• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duskey

Colonel
7 Badges
Apr 4, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
I've seen that this type of thread be a huge success on forums dedicated to other strategy games. The premise is quite simple: Instead of creating a new thread for a small yes/no or "where is...?" question, people can post their question(s) here. This will help keeping the forum more "clean".

Questions such as: "What is the best National Idea?" and that kind deserve their own thread since they're too complex and depend on a number of factors.

When answering a question, please quote the question you're answering. If no one seem to be answering your question, maybe no one knows at the moment, be patient.

To check if your question has already been answered, please use the "Search this thread" function to the right.

If this is successful a sticky from the mods would be nice :)

Last edited:
I'll go first.

What does the green or white color of the agent numbers mean?

Green means you have the maximum 5 of them, white means you have less than 5.

That sounds right, though I swear I remember seeing a green 0 at the colonists once. I'll snap a shot if it happens again.

What means that (kind of) smoke ball around a city?

It means the province was recently looted. This happens automatically as soon as an enemy is in the province. The province will then give less tax and production and stuff for a bit. There's nothing the player can do about it other than to stop enemies from entering your provinces in the first place.

Is it okay to aska question when one is pending?

if so: Is there a way to see at what rate your technologypoints increase?

Yup, ask away. I think it says so if you dedicate all your income to one field of research and then hover your mouse over the slider. It should say something like "368/368" followed by bonus from neighbors and manufactories and such.

Thanks.

Let's keep going xD

Why can't I get any spies, no matter how long I play, and no matter how I move sliders that should give me more spies? I have always 0.22 spies (+0.00/year) for years. I'm Spain, and I've formed an Empire. Thanks

Is it okay to aska question when one is pending?

if so: Is there a way to see at what rate your technologypoints increase?

Mouseover the bar and it tells you the total plus all contributing factors such as neighbor bonus, manufactories, leaders, etc. for that field.

Also, I think the green number has to do with how fast you are gaining the agents not how many you have but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Let's keep going xD

Why can't I get any spies, no matter how long I play, and no matter how I move sliders that should give me more spies? I have always 0.22 spies (+0.00/year) for years. I'm Spain, and I've formed an Empire. Thanks

You need to go Merchantalism, or another thing... which I dont remember.

Thanks.

Let's keep going xD

You get spies from going Mercantilism or Plutocrazy, are you sure you have one these slider settings? In the spy tooltip it should say where the spies are coming from, below the +0.00/year

In Divine Wind, is it possible to add a nation to the HRE if I'm the Emperor? I think I remember you just needed good relations with a nation neighboring a HRE province in HTTT and it would popup as an event.

Last edited:
Just got another one!

(Ok, I admit, I'm competing with Duskey xD )

Why are those number in red?
Edit: I mean the 4000, not the 20 of Legitimacy (Regency Council, bahh)

tempql.jpg

It means you're not getting the "Military Tactics" bonus because you're using too much cavalry. Each technology group has their own ratio of how many cavalry units they can have in an army in order to get the Military Tactics bonus. In the western group your cavalry can't exceed 50%. So if you have an army of 10 units, only 4 of them can be cavalry if you want the bonus. Military Tactics help keep your units alive, meaning you lose less men in battle.

I'm playing Naples and I funded patriots in Corfu (independent from Venice now), but they didn't defect after the siege was over. Is this because my culture is different?

Record Man

Defecting takes time, rebels has t own province for several months, even years to defect /declare indepnedence, only rebel force conversion is immediate AFAIK

Tariffs are based on what?

if you do mouseover over tariff in province screen you will see actual value and modifiers together with short explanation.
BVasicaly, its revenue from colonies, based on trade good & basic tax value, population size (max 1unit no matter actual) and of course by relation of numbers of your combat ships vs number of your colonies(max 100%)
Also patrolled sea modifier counts for coastal provinces :)

When sponsoring Patriot/Nationalist rebels in a province that has the owners, mine & another nations core on it, is the nation the rebels fight for random? Because i've had a few times sponsoring patriots/nationalits on a province with my core & another non-owned core, only for them to fight for another country?