• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One more question: how do you prevent losing your fleet when you're exploring terro cognita on the seas? Except of course for returning home everytime you have discovered a province.

One more question: how do you prevent losing your fleet when you're exploring terro cognita on the seas? Except of course for returning home everytime you have discovered a province.

Get military access with the natives along your exploration route. You can only explore coast lines if you want to stay out at sea for more than one province at a time since the Open Sea causes so much more attrition. Just explore the coast and stay at a native's port to get rid of the time at sea penalty. Recover to 100% hull strength then go out again.

And when you want to reach the Americas?

Portugal/Spain. They usually colonize the Azores quickly. But other then that you'll have to return home to reset attrition and repair hull damage.

When I try to pass HRE reforms, who is voting ? Only the electors or all the members ? Do I need to have global good relations with most members or do I just have to be friends with electors ?

And when you want to reach the Americas?

Light ships are also good as explorers since they're fast which equals less damage in the long run.

When I try to pass HRE reforms, who is voting ? Only the electors or all the members ? Do I need to have global good relations with most members or do I just have to be friends with electors ?
All the members. For best results have relations of 150 or better with at least half of the members of the HRE. Or vassalise them.

A claim to the throne is a casus belli, it isnt a guarantee that you get the throne. In most cases though if you do the claim throne it will state that you will get a PU or inheirit but not always.

It's the reason why you can have succession wars. Basically you claim throne and someone else also does. you both end up in a war for the throne.

Managed to inherit the country.
I started to give money to crank up my relations with the country, then offered an aliance and after that also vassilation (which they acceped). Shortly after this I got the message that the throne was inherited by me.
Looks like your relation to the specific county has something to do with this?!

Where do I find in the save game data my prestige. I have managed to get my war exhaustion above 6, my stability is -3, I'm an absolute monarchy but for the life of me I can't get my prestige down from 100! I'm just too good a country. So I just want to edit it now so I can have my revolution that I wanted. (I was a really liberal administrative republic but I decided a revolution would be fun.

Where do I find in the save game data my prestige. I have managed to get my war exhaustion above 6, my stability is -3, I'm an absolute monarchy but for the life of me I can't get my prestige down from 100! I'm just too good a country. So I just want to edit it now so I can have my revolution that I wanted. (I was a really liberal administrative republic but I decided a revolution would be fun.

Search for "human = yes" in the savegame. The sections following that have lots of stuff concerning your country.

Any way to uncover those lakes in Uganda? Lake Victoria and whatever else the other one is. Not that it'd actually be of any use, but they look somewhat...ugly, the way they are now... ^^;

Any way to uncover those lakes in Uganda? Lake Victoria and whatever else the other one is. Not that it'd actually be of any use, but they look somewhat...ugly, the way they are now... ^^;

Moving into an adjacent province (with a conquistador) will sometimes trigger them explored, I think. Also, building a colony next to them will get them explored after a while.

Moving into an adjacent province (with a conquistador) will sometimes trigger them explored, I think. Also, building a colony next to them will get them explored after a while.

They are surrounded by wasteland though.

The only thing you can do is use the in game console. type discover_province #### where #### is the province ID; you will find it by looking in history/provinces.