• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Infamy imposes massive penalties on trade and any significant badboy is going to kill your chances of being a successful trading power (among other things). Anywhere close to the limit and - as you've found - you'll struggle to trade at all.

You get double you infamy in penalty for trading abroad, so with 28.16 infamy you get -56.32% compete chance.

Is there any way to see how much tribute you get from individual countries?

I'm having problems with ping-pong battles. When I play as a European country, the surrender mechanics work fine and I'm able to easily get rid of big forces once I've depleted their morale. However, this doesn't seem to work when I play as countries like the Golden Horde or Vijanayagar, where things seem similar to the old mechanics where I have to chase down a wrecked force several times before I can finally wear it down. This makes rebel-whacking incredibly annoying. Should this be happening? I have the latest 5.1, but noticed this in 5.0 as well.

The standard is weekly 4 hour sessions starting in 1399 and hopefully finishing in 1821. You can read the first post or two of some of the active MP threads to get some basics down. A complete game usually takes around 5 months to complete.

Wow, how do you get a group of people to comply for some many horas and weeks? If you miss a seesion or have to log out does the AI take control for the time you miss ?

Wow, how do you get a group of people to comply for some many horas and weeks? If you miss a seesion or have to log out does the AI take control for the time you miss ?

The AI will take control if a substitute cannot be found.

I'm having problems with ping-pong battles. When I play as a European country, the surrender mechanics work fine and I'm able to easily get rid of big forces once I've depleted their morale. However, this doesn't seem to work when I play as countries like the Golden Horde or Vijanayagar, where things seem similar to the old mechanics where I have to chase down a wrecked force several times before I can finally wear it down. This makes rebel-whacking incredibly annoying. Should this be happening? I have the latest 5.1, but noticed this in 5.0 as well.

It could be due to the lower discipline (Quality/Quantity slider), lower land tech (and morale), worse troops (infantry), longer distances between provinces also might give the rebels more morale if the months change.

What's changed with access through neutrals? In a recent war with Burgundy, I got MA to hit them in their capital, but found that I could move through French provinces, as well. Since Burgundy had MA through France, I thought this might explain it, but no, I could move through the little future-French minors, too. It was kind of like the HRE, but emphatically not actually in the Empire.

How has this changed? It used not to be the case.

What's changed with access through neutrals? In a recent war with Burgundy, I got MA to hit them in their capital, but found that I could move through French provinces, as well. Since Burgundy had MA through France, I thought this might explain it, but no, I could move through the little future-French minors, too. It was kind of like the HRE, but emphatically not actually in the Empire.

How has this changed? It used not to be the case.

Did you have a truce with any of those nations?

How can there by more than 100% of a world supply of goods?

goodssupply.png