• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to break te PU being the major partner? Cause Im Italy and I want to chage to Noble Republic, but since I was Napels before unification I have Province in PU from the begining, so I want to break it.
I tried to support a pretender at their capital, succeded and they a holding it for now. Will that help? Will he, pretender, break the PU for me?

Is there a way to break te PU being the major partner? Cause Im Italy and I want to chage to Noble Republic, but since I was Napels before unification I have Province in PU from the begining, so I want to break it.
I tried to support a pretender at their capital, succeded and they a holding it for now. Will that help? Will he, pretender, break the PU for me?

That might work, but I'm not sure. If you insult them and get your relations below 0 or get negative prestige, they'll become independent when your king dies.

Well its kinda stupid to ruing my own prestige since it is beneficial for me to have big one; and about the insults - but i have like +5 early stadings and do not want, againg, tranish my prestige. But I got it, that is the way out.

Pretender will take 36 months of holding the capital to take over. The only other way is to just cancle alliance and insult relations down to below 0, and wait for your king to die (turn him into a general and put him in command of an army that is fighting/sieging to speed things up).

Is it possible to create a union state that covers multiple culture groups? (For example, a Western Roman Empire that covers the Latin, Iberian and French culture groups?)

If it is possible, how is it done?

Yakyou: Yes and no. Cultural union states are defined, like all other states, in advance, by Paradox. The game files define exactly under which circumstances such a nation can be formed, which provinces you must own, which of them cored, what exactly you gain from the decision, etc. So such a union state does not exist but could certainly be added by any modder.

So such a union state does not exist but could certainly be added by any modder.
(When I said "create", I did mean it in the "mod it in" sense...)

Can you hold me by the hand and tell me how the decision file for the formation of such a country differs from more normal union formation decisions?

Or should I bugger off to the User Mods forum for that?

That's probably best because while I do have a good idea of what's possible in mods and have some idea of how to go about it, I haven't ever made one :)

I do not think it would be any different from other union decisions, though.

(When I said "create", I did mean it in the "mod it in" sense...)

Can you hold me by the hand and tell me how the decision file for the formation of such a country differs from more normal union formation decisions?

Mod forum would be your best bet I think. You'd have to register EU3 to post there.

How do sieges with PU and vassal allies work again?

PU ally gives control to you, unless they border their own provinces, right?

Vassal ally gives control to you, unless they have a core on that province, right?

How do sieges with PU and vassal allies work again?

PU ally gives control to you, unless they border their own provinces, right?

Vassal ally gives control to you, unless they have a core on that province, right?

PU and vassal allies will always give you control unless they have core on it, no matter who did the sieging

Is there any way to increase the number of units produced by a province for trade? And what decides the amount I spend on investment (technology research/stability)? I don't appear to be able to change it.

PU and vassal allies will always give you control unless they have core on it, no matter who did the sieging
Are you sure? I could've sworn PU allies would also take control of bordering provinces.

Is there any way to increase the number of units produced by a province for trade? And what decides the amount I spend on investment (technology research/stability)? I don't appear to be able to change it.
Population decides how many units are produced, unless the provinces is "distant overseas" in which case it only produces 1.0 units.
Minting decides how much you spend on investments. No minting = 100% going to investments.

Are you sure? I could've sworn PU allies would also take control of bordering provinces.

In my current game as Poland Lithuania has seiged and captured some Golden Horde provinces and control went to me (who can't colonize them because I'm not adjacent...).