• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A quick question.

Is there a way for a non-HRE country, such as Naples, Hungary, or even ottoman, to join HRE, and how?

You simply get a province that borders a current imperial province, take the decision in each province all the way back to your capital, and then you're in. If you have bad relations or are bigger than the Emperor, though, he won't let you in.

You simply get a province that borders a current imperial province, take the decision in each province all the way back to your capital, and then you're in. If you have bad relations or are bigger than the Emperor, though, he won't let you in.

thx for the reply. A couple of follow up questions: Do you need to be catholic? How can the emperor deny you if this is basically your provincal decision based on your description?

thx for the reply. A couple of follow up questions: Do you need to be catholic? How can the emperor deny you if this is basically your provincal decision based on your description?

The decision asks the emperor, who has to say yes or no. To avoid complications, the AI will never join a human owned empire.

I don't believe you need to be catholic but I don't know.

It's a provincial decision for you, but it fires an event for the emperor where they can accept or deny membership to that territory. Whatever happens you still lose that magistrate.

Only catholics can join the HRE.

Normally you'd have to have less provinces than the current emperor before being able to join (He doesn't want a contender for the job) but there's currently a bug where it doesn't work properly, so as long as you spam the emperor, even France can join the empire.

It's a provincial decision for you, but it fires an event for the emperor where they can accept or deny membership to that territory. Whatever happens you still lose that magistrate.

OK, I did some research, but become more confused. I saw two decisions in the HRE.txt:

join_hre = {
potential = {
hre = no
owner = { is_emperor = no }
religion_group = christian
owner = {
}
any_neighbor_province = {
hre = yes
}
}
allow = {
OR = {
is_emperor = yes
emperor = { relation = { who = THIS value = 100 } }
}
owner = {
officials = 1
}
is_core = THIS
}
effect = {
owner = {
prestige = 0.02
officials = -1
}
emperor = {
country_event = 9493
# set_province_flag = asked_join_hre
}
}

join_hre_emp = {
potential = {
hre = no
owner = { is_emperor = yes }
owner = {
}
any_neighbor_province = {
hre = yes
}
}
allow = {
owner = {
officials = 1
}
is_core = THIS
}
effect = {
owner = {
prestige = 0.02
officials = -1
add_imperial_influence = 1
}
hre = yes
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
}
}

Which one is to join HRE?

Both: the first one is for any nation that is not the Emperor and the second one is for the Emperor only.

How do you build a trade center in divine wind?

In the province that is your national focus, there will be a button for it. I don't remember the conditions, but the tooltip should tell them to ye.

If I delay changing a slider when I have the opportunity (usually because I want to go towards centralization but I can't deal with a rebellion just now), is the next slider change delayed as well? Or will it arrive on the same date regardless of when the last one happened?

Is it ever worth it to destroy a CoT you own?

If I delay changing a slider when I have the opportunity (usually because I want to go towards centralization but I can't deal with a rebellion just now), is the next slider change delayed as well? Or will it arrive on the same date regardless of when the last one happened?

Date is counted from the last change, so yes, "delays" are accumulative.