille with colonial ambitions in DW?
From the Wikki it appears that you really can't have high number of provinces and a high centralization, which means you're stuck with the negative modifiers, right?

Just wait, really, for your colonies to core. The only other way around it is to release vassals, but if you're playing a peaceful colonial game, the negative effects are not really noticeable.

Yes, simply put(the actual forumal is more complex) tarrifs are base province tax+production. So any building that increases those two will increase your tarffis. So docks would be a good thing to build in tarrif producing provinces.

If I edited a save game to give an AI country a higher tech level, do they still get everything available by reaching previous levels? For example, say Sweden unlocks a new infantry type at land tech 60 (dont know if they do, just saying). They are currently at level 55. If I modded the save to give them level 70, can they still use the new infantry type? Or is this something that only becomes available when the nation reaches level 60, and if that level is skipped it is not unlocked?

This also applies to morale bonuses gained by advancing techs, as well as benefits for advancing in all other types of technology.