• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can I form Germany from the HRE by changing the capital to Berlin and accepting the Cultural Shift? Will I be able to keep all the cores I have (basically all of europe without portugal or Great Britain) or will I just have the cores in Germany?

Did you have a truce with any of those nations?

France, yes. I'm not sure about the minors. Does access now apply to all countries you have a truce with? Land only? For the duration? Perhaps only when entering from a country not yours? Those would fit my experience, now I think about it.

Anyway, if that's so, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Can I form Germany from the HRE by changing the capital to Berlin and accepting the Cultural Shift? Will I be able to keep all the cores I have (basically all of europe without portugal or Great Britain) or will I just have the cores in Germany?

HRE cannot form any other unions. The codes specify a unified HRE state cannot form anything else.
Although, a unified German Monarch can form HRE. France, Italy, Russia, or other union tag can also unify HRE.

France, yes. I'm not sure about the minors. Does access now apply to all countries you have a truce with? Land only? For the duration? Perhaps only when entering from a country not yours? Those would fit my experience, now I think about it.

Anyway, if that's so, I didn't know that. Thanks.

If you're in a truce w/ France you're prob in a truce w/ all the little minors it drags along. Theres a 6mo(I think) grace period after a war wherer you can move your troops through their land. This is mean to allow your to get your troops back home.

Byzantine Regnal numbers

As you might have guessed by looking at my username, I am a mostly Byzantine player. I'd like to ask one or two questions about the numeration of my monarchs (e.g. Theodoros I should be III). I've found the file which contains the possible monarch's name and the numeration itself. The questions are:

1. Is there a limited number of names that I can have in that file?
2. Is it the only file that I need to mod (I usually start the game in 1405)?
3. Do I need to start a new campaign in order for this modifications to work?
4. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance :)

PS: also, how can I change the name to Roman Empire?

Re: Byzantine Regnal numbers
It should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\localisation\text.csv, but I cannot find BYZ or Byzantium in that file. I can however find all the other countries. Consider renaming "Byzantine" to "Roman" in text.csv. Consider renaming Byzantium in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\localisation\in_nomine_text.csv. It lists only 7 countries there, including Byzantium, while most are located in text.csv.

I read http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?281737-Mod-Guide-Creating-a-new-country for instructions on creating a new country. Editing an already existing country with those instructions should even be easier.

Hey, uh....if the Holy Roman Empire, after being united, collapses by 100,000 revolts all over the place (Half my vassals, as castille, were in the HRE - and I randomly saw half of them disappeared. But my military was twice the size of all of Europe, so I declared war, and occupied half of Europe with the help of all my French and African vassals (Great Britain is my vassal, but England isn't :/ ) - the revolts in the HRE stopped my advance more than their actual military. So I get them to release like half of western France/eastern Germany. Then the rest rebel out lol - they're whole country was like occupied by rebels)

Okay, anyway, if the HRE completely dissolves into the minors (that I vassalize), then will the HRE that was there in the beginning of the game form?

What are your favourite countries to vassalize?

The small german-cultured principalities. What I like to call "The German Swarm". They are small enough to be diplovassalized. But once you have like 10 of them they are a true menace to your enemy in a war, and they are enormously helpfull when sieging because of the many small armies they naturally have. plus if they're electors they vote for you, and if you are emperor they will be more positive when voting on reforms and you will always be able to force religious unity on them.

I believe Greece has a chance of popping up under greek patriots seceding from any greek culture province while Byzantium doesn't exist, but that is fishy at best. Greece doesn't start with any cores so it's hard to say.