• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Related question though. How does defection with religious rebels work? I tried in a game some time ago to sponsor a lot with religious rebels and they showed up with my flag but they never defected to me.. Sometimes they just broke the country and sometimes they even defected to some other country with my religion. :eek:

sorry i forget u asked about those ones too :)

Religious rebels. Disgruntled fanatics.
- will move to ANY province
- will defect to countries of thier religion
- will defect autmatically after 36 months
- will NOT create independent states

Heretics
- will stick to provinces of same religion
- will defect to the "best" alternative (meaning potentionaly ANY)
- will defect automatically after 120 months
- will NOT create independant countries

there are many more atributes to each rebel type, these seems to be most relevant ;)

Basic sieges

I've invaded an enemy province with an army of 4 inf and 1 cav regiments. We defeat the enemy defenders and besiege the fort, but I need to get some of my guys back to reinforce another province. I press "detach siege" button and it splits my army in two: an army of 2 inf and 1 cav, and another of 2 inf.

Problem is, I can't tell which army is intended to maintain the siege. In other words, what is the minimum force I need to keep a siege going?

I think the minimum force to maintain a siege is 1 soldier? To actually make progress on the sieging, your troops need to outnumber those inside the fort (or be equal to).

Does burning colonies give you infamy? And if so, how much?

That sounds right, though I swear I remember seeing a green 0 at the colonists once. I'll snap a shot if it happens again.

I'm not sure if this was answered. If you don't gain a type of agent (usually spies or colonists) then the numver is green because you are at your "maximum".

I've invaded an enemy province with an army of 4 inf and 1 cav regiments. We defeat the enemy defenders and besiege the fort, but I need to get some of my guys back to reinforce another province. I press "detach siege" button and it splits my army in two: an army of 2 inf and 1 cav, and another of 2 inf.

Problem is, I can't tell which army is intended to maintain the siege. In other words, what is the minimum force I need to keep a siege going?

In order to just maintain the siege you need any sort of army there. In order for the siege to progress you need more infantry there than the enemy garrison. When you click "Detach Siege" it usually leaves 2k infantry behind for a level 1 fort.

Note that if other armies are present and also besieging the province, moving some of your army out or even joinin an army, may make you lose control of the siege. Once the siege is over, the province will then be occupied by the other nation present. To prevent this, never move out or join with the top army in the tooltip of the province under siege.

I'm not sure if this was answered. If you don't gain a type of agent (usually spies or colonists) then the numver is green because you are at your "maximum".

That makes sense. Thank you.

Here's one.

Why can't I demand gold when I demand tribute? (the '+' is grayed out)

At first I thought it was because they didn;t have any gold. But I haven't been able to ask for any money so far, and sometimes my AI allies get money from faction I tried to get money from not a week ago.

A % increase on taxes or production is aplied only on base tax/production or any other bonus are considered too?
For example, a 10% bonus on tax modifies only the base tax of the province or base tax + CoT bonus?

Here's one.

At first I thought it was because they didn;t have any gold. But I haven't been able to ask for any money so far, and sometimes my AI allies get money from faction I tried to get money from not a week ago.

In the beginning of the game, nations are always very poor and you're lucky to get 25 gold from them. How much gold did the other nations get? Perhaps it was just after a new year? Note that AI nations tend to queue up a lot of armies in their unoccupised provinces when at war, even spending ALL their ducats on it. Once they're totally occupied however, they can't spend their ducats.

A % increase on taxes or production is aplied only on base tax/production or any other bonus are considered too?
For example, a 10% bonus on tax modifies only the base tax of the province or base tax + CoT bonus?

I think an image might help to understand it:

tax.png

Tax is base tax + extra tax and then they modified by percentage modifiers as seen above.

Here's one.

Although you can only demand/offer ducats in increments of 25, the AI can demand/offer in increments of 1, so if they have 24 ducats or less you wont be able to demand anything, but the AI will be able to demand/offer ducats for tribute.

For once, i've got an question :)
Is anything changed about gold_type good in DW?
AFAIK it wasnt influenced by demand, production nor trading efficiency and wasnt traded through CoT, only paid straight into treasury based on mine value and pop size....
Later it was only modified by tariff sealane modifier if overseas IIRC

But now i noticed that my CoT displays Gold as trading good, so if thats changed, what else changed about gold?
It implies it contributes to CoT value and thus SHOULD be affected by trading modifiers... (helou TM building?) :)
Anyone knows quick answer? :)

Basic sieges 2

Thanks for all the answers.

This is the situation after I withdrew my guys, leaving two slightly depleted regiments selected by "detach siege". They outnumber the fort a little but I presume they won't make any progress because of lower morale? I eventually sent more troops to reinforce them and finish the siege, but if just those two regiments had stayed there, would the fort ever have broken down? Finally, what does the little red skull in the bottom right signify?

siege.png

Thanks for all the answers.

This is the situation after I withdrew my guys, leaving two slightly depleted regiments selected by "detach siege". They outnumber the fort a little but I presume they won't make any progress because of lower morale? I eventually sent more troops to reinforce them and finish the siege, but if just those two regiments had stayed there, would the fort ever have broken down? Finally, what does the little red skull in the bottom right signify?

siege.png

They would complete the siege eventually, as was already recently written here, and on the provided link to EU3 wiki.... :)
You need to have at least 1000 men per Fort level for siege to continue. Morale doesnt matter while sieging, only if attacking fort.
Red skull at the bottom marks current attrition rate for the besieger in province.
Again, this is link with EXACT formula for sieges and more info.. :)
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Siege

Does burning colonies give you infamy? And if so, how much?

yes. .1 infamy/100 colonists. So a colony with 300 colonists = .3 infamy. Same with seizing, I'm pretty sure.

Is it a waste of money to build a production building on a noncore province with a higher tax then a cored province with a lower tax? Because of the whole noncore provinces, you only get 10% tax from?

Is it a waste of money to build a production building on a noncore province with a higher tax then a cored province with a lower tax? Because of the whole noncore provinces, you only get 10% tax from?

Yes. Build in cored provinces first. After that the Constable still unlocks the next production buildings.