• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless you can have the excommunication revoked by the current curia controller - no. It might be worth to try and spam said country with gifts to get 150+ relations but it is no guarantee that they will lift it.

Ciçatrix said:
Playing as the Incas, I attack a 2000 men rebel army with 10000 men. Result: I lose about 1000 men, they 300, and then retreat. Repeat process ad infinitum. Why won't the rebels reasonably disband instead of retreating?

The problem comes when you have rebels in places like Russia, tropical areas of South-East Asia and some parts of the Americas where travel times are long - a month will end while the enemy are retreating, they'll get some morale back and then they'll be able to fight on.

I believe there's also the possibility your guys aren't doing enough shock damage, even with a 5:1 force advantage. You may have to get better troops before this can really be settled, but in the meantime, try assigning a general who gives a shock bonus and see if that helps.

Hired out advisors (economy)

If one of my advisors gets hired by another country, I will earn gold by the "purchase". Will I also get income from the maintenance he buyer has to pay each month?

Playing as Great Britain, currently controlling all of the British Isles, Iceland, and three provinces in Spain (Andalucia, Cadiz, Gibraltar). Hold an alliance with Portugal, which holds all of the Portuguese lands, the province on top of them, and a few more provinces in Spain. Aragon is gone, and Castille has been greatly reduced in size and power by repeated aggressive attacks against Portugal and I.

France is blobbing. Burgundy is big enough to threaten them, but not greatly, and simply won't ally with me. France has currently absorbed all the Navarran and Aragonese lands. They are ahead of all the non-OPM/2PM countries in all tech. I'm scared. Very scared.
I don't have the power, the alliances, the infamy, or a casus belli capabilities to wage a war against them, and I'm not Narrowminded enough (let alone not infamous enough) to control the Curia.

How screwed am I, and what's the best way to prevent them from utterly destroying me and the rest of Europe?

Declare war on France, let them come to you, scorch the earth in your iberian provinces, fight them in portugese provinces (get military access for higher supply limit). Once the huge french stacks are in the south, send in a small stack to pick off newly recruited armies so they can't reinforce. Once you get their big stacks down there's a good chance that other nations (Burgundy, Holland etc.) will declare war on France and pick them clean like vultures around a carcass.

Re: Byzantine Regnal numbers
It should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\localisation\text.csv, but I cannot find BYZ or Byzantium in that file. I can however find all the other countries. Consider renaming "Byzantine" to "Roman" in text.csv. Consider renaming Byzantium in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\localisation\in_nomine_text.csv. It lists only 7 countries there, including Byzantium, while most are located in text.csv.

I read http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?281737-Mod-Guide-Creating-a-new-country for instructions on creating a new country. Editing an already existing country with those instructions should even be easier.

Ok - thanks! Do you know if I have to restart a game if I only change the regnal numbers and add more names? Or can I continue my saved game?

test

Last edited:
Ok - thanks! Do you know if I have to restart a game if I only change the regnal numbers and add more names? Or can I continue my saved game?

You can continue your game if your change pretty much everything except for history folder stuff, such as provincial base_tax, manpower etc.

Quick Question:

I have seen people mentioning that GH is overpowered in 5.1 beta, how exactly are they overpowered? do they just keep on attacking you?
So I am just wondering as a new player is it really feasible for me to play as Novgorod?

thx

Quick Question:

I have seen people mentioning that GH is overpowered in 5.1 beta, how exactly are they overpowered? do they just keep on attacking you?
So I am just wondering as a new player is it really feasible for me to play as Novgorod?

thx

Its feasible to play as or against them, its just a question of how willing are you play constant years or warfare, with relatively short times of peace. As for them being overpowered, i dont know specifics, but i can imagine how someone might consider either of these overpowering: global manpower bonus, global units cost reduction, steppe terrain shock (irrc shock?) bonus, pretty good units compared to Russian start units etc.

Quick Question:

thx

Any province occupied by a horde for 12 months (that has no other buildings than a fort) will automatically defect to the horde. Hordes also destroy buildings while occupying a province. This basically allows them to continually grow and grow and grow with nothing to stop them. They eventually collapse around 1500 due to all the rebels from their continuous expansion.

Thanks! That's really helpful.

Now, another question (the last, I promise): I'm playing as Urbino (formed Italy one year ago) and I had managed to secure the Holy Roman throne for Cesare's son Oddantonio II. All of the electors but one would vote for me in the next Imperial election and I was winning against Austria by a margin of 50-100 points. However, when Oddantonio died, Queen Lucrezia Borgia wasn't elected to be Empress. Anton I of Austria was favoured by the electors. Is there a special reason for it? I'm playing DW and I'm not sure if I have the 30th March patch. At least in IN you could have female Emperors. Is this a kind of bug?

Thanks! That's really helpful.

Now, another question (the last, I promise): I'm playing as Urbino (formed Italy one year ago) and I had managed to secure the Holy Roman throne for Cesare's son Oddantonio II. All of the electors but one would vote for me in the next Imperial election and I was winning against Austria by a margin of 50-100 points. However, when Oddantonio died, Queen Lucrezia Borgia wasn't elected to be Empress. Anton I of Austria was favoured by the electors. Is there a special reason for it? I'm playing DW and I'm not sure if I have the 30th March patch. At least in IN you could have female Emperors. Is this a kind of bug?

HRE is a No Girls Allowed kinda club.

No HRE can be a girl.

Look up Salic Law

I'm playing as Bohemia and this is the first time I've been elected HRE. France took a couple of Italian states which dropped my influence. My question is how do I ask them to give me that territory? you know the event that drops stability and gives infamy if they refuse.

What is better for anti-pirate, Big ships or light ships?
If you're actually fighting them: go for the big ships if that's an option. If you're wondering which ships are better for patrolling to prevent pirates (or if you don't happen to have big ships around) go for the small ships as they're cheaper and faster.

Just remember: numbers will kill pirates easily. Clearing an entire New-World coast from pirates can easily be done by ca. ten big ships, possibly less. Just make sure you leave some light ships behind to patrol so they don't spawn again.

I'm playing as Bohemia and this is the first time I've been elected HRE. France took a couple of Italian states which dropped my influence. My question is how do I ask them to give me that territory? you know the event that drops stability and gives infamy if they refuse.

It's just an event with a MTTH of some time, so you have to wait for it to fire.

I conquered Sri Lanka and I can't form an east indian trade company. The condition on the decision shows that I do not fulfill the requirement of owning an "east asian trade port". Sri Lanka looks to be in that region though... Might be a bug?

EDIT: Started working after a reload. Odd.