• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Latin Karaoke Cavalry, so they'll probably be singing La Bamba.

I checked the EU3 wiki but didn't see the answer to this.

What determines which CoT a province will send its trade to? I know that if you own a CoT your provinces tend to trade there. Also, geographic proximity is a big factor (though CoT ownership seems to trump this to a fairly large distance).

What about provinces that you don't own that lie between your CoT and another? How does the game determine which one wins out?

Thanks for any help.

I checked the EU3 wiki but didn't see the answer to this.

What determines which CoT a province will send its trade to? I know that if you own a CoT your provinces tend to trade there. Also, geographic proximity is a big factor (though CoT ownership seems to trump this to a fairly large distance).

What about provinces that you don't own that lie between your CoT and another? How does the game determine which one wins out?

Thanks for any help.

Ownership, Distance, Trade Rights and Trade League seems to be the deciding factors in that order. If I have a large empire and only one CoT, my provinces tend to trade through that CoT unless they're very close to another CoT.

Is it working as intended that the automatic war against hordes in DW doesn't fire if you have a regency council? You being a settler bordering a horde.

HttT question: For the Benign Neglect event, you have two options.

Option A- 10% increase in tax, 10% more stability cost (for 20 years)

Option B- 100 ducats up front.

So, notwithstanding the stability cost, Option A provides more income if the tax of the province is 5 coins or more, am I correct on this? (also notwithstanding any changes to tax income to happen in the province over the 20 years)

HttT question: For the Benign Neglect event, you have two options.

Option A- 10% increase in tax, 10% more stability cost (for 20 years)

Option B- 100 ducats up front.

So, notwithstanding the stability cost, Option A provides more income if the tax of the province is 5 coins or more, am I correct on this? (also notwithstanding any changes to tax income to happen in the province over the 20 years)

The following thread sums it up nicely: Benign Neglet (If I´m right)

How long does it take for an imperial reform to go through? I just enacted the second one, which should give me 0.4 more magistrates, amongst other things, but I;m not getting them. And it seems to take longer to go into effect than the first one.

How long does it take for an imperial reform to go through? I just enacted the second one, which should give me 0.4 more magistrates, amongst other things, but I;m not getting them. And it seems to take longer to go into effect than the first one.

It should go into effect the month after you attempt to pass it. If it doesn't, that probably means that a majority of the HRE members voted against your reform instead of for it.

Drop infamy, raise prestige and legitimacy, and have good relations with the HRE members in order to have a better chance to pass your reform.

I didn;t get a message of the outcome whatsoever though.

You never do if the reform fails to pass.

Is it of use to make refineries and such on overseas territory? Since they don;t have production income, but tariffs instead?

Production income in overseas territories simply goes under the tariffs tab.

Been there, done that. In my current game, the only territories Japan has is Kyoto, and the 4 daimyos have only their capitals, yet even though I occupy all those 5 territories, the annex button says "the cost of their provinces are too great."

Apparently, based on lack of responses so far to my question, it is impossible to annex Japan unless its united. Can someone please disprove this?