• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can I form German nation as Austria? If so then I know how my evening will be spent.

german_nation = {
potential = {
NOT = { exists = GER }
NOT = { tag = HRE }
OR = {
primary_culture = hannoverian
primary_culture = pommeranian
primary_culture = hessian
primary_culture = saxon
primary_culture = bavarian
primary_culture = prussian
primary_culture = rheinlaender
}
}

Only if your change your culture to not austrian, otherwise no

I thought that the number of diplomats, magistraties, spies etc. in divine wind was maximum 10, but installed and see that it’s 5 as it was. Did the paradox change it to 5, or have i to change something in settings?

It was briefly set to 10 (which we could see in the first dev diaries) in the development process. But switched back to 5 early in the development process, and has been 5 since the very first released game version.

Can I form German nation as Austria? If so then I know how my evening will be spent.

I believe yes, you're in the German culture group.

I stand corrected -- you cannot form Germany with Austrian culture. You could culture shift, though. Saxon has 12 provinces, that's more than Austrian provinces, I believe.

Ok thanks, to culture shift I must have for example more saxon provinces than austrian I guess, does it matter if I also have 3 bavarian and hungarian provinces for example? And to move the capital the new province must be a core right? Even if i culture shift this does not sound too hard as Austria who is pretty strong from start and to form germany I need to take the saxon provinces anyway.

Ok thanks, to culture shift I must have for example more saxon provinces than austrian I guess, does it matter if I also have 3 bavarian and hungarian provinces for example? And to move the capital the new province must be a core right? Even if i culture shift this does not sound too hard as Austria who is pretty strong from start and to form germany I need to take the saxon provinces anyway.

You can only move your capital to a core province, so the core requirement is a given. To culture shift, your capital must be in a non-primary cultured province, and this culture needs to be the "dominant" culture. Which means, the total number of culture provinces must be the highest for that culture. So, if you have 12 Saxon, 11 Austrian, 11 Dutch, and 11 Hungarian, Saxon would be the dominant culture.

Nice, and if i culture shift to saxon as Bohemia will czech still be an accepted culture of mine? To form a german nation maybe Bohemia would be even easier.. I mean when you form germany I think you get cores on Austria as it is part of german culture group right? That would make it more beneficial to form Germany as Bohemia as in that case I would also have Czech culture and the cores of Bohemia, am I right? :)

Nice, and if i culture shift to saxon as Bohemia will czech still be an accepted culture of mine? To form a german nation maybe Bohemia would be even easier..

Whether a culture is accepted or not does not depend on culture shifts, but on the normal rules: 20% of your total base tax must come from your Czech cores IIRC.

Place your capital in Brandenburg and form Prussia first, to get the juicy 20% Discipline decision as well :)

Whether a culture is accepted or not does not depend on culture shifts, but on the normal rules: 20% of your total base tax must come from your Czech cores IIRC.

Place your capital in Brandenburg and form Prussia first, to get the juicy 20% Discipline decision as well :)

Ah thanks, didn't know about the 20% base tax, ye good idea with the prussia discipline but it takes land 30, i'm thinking about going Germany asap, I guess land 30 is in the 1600's somewhere, dunno.

Ah thanks, didn't know about the 20% base tax, ye good idea with the prussia discipline but it takes land 30, i'm thinking about going Germany asap, I guess land 30 is in the 1600's somewhere, dunno.

Yes, the Prussian Military Reforms are somewhere in the 1600s, can't recall exactly now. If you want to form Germany as soon as possible, you'll have to skip that part. Once you have Germany, you don't really need the +20% Discipline anyway ;)

Once you have Germany, you don't really need the +20% Discipline anyway ;)
Exactly! And there should be the 6% discipline militia act for Bohemia too. Do you know if Germany get cores on all german culture group including austrian and dutch provinces? Never wanted to touch Bohemia but i'm gonna have some fun the upcoming evenings :D

Hi all, I've recently gotten EU Divine Wind, and I must say I'm hooked!

Quick questions regarding sphere of influence: Does the bonus I get to magistrates and diplomatic skill disappear, if
1) I annex the country with my SOI?
2) I vassalize the country with my SOI?

I guess it disappears if the country gets vassalized/annexed by another nation. Also, what can cause the loss of my SOI in a country? Do i lose it if they get too big/powerful etc?

Many Thanks!

Hi all, I've recently gotten EU Divine Wind, and I must say I'm hooked!

Quick questions regarding sphere of influence: Does the bonus I get to magistrates and diplomatic skill disappear, if
1) I annex the country with my SOI?
2) I vassalize the country with my SOI?

I guess it disappears if the country gets vassalized/annexed by another nation. Also, what can cause the loss of my SOI in a country? Do i lose it if they get too big/powerful etc?

Many Thanks!

Welcome, yes if the country disappears that specific SOI disappears and of course the bonuses, but dont worry find a new target for SOI, you will still keep the remaining SOI's and their bonuses. You lose the SOI when your target gets powerful in relation to you, military or economically etc

Last edited:
Hi I have a question.

In my Burgundy -> Netherlands game I have colonised New England and conquered the Iroquies. As a less important theater of my colonisation efforts. Since I am mostly focusing on South America I have a lot more land there.
Now the problem I have is simple, I have also gained Mohawk, with it's trade center. And now all my South American provinces are trading through my minor colony of Mowawk. (Renamed Vrijland.) So how do I remove that CoT in Mohawk?

Some info,
- Merchant Republic.
- Mohawk CoT is worth 2.400 ducats.
- Other CoT's in Mallaca and Antwerpen.
- Full mercantilist.

Hi I have a question.

In my Burgundy -> Netherlands game I have colonised New England and conquered the Iroquies. As a less important theater of my colonisation efforts. Since I am mostly focusing on South America I have a lot more land there.
Now the problem I have is simple, I have also gained Mohawk, with it's trade center. And now all my South American provinces are trading through my minor colony of Mowawk. (Renamed Vrijland.) So how do I remove that CoT in Mohawk?

Some info,
- Merchant Republic.
- Mohawk CoT is worth 2.400 ducats.
- Other CoT's in Mallaca and Antwerpen.
- Full mercantilist.

I dont think it can be removed before its under 300 value, you can split it tho..if noone compete in it maybe it disappears by itself.

In HTT I conquered some american provinces and can't find out why they are shown as being blockaded.

Pirates on the other side (Pacific)?