• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So uh, I got a little problem here.
I am Austria, HRE, an army of 90,000.
Spain, in a PU unter me, has barely 50,000 men under arms.
Our income is roughly the same.

Still, they have started insulting me lately and I have no idea why...what am I missing here, I wonder?

Last edited:
Why do generals die so very fast? I had one that lived a couple of decades, but that's a rarity. Most of them can't even seem to hit five years before keeling over.

So uh, I got a little problem here.
I am Austria, HRE, an army of 90,000.
Spain, in a PU unter me, das barely 50,000 men under arms.
Our income is roughly the same.

Still, they have started insulting me lately and I have no idea why...what am I missing here, I wonder?

Spain wants to be the Emperor, though I see no problem with Spain being the Emperor.

While in the Imperial Map Mode, mouse over your provinces. If it's part of the Empire, you'll get a tooltip saying 'This Province is Part of the Empire'.

Inside the CoT menu, mouse over any foreign merchant you can compete with. You'll see a listing of all the factors boosting your Compete Chance, as well as theirs.

Thank you very much!

Another CoT/tooltip related question (sorry, I am a obsessed with understanding numbers!): Where do I see what modifies the amount of trade I make from a CoT. E.g. if the CoT is worth 500 say, and both I and someone else have 5 merchants places, the amount we make is not necessarily the same (I might make 80 ducats while the other guy makes 90 say). Is there a tooltip for that too?

Thanks

Another CoT/tooltip related question (sorry, I am a obsessed with understanding numbers!): Where do I see what modifies the amount of trade I make from a CoT. E.g. if the CoT is worth 500 say, and both I and someone else have 5 merchants places, the amount we make is not necessarily the same (I might make 80 ducats while the other guy makes 90 say). Is there a tooltip for that too?

Thanks

The other guy has better trade efficiency. With same trade efficiency and same number of merchants you would both make same amount of money.

Is the increased chance that your ruler dies if he;s leading an army a static chance, ie unrelated to whether he actually fights?

If so, does putting the leader back in the general pool again gets rid of that chance again?

Why do generals die so very fast? I had one that lived a couple of decades, but that's a rarity. Most of them can't even seem to hit five years before keeling over.

Is the increased chance that your ruler dies if he;s leading an army a static chance, ie unrelated to whether he actually fights?

If so, does putting the leader back in the general pool again gets rid of that chance again?

AFAIK your ruler's survival is not connected to whether he leads a stack or not, however, when leading a stack, just like all leaders, your monarch does suffer the random risk of dying in battle.

For every other leader the chance of survival is greatly increased by being in the leader pool, that is, the random risk of dying is greater when the leader is assigned compared to when he is dormant in the pool. Thus, in peacetime I always leave my stacks and fleets leaderless and only assign leaders as needed, in war, when exploring, or when fighting rebels.

I've seen in AI countries a darkened province controlled by rebels. It says, 'Occupied by Catholic Zealots' (for example) but the provincial religion is still Protestant. How does this come to happen?

I've seen in AI countries a darkened province controlled by rebels. It says, 'Occupied by Catholic Zealots' (for example) but the provincial religion is still Protestant. How does this come to happen?

shouldnt happened AFAIK - all religious rebels got forced_conversion on siege_won...
Are you sure they were not owned by HERETICS?

Attrition if your general is leading a stack taking attrition, and the simple fact that generals aren't designed to live very long. The longest I've had a general was about 12 years when I took him off of leading a stack during peace time.

Not perse. You have the base chance to die, (I think there's a greater chance to die just leading a stack) a greater chance to die if the general is leading a stack taking attrition, a greater chance to die if he is in a seige, and an even greater chance to die if he is leading a battle - and the same goes for generals above.

Yes, putting him back in the pool resets him to the base chance to die.

Zealots can only force convert the first province they take over. Further provinces they take over are not converted.

Orange- But I've seen that happen too... In my AAR, zealots force-converted Judea, then moved north to Beirut and force-converted that province too... Maybe this deserves its own thread...

They just die a lot. Sucks, I know.

Thanks

If the CoT is worth 500 ducats and you have 5 merchants there, you get a potential 25% of that which is 125 ducats. This is then modified by your trade efficiency. If that's 40% you get 50 ducats from those 5 merchants a month.

If the CoT is worth 500 ducats and you have 5 merchants there, you get a potential 25% of that which is 125 ducats. This is then modified by your trade efficiency. If that's 40% you get 50 ducats from those 5 merchants a month.

Thank you very much

Heir to the Throne (I'd assume highest patch, but not certain. Purchased through Steam).

Interesting. The zealots not converting provinces after their first seige was a known bug as of IN, and I hadn't had zealots be successful against me since then. Looks like they fixed it.

Although that brings us back to why catholic zealots controlled a Protestant province. Perhaps an event changed it back after they gained control of the province?

Interesting. The zealots not converting provinces after their first seige was a known bug as of IN, and I hadn't had zealots be successful against me since then. Looks like they fixed it.

Although that brings us back to why catholic zealots controlled a Protestant province. Perhaps an event changed it back after they gained control of the province?

That is the only explanation I can imagine. It was in another country at the time, but I will watch for it to happen again and screenshot.

To Maizel: According to the wiki, +1 revolt risk for every province for each point past each limit. Thus if you are over by +2 on Centralization, and +1 on, oh Plutocracy, for example, you would have +3 revolt risk throughout the country.