• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can anyone figure out what happened here? I'm playing as Russia (dark green) and forever reason Ansbach defected to me. I'm not bordering it, nor was I at war with the owner (I think it was Brabant although I can't be sure because I wasn't paying attention, who is currently the HRE emperor and also at dishonourable scum).

Attachments

• 2011-06-01_00001.JPG
    2011-06-01_00001.JPG
    921,6 KB · Views: 76
Is there any way to remove yourself from being an electorate? playing brandenburg...

Yes there is. There are two ways. There need to be at least 7 electors and you need a relationship below 0 with the emperor for both. Then you either need to border another elector and have a relationship below 0 with them OR you need to have more than 30% of you max infamy (eg max 20 infamy you need more than 6).

The events are speed up by having a worse relationship with the emperor, right down to -200,low stablity, and high infamy. The MTTH is 25 years.

Can anyone figure out what happened here? I'm playing as Russia (dark green) and forever reason Ansbach defected to me. I'm not bordering it, nor was I at war with the owner (I think it was Brabant although I can't be sure because I wasn't paying attention, who is currently the HRE emperor and also at dishonourable scum).

Is Ansbach Orthodox?

Is Ansbach Orthodox?

Judging from the last army name on his list I'm going with yes. That's more than likely the culprit, though I can't remember the event that will turn a HRE province Orthodox, but it does happen.

New with HTTT - Is there a possibility that a junior partner who has insulted their way down to -80 relations will still be inherited by the senior? I know if the monarch dies, they split but I don't know if there is any way I may inherit the Jr before he dies. (early Aragon PU Castille)

New with HTTT - Is there a possibility that a junior partner who has insulted their way down to -80 relations will still be inherited by the senior? I know if the monarch dies, they split but I don't know if there is any way I may inherit the Jr before he dies. (early Aragon PU Castille)

In HTTT and DW, negative relations breaks the PU when the king dies.

I believe it's an issue with heretic rebels in Catholic provinces before the Reformation. Since Protestantism hasn't been activated yet the only religion they can convert to is Orthodox.

Under the same circumstances, it's possible that innovative nations will get the event "People sampling new religions" which will turn a province to another religion in the same group (Catholic->Orthodox before the reformation, or Sunni-Shiite, Buddhist-Shinto, etc.)

Edit: In fact, heretic rebels don't change a province's religion, only religious zealot rebels will do that. Here's the article from EU3 wiki on heretic rebels. Heretics come up with names of religions not prevalent enough for Paradox to include in the game, such as Lollards, Cathars, Baptists, Jains, Sikhs, and so on.

Heretics have some crazy version of the state religion, and are especially likely to pop up in narrowminded countries or provinces that already have the "heresy" modifier. On winning a siege, they'll impose their heresy on the province for two years, which doesn't change the religion but does make the province less useful. If they manage to win, your whole country gets the "heretic_country" flag, which makes things uncomfortable with your neighbors.

Question regarding "Demanding Tribute" against the horde:
Played Castille taking over Jerusalem and fighting the Timurid, managed to push them back at which they promise to give "6.1 ducats per month", I accept this assuming it's 6*12 (months/year) *5 (years/truce) = +300 ducats

But when looking at the relationsships of both Timurid and Castille I see nothing about "X paying tribute to Y" in the list, and I can't see where to look in the economy for tributes.
My economy does, however, appear to be healthier but this might just be from a growth in other departments.
Does the feature with receiving tribute work or did the Timurid stop paying me after a few months by going broke?

Also, I have a core in Saidon (the province north of Jerusalem) which is Timurid controlled, how do I act to make that province "conquerable"?

Hello.
I put my question here: Is a good thing westernization with ming?
I noted the i only advanced in muslim tech group and not European.
I lost mabdate of heaven and i canno t retake it because of Western influenze modifiers.
Si should not i point toward a massive army and navy to outnumber the europeans forces?
Thanks for advice

Question about Personal Unions

Playing a very religious Castille (see fanatic) I want to fight Marocco, but they are now the minor in a personal union with Haasa, which I have no way of reaching right now.
Is there any way to force Marocco to leave the personal union? Right now I am unable to Annex or even discuss peace with Marocco itself...
Haasa is insane and won't accept any demands even with all of Marocco occupied

Sorry if this has been posted, but there's like 101 pages now. I know you can find a province just by typing its name into the find province window (duh). Is there an easy way to find a country? When you've got loads of ever-moving minors covering a large area finding a nation can be really fiddly :/

Ok you guys are correct. Ansbach is Orthodox, for whatever reason.

Another question: Is there a chance of successfully diplo-vasallizing/annexing austria of that size, or should I not bother trying?