• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Small question about PU's and inheritence.
Playing as Castille I have a "claim throne" on one af my, minor one province, neighbours (don't know which one right now). Yet when I hover over the king of this nation it says Naples wil inherit the throne, Why is this? Naples has NOT claimed the throne.
Is this something with next inline to the ruling king. Then why does is switch to PU, or even inherit, for me at some points and back to Naples again??!

More than one country may have claims. Unless you force your claim it is entirely possible that Naples or someone else may inheirit, form a PU, In fact it is also possible that the country in question will get its own ruler.

A claim to the throne is a casus belli, it isnt a guarantee that you get the throne. In most cases though if you do the claim throne it will state that you will get a PU or inheirit but not always.

It's the reason why you can have succession wars. Basically you claim throne and someone else also does. you both end up in a war for the throne.

What makes a personal union end? I have positive over 100 relations and a heir with strong claim but I do have negative prestige.

When my current king dies my union (im senior) always ends (Itried reloading to see what happens) what couses this?

What makes a personal union end? I have positive over 100 relations and a heir with strong claim but I do have negative prestige.

When my current king dies my union (im senior) always ends (Itried reloading to see what happens) what couses this?

You must have higher Prestige than your lesser union part, I believe.

I dont think thats it im 90% certain that my partner had even lower prestige then me, afterall we were involved in the same loosing wars lol

It could be that you need positive Prestige as well, not 100% sure. But it's definitely a Prestige thing.

Hi guys

Quick question. In my holland game i swiched to the netherlands. this gave me the option to form the east indian trading company. All I needed was a far east trade port. So I got this and the little flag came up at the top of the screen telling me the decision was makeable, so to speak. Only when I whent into the missions and decisions screen it wasn't. It told me that the port had to be owned by holland. Is there anyway to rectify this obvious bug?

Hi guys

Quick question. In my holland game i swiched to the netherlands. this gave me the option to form the east indian trading company. All I needed was a far east trade port. So I got this and the little flag came up at the top of the screen telling me the decision was makeable, so to speak. Only when I whent into the missions and decisions screen it wasn't. It told me that the port had to be owned by holland. Is there anyway to rectify this obvious bug?

Try a save-reload after a TAG change. As the Netherlands, you should have the Oostindische Compagnie anyway (sp?), you cannot enact the East Indian Trade Company as The Netherlands.

save reload helped. thx safferli

Great. It's always a good advice to save-reload after a tag change. It helps the game "reboot" with the new tags, I believe.

thanks it was there, but why? they have been in teh normal folder every other time for the last 3 years I've had this game.

Ask Windows. Check the tech support forum sticky for links and explanations to Windows compatibility files.

Does HttT run on a Mac? Steam states that up to In Nominie it worked for both operating systems, but HttT just shows as Windows-only. Is it a oversight from Steam's part?