• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've had the Golden Horde not declare war on me twice in a row (after each 5 year period) as Poland. Of course, when I fabricated obscure documents on Bohemia and attacked them to claim their throne, then they declared war on me.

Is there any way to force a PU to intergrate? Playing as Poland, I'm trying to get Lithuania to join me, but they keep slapping me down.

Same way you get a vassal to be annexed. High diplo raiting(expand your SoI to increase this, each country in it ups your Dip ratiing by +1, as well as adding some magistrate growth) and persistance.

I westernized to latin , but how do I get rid of the western influences modifier and all those bad events? I can modernize my militry and that apparently gets rid of it, but I dont have enough centralization and the events keep on decreasing it. Is there any other way to get rid of it and all those bad events?

Is there a way to stop paying tribute after the 5-year truce is finished that doesn't involve a DoW without CB? I've been paying tribute for decades to the Chagatai, they're not declaring war on me any more, I got a mission on one of their provinces (but no CB for it) and I'm Westernising so the -2 Stability really is a no-go...

There's no way to cancel it unless one of you declares war or you go bankrupt. The whole idea of the tributes is that it should keep the horde off you until one of you decides to attack again (at the cost of 2 stability)

Not entirely true, there are in fact no compulsory expenses that effect this.

Your monthly income is divided into 7 items government, production, trade, naval, land, stability and Treasury.

Your monthly expenses and in fact all expenses come out of your treasury (which is your annual income plus any income that goes into treasury).

As can be seen in the above picture your monthly income is 221 with 170,4 going into research and 50,6 going into treasury. Expenses are not linked directly to this, though if your current treasury goes to zero you will have to take a loan(this is very different to EU2 which basically allowed you to do free minting).

In EU3 all stuff like merchants, army maintenance, interest etc. goes from your current treasury not from your monthly income (unless part of that is going to treasury).

Putting monthly income into treasury leads to inflation.

You're right. My fault.

Will a horde war keep you from inheriting through a personal union? I'm asking both as a non-horde and as a horde.

What are penalties to non-core CoT?
Is it better to destroy it?

you get a -25% trade penalty for each non-core CoT. If it's a valuable CoT, and you're building your strategy around it, keep them. If it's a 100-value CoT that you got "by accident", it might be useful to destroy it. Depends. CoT itself are very valuable, and 50 years of a dent in trade can be manageable, if you know what to do and planned accordingly.

you get a -25% trade penalty for each non-core CoT.

Actually it's -15% compete chance in foreign CoTs for each non-core CoT owned.

Integration gives infamy, but does normal inheritance also give infamy?

Does integration ever give cores?

No. Inheritance gives cores on right-culture group provinces, and on Imperial Territory if both countries are in the HRE, but Integration never gives cores.

Actually it's -15% compete chance in foreign CoTs for each non-core CoT owned.

Sorry, you're of course correct. Now where did I get that -25% idea from? :confused: