• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my current game, as Holland, I'm HRE and abusing Imperial Liberation and Holy War to release dozens of vassals, and I've noticed losses of 2/province, 1/province and even zero - that was for Kongo, but then when I did it to Swahili, I did lose infamy... I was wondering if anyone knew how exactly it's supposed to work.

you get 0/province if the released nation is pagan. I'm not aware of a situation where one gets 2/province.

I have Divine Wind; should I install the Beta patch or not? My games take a long time (several weeks) to finish. Or should I just wait for the official patch?

Your save games should be compatible with the patch. And yes it would be a good idea to install it, it does vastly improve several areas.

I'm playing Vanilla Divine Wind, and in a game playing as Hesse. I managed to vassalize Hamburg after it defected as a one-province minor, and eventually made it a core, but even though after I had it as a core, and had the required colonial range, I still couldn't colonize the north african coast. Do I need to have a connection of land provinces from my capital to my coastal province to be able to colonize? That seems a bit silly to me.

Is there someway or somewhere to see how close to overextension you are?

Not that I know of. You could use the national comparison of the ledger to do your calculations manually, but nothing will tell you "you're 1 non-core province away from Overextension".

I'm playing Vanilla Divine Wind, and in a game playing as Hesse. I managed to vassalize Hamburg after it defected as a one-province minor, and eventually made it a core, but even though after I had it as a core, and had the required colonial range, I still couldn't colonize the north african coast. Do I need to have a connection of land provinces from my capital to my coastal province to be able to colonize? That seems a bit silly to me.

Yes, you need a land connection from your capital to a port to be able to colonise.

you get 0/province if the released nation is pagan. I'm not aware of a situation where one gets 2/province.

Released nations take your religion though. None for pagan provs, I guess. I think maybe it's 2/province for OPMs and/or same-culture-group or something. I've definitely taken provinces by Holy War or Imperial Liberation and ended up with less BB than I started with. In fact, in my recent conquest of Vijayanagar, I took several provinces, only released some of them and ended up with zero BB.

Last edited:
Do I need to have a connection of land provinces from my capital to my coastal province to be able to colonize? That seems a bit silly to me.
As an alternative, you could conquer 1 colony and once it develops into a city colonize its neighbor provinces, then their neighbor provinces ...
At least this was possible in DW5.0, unless it was some sort of bug ^^

Damn I got this problem again The Hansa refused me to trade when i was at -200 rep with them, now I'm at +200 but they haven't opened up their CoT in lubeck yet, there is no 'open market' option on them, can I do anything to make them open it? Will they open it if I keep waiting or if I declare war will they open it after at peace?

Damn I got this problem again The Hansa refused me to trade when i was at -200 rep with them, now I'm at +200 but they haven't opened up their CoT in lubeck yet, there is no 'open market' option on them, can I do anything to make them open it? Will they open it if I keep waiting or if I declare war will they open it after at peace?

They've probably embargoed you, meaning you should have a trade war CB or something like that. Anyhow, said CB would allow you to go to war and force them to open their CoT again.

Is there someway or somewhere to see how close to overextension you are?

Check the percentage of uncored provinces you're allowed to have according to your rulers administration rating. This can be done in the triggered modifiers window. Next there's the pie charts in the ledger which shows cored vs. uncored provinces. That's as close as you'll get.

Ehh I don't know how to say this but, WTH are my save games?
they are not in my save game folder but when I load up my game it's THERE and I can load it. when I copy paste the folder the resulting game copy dose not have the save games on load.
I have no idea I checked and the folder is not hidden or anything, I just what...

they are not in my save game folder but when I load up my game it's THERE and I can load it. when I copy paste the folder the resulting game copy dose not have the save games on load.
I have no idea I checked and the folder is not hidden or anything, I just what...

Look for them in:

$DRIVE:\Users\$USERNAME\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\$EU_FOLDER\savegames​

Check the tech support sticky for information on Windows Compatibility Files.