• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you create cores with spies? I've heard about it but I'm not sure to have seen the option...

And are there other ways to get cores and/or speed up getting cores? (Apart from being lucky to get the random 'Border friction' and so)

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, Narestel. Only another question. What affects a ruler's legitimacy most? I started a war with 97% or so legit. and had to raise war taxes because of cascading alliances. Anyway, ended up maxing out my manpower and when my target made peace, my ruler had 0% legitimacy. WE at something like 3/17, iirc.

How do you create cores with spies? I've heard about it but I'm not sure to have seen the option...

And are there other ways to get cores and/or speed up getting cores? (Apart from being lucky to get the random 'Border friction' and so)

Spies can't create cores, except for very indirectly (Fabricate Claims in HRE or on a country in your culture group, in which case you'll get cores upon inheritance.)

Boundary disputes give you cores, not border friction, but that's the easiest way to get bonus cores. Some missions give them, a few decisions do (unification ones mostly). You can get more boundary disputes by increasing diplomatic skill; another person could confirm this, but the diplo bonus from advisors and spheres of influence SHOULD increase the chances of getting them. I don't think it's based off of raw diplo score.

Would you please help me to understand one thing, how come is that possible my Hesse didn`t get cores on Brunswick after a successful PU (integrate)? I thought I`ll get them after integration - is it because of different culture (but same culture group)?

Would you please help me to understand one thing, how come is that possible my Hesse didn`t get cores on Brunswick after a successful PU (integrate)? I thought I`ll get them after integration - is it because of different culture (but same culture group)?

Integration doesn't give you cores. Only "natural" inheritance does.

Thanks for an answer but what you mean "natural"? After 50 years of being owned?

Once you have a PU every new monarch (regency councils included) has a chance of inheriting the already PU-ed countries - however it is not known what are the exact factors for this to happen, so it can be your very next monarch but also you could have a dozen of them for centuries without any inheritance.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, Narestel. Only another question. What affects a ruler's legitimacy most? I started a war with 97% or so legit. and had to raise war taxes because of cascading alliances. Anyway, ended up maxing out my manpower and when my target made peace, my ruler had 0% legitimacy. WE at something like 3/17, iirc.

Number of royal marriages- +.5/year legitimacy each
Royal palace- +1 legitimacy/year
trade in chinawares- +3? (I think, playing a republic atm :/) /year legitimacy

war exhaustion and being a regency council subtract legitimacy. Regency is -4%/year. WE is a proportional loss

I think prestige also has an effect that scales as a + or - with your value.

Is there a way to see tech group ingame? I'm still trying to find out if vassals I release will share my tech group or not.

I'm playing DW 5.1, but I haven't been able to leave the Holy Roman Empire as Holland or Savoy or Brandenburg, even after I ticked the Emperor off enough to stop me being an elector. This is really annoying as the BB from unlawful territory is killing my chances of forming Germany, the Netherlands or Italy.

Anybody know how a non-elector can leave the empire?

I'm playing DW 5.1, but I haven't been able to leave the Holy Roman Empire as Holland or Savoy or Brandenburg, even after I ticked the Emperor off enough to stop me being an elector. This is really annoying as the BB from unlawful territory is killing my chances of forming Germany, the Netherlands or Italy.

"Leave HRE"? >_>.

Use a Magistrate and remove your capital province from the HRE with the provincial decision.

Open the HRE interface, bottom left is leave HRE button-when you mouse over it it will tell you what happens (you'll lose any unlawful territory you have at the time)

Is there a way to see tech group ingame? I'm still trying to find out if vassals I release will share my tech group or not.
Best you can do in-game is look at the advisor page in the ledger.

When is it a good idea to make a new CoT?

Well, I do it when I need colonists....then I build coastal ones.

EDIT: Also ofc anytime you can steal a lot of trade from a closeby enemy CoT. (Especially if you own most of the land trading to said CoT)