• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone else have the issue where the names of the provinces on the map don't appear after you use a GoTo button on a popup or click the minimap, until you scroll or zoom?

Example:

Does anyone else have the issue where the names of the provinces on the map don't appear after you use a GoTo button on a popup or click the minimap, until you scroll or zoom?

Happens all the time.

What does the line between fourth and fifth level buildings mean? (In the buildings/province tab)

You can build all the level 4 buildings in every province, but you can only build one type of the level 5 and 6 buildings in one province.

What does the line between fourth and fifth level buildings mean? (In the buildings/province tab)

Any number of building types up to level 4 can be built in a province, but you can only have one type of Level 5 and Level 6 building in each province.

EDIT: I really should avoid the grassy knoll.

Wait what? xD

Jinzo_Abridged.jpg

Does being Holy Roman Emperor effect your chances of inheritting countries you hold in a Personal Union?

No, not as far as I know.

I understand this, but 100% of what? Which incomes go into investment?

All of your leftover income after other mandatory expenses go into either research or minting. Note in the screenshot below how the Investments field under Monthly Expenses expand into the sliders in the economy window.

economy.png

I'm 99% sure I already asked this, but I can't find it through searching this thread, so here goes:

Is there any difference between using a general or a conquistador with the same stats in combat? Does the conquistadors just have the extra ability to explore? Does this also go for admiral/explorer?

I'm 99% sure I already asked this, but I can't find it through searching this thread, so here goes:

Is there any difference between using a general or a conquistador with the same stats in combat? Does the conquistadors just have the extra ability to explore? Does this also go for admiral/explorer?

Conquistadors are generals that can explore, they have no other extra ability. Same for admirals/explorers.

In EU2, conquistadors had an increase fighting stat in tropical provinces, or something like that, can't remember fully. But not in EU3.

All of your leftover income after other mandatory expenses go into either research or minting. Note in the screenshot below how the Investments field under Monthly Expenses expand into the sliders in the economy window.

Not entirely true, there are in fact no compulsory expenses that effect this.

Your monthly income is divided into 7 items government, production, trade, naval, land, stability and Treasury.

Your monthly expenses and in fact all expenses come out of your treasury (which is your annual income plus any income that goes into treasury).

As can be seen in the above picture your monthly income is 221 with 170,4 going into research and 50,6 going into treasury. Expenses are not linked directly to this, though if your current treasury goes to zero you will have to take a loan(this is very different to EU2 which basically allowed you to do free minting).

In EU3 all stuff like merchants, army maintenance, interest etc. goes from your current treasury not from your monthly income (unless part of that is going to treasury).

Putting monthly income into treasury leads to inflation.

Can Ireland (capital in Leinster) join the HRE without switching the capital to the mainland? I have three provinces cored in France that are part of the HRE.. Thanks.

You can only add provinces to the HRE that are adjacent to the HRE, so you can't join without having a mainland capital. That said, you can't move your capital into/out of the HRE, either.

Is there a way to stop enemy armies from going on your territory when they're fighting another country in Divine Wind? I don't recall them doing at all in HttT, but it happens here all the time, and is highly frustrating. It's like something out of Civ, for Pete's sake.

Is there a way to stop enemy armies from going on your territory when they're fighting another country in Divine Wind? I don't recall them doing at all in HttT, but it happens here all the time, and is highly frustrating. It's like something out of Civ, for Pete's sake.

Are you in the HRE? Do they have a truce with you?

Where is the tech support forum? I can't seem to find it.

You need to register your base game (probably EU3 Complete) to access it.

Is there a way to stop paying tribute after the 5-year truce is finished that doesn't involve a DoW without CB? I've been paying tribute for decades to the Chagatai, they're not declaring war on me any more, I got a mission on one of their provinces (but no CB for it) and I'm Westernising so the -2 Stability really is a no-go...

Is there a way to stop paying tribute after the 5-year truce is finished that doesn't involve a DoW without CB? I've been paying tribute for decades to the Chagatai, they're not declaring war on me any more, I got a mission on one of their provinces (but no CB for it) and I'm Westernising so the -2 Stability really is a no-go...
they stopped attacking? are they still steppe nomads?