• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i got another question: as a free trader nation is there any point in building own CoTs? you don´t get tariffs, do you? and your traders get no boni/penalised.

Don't build in non-cores atleast as every non-core CoT decreases your compete chance with 15%, should be good to build cot in core tho as u get 0.5 merchant yearly from each cot

All of your cores are changed to the union tag. You additionally get all the union tag's cores.

Are you 100% certain of that? I have a Viyajanagar -> Hindustan game where there's a small smattering of provinces which remained Viyajanagar cores when I switched and some where it went away at the moment of forming the union. Not quite sure what made the difference.

I was at war with Genoa so they blocked me from their CoT, now I vassalised them to get access to the CoT again but they havent opened it yet, how can I get access to the liguarian CoT again? What makes them stop blocking me out?

Isn't there a diplomatic option for this? Something down at the bottom of the list, like 'Open Markets'?

Are you 100% certain of that? I have a Viyajanagar -> Hindustan game where there's a small smattering of provinces which remained Viyajanagar cores when I switched and some where it went away at the moment of forming the union. Not quite sure what made the difference.

Hm, I'm not 100% sure with union tags, but this is how it should work with tag switching. My last Hansa -> Netherlands -> Prussia game, I never "lost" cores.

What is the advantages of being the HRE. Starting the game as Austria should I leave the HRE immediately because they always ask me to give away land to Bohemia. Bohemia P***es me off.

Well, then you have to fight Bohemia every time you DoW someone, and early-game they can probably give you a good fight. Just don't expand so aggressively within the empire.

playing venice, the cot opened after a while, guess it needed some time..

This could be down to trade range. If the text in the ledger is red, it's out of range.

i,ve a question too,and im hoping thtas the right thread..i tried to seek the beta patch but icant because becoming message i ve to register the game...but my key is sucsessfull regist..but only devine winds.need to register eu3 complete?
thx

i,ve a question too,and im hoping thtas the right thread..i tried to seek the beta patch but icant because becoming message i ve to register the game...but my key is sucsessfull regist..but only devine winds.need to register eu3 complete?
thx

Yes, you need to register your base game: either one of EU3 base, EU3 complete, or EU3 chronicles will do.

Hm, I'm not 100% sure with union tags, but this is how it should work with tag switching. My last Hansa -> Netherlands -> Prussia game, I never "lost" cores.

I didn't mean losing cores. Your original statement indicated that, after the switch, all the (in my example) Vijayanagar cores would have transformed into Hindustan cores. What I've seen, though, is not a 100% transformation. In some provinces, yes, the Vij. core went away and a Hindustan core replaced it (=transformation), while in other provinces the Hindustan core was added and the Vij. core remained (=addition).

I didn't mean losing cores. Your original statement indicated that, after the switch, all the (in my example) Vijayanagar cores would have transformed into Hindustan cores. What I've seen, though, is not a 100% transformation. In some provinces, yes, the Vij. core went away and a Hindustan core replaced it (=transformation), while in other provinces the Hindustan core was added and the Vij. core remained (=addition).

Ah, not sure on that. The only important thing for me is that I keep my cores :)

Exactly how is the amount of Infamy burned by releasing provinces as vassals calculated?

I think it's 1/province, but don't take my word for it.

You lose the original nations cores on all provinces which are not of its primary culture.

To use an example I can hopefully actually spell :), when England forms GB: GB will gain a core anywhere England currently have one, plus get its union cores on England Scotland + Orkney, Wales & Ireland. England will keep its cores on England itself, and any other provinces that it has convereted to English culture but will lose them on all non English cultured provinces, ie usually Scotland, Ireland, Wales & France at least.

So you lose it on all non primary cultured provinces even if they are still in your general culture group or an accepted culture. The same happens when a nation is destroyed, look at Byzantine cores after they fall for example...

It is always an 'addition' as you define it, but then there is a subtraction of original cores in some provinces.

I think it's 1/province, but don't take my word for it.

In my current game, as Holland, I'm HRE and abusing Imperial Liberation and Holy War to release dozens of vassals, and I've noticed losses of 2/province, 1/province and even zero - that was for Kongo, but then when I did it to Swahili, I did lose infamy... I was wondering if anyone knew how exactly it's supposed to work.