• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see, thanks

thing is, I have cores on some regions that belong to my vassals, who I have royal ties with...our relations are now bad (-50 ish) because of my last attempt at a peaceful annexation, but declaring war to them would still provoke a huge stability drop
Are the vassals your only cores? You don't get the penalty for cores owned by your vassals (just as you will never lose cores that are owned by your vassals).

Worth it to spend mag on "Promote cultural unity" decision?

Not really, there`s no upside and magistrates are better used for cultural tradition, buildings, some other decisions...
I use it rarely in some specific situations, like when I want to remove a reconquest CB that someone has against me, or when I want to release a vassal.

What are the benefits of dynasties, except for a relations boost? Do they increase the chance for random PU-s or inheriting, and what`s the easiest way to expand a dynasty?

EDIT: just realized you can`t remove a core of an existing nation, sry

Last edited:
Not really, there`s no upside and magistrates are better used for cultural tradition, buildings, some other decisions...
I use it rarely in some specific situations, like when I want to remove a reconquest CB that someone has against me, or when I want to release a vassal.

What are the benefits of dynasties, except for a relations boost? Do they increase the chance for random PU-s or inheriting, and what`s the easiest way to expand a dynasty?

There is, indeed, a slightly higher for PUs if they are of your dynasty; I don't know the specific number, but it's not to be sneezed at. You can't exactly control dynasty spread, it's more or less random outside of forcibly imposing PUs.

How much time I have to accept event?

30 days.

Second quick question - I am Scotland and am a senior state in a personal union with Brandenburg. Brandenburg is the "defender of the faith" for reformed. Scotland declares war against a reformed country (Genoa), and Brandenburg defends Genoa rather than keeping its alliance with Scotland. How is this possible?

What happens if it's a multi-choice event and you.. Don't give an answer in 30 days?

The event usually disappears with no effect. This was done to prevent people from "storing" stab bonuses.

Hi - Quick question - Does EU3 just take a long time to load and save (like 15 minutes or more), or is it my computer? Is there a trick to speed it up?

EU3 does have quite a long loading time, but 15 minutes sounds a little too long. I'd say it's your PC.

Second quick question - I am Scotland and am a senior state in a personal union with Brandenburg. Brandenburg is the "defender of the faith" for reformed. Scotland declares war against a reformed country (Genoa), and Brandenburg defends Genoa rather than keeping its alliance with Scotland. How is this possible?

AI ALWAYS honors defensive alliances first.

Hi - Quick question - Does EU3 just take a long time to load and save (like 15 minutes or more), or is it my computer? Is there a trick to speed it up?

On my computers it takes between 1 and 3 minutes, where 3 minutes is on the 8 years old methuselah... I recommend the usual: clean up your disk drive first, then run disk defrag. Make sure the correct mode (auto) is selected in the BIOS for disk access. If all that does not help, you will probably need a new harddisk (they slow down when they come to their life's end).

What happens if it's a multi-choice event and you.. Don't give an answer in 30 days?

It may also select the first option for you. I don't know what determines if it does either, but I've had it screw me over because I didn't pause the game on accident when I left to get something and I ended up like ignoring the demands for westernization or something.

AI ALWAYS honors defensive alliances first.

Thanks, I guess that's the way it is. But that doesn't make sense since I am the king of that country too. Isn't that a glitch then? I mean, when in history would a subject nation war against its king? It's not even a decision that it's allowed to make since it does not have a ruler other than its personal union king. Bizarre. I guess I'll have to integrate the subject nation then create it back as a vassal.

I want to move a country into my PU, I've got the Fabricate Claims ready. There is one problem though - they're in my sphere. I'm the largest nation around, and they're the second largest. There's noone around that's able to match up with them in a war and their only neighbor is a dirt poor OPM, which is also in my sphere. I can't attack the larger nation because of the sphere. I want to subjugate the minor nation as well, since I'm currently doing a world conquest.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can.. Succeed ?

I want to move a country into my PU, I've got the Fabricate Claims ready. There is one problem though - they're in my sphere. I'm the largest nation around, and they're the second largest. There's noone around that's able to match up with them in a war and their only neighbor is a dirt poor OPM, which is also in my sphere. I can't attack the larger nation because of the sphere. I want to subjugate the minor nation as well, since I'm currently doing a world conquest.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can.. Succeed ?

I wasn't aware EU3 prevented you from attacking spherelings. Regardless, the sphere should automatically disappear once the other guy gets powerful enough, relative to you. What's the gap between the two of you in terms of provinces/army size?

So it does nothing if event has 1 option and it chooses 1st option at multichoise events? I don't understand..

The only way to be sure would be to test it; if it's single option, it just takes the single option. If it's multioption, I think it just fades away, but gela could be right and it picks the first option.

I wasn't aware EU3 prevented you from attacking spherelings. Regardless, the sphere should automatically disappear once the other guy gets powerful enough, relative to you. What's the gap between the two of you in terms of provinces/army size?

There's not a chance in the world that the gap between us will shorten. He has around 15 provinces I have... 300+ ? xD
And neither will the army difference tighten

There's not a chance in the world that the gap between us will shorten. He has around 15 provinces I have... 300+ ? xD
And neither will the army difference tighten

Have you actually tried to declare war? I've declared war on a member of my sphere of influence dozens of times and never had any problem with that.

Anyway - to get nations out of you sphere you could try dropping your prestige below -15. That should enable an event where you lose one of the members of your sphere.