• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hey everyone.

Is there a way to make it so that small French minors - such as Avignon, Foix, Orleans, Brittany, etc. - can't be coughed up by France after their inevitable swallow? It's not like that in WWII Germany proposed the peace deal after the invasion, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. We also want you to release Orleans as its own city-state. Oh, and Foix too."

So, if France diplo-annexes Orleans, is there any way I can mod the game where Orleans cannot rebel or be released in a peace treaty? Same with all other French minors.

You could go into the save file and just delete their core on the provinces. Alternatively an event where the cores are removed if the country doesn't exist would be possible to do.

Is there a way to dismantle the HRE as the Holy Roman Emperor? From what I've read on the forums it seems like there isn't. I've accidentally become Emperor, and I don't think I'll be losing it any time soon - I'm the only major Protestant power, and the electors are either also Protestant or voting for themselves (really, Ansbach?).

This is annoying as it seems to happen in every game with a nation around Central Europe whether I actually want to eventually form HRE or not.

What areas have high manpower provinces?

Capital cities of large kingdoms, and generally large cities (Paris, Vienna, Moscow, Kiev).

The regions with the most manpower seem to be Western Europe, Russian lands, East Asia, Pakistan (surprisingly high) and Anatolia. All of the New World provinces and Africa have terrible or zero manpower.

Mercantilism increases the chances that provinces trade through your CoTs. And things like religion, CoT gravity, etc. Be aware that a province that neighbours a CoT will always trade through that CoT.

An almost sure way to have your provinces through your CoT is an embargo to the owner of the thief CoT. Probably not worth the trouble.

Mercantilism increases the chances that provinces trade through your CoTs. And things like religion, CoT gravity, etc. Be aware that a province that neighbours a CoT will always trade through that CoT.

An almost sure way to have your provinces through your CoT is an embargo to the owner of the thief CoT. Probably not worth the trouble.

While in general a neighboring province will trade through a CoT, it is not always the case.

I'm trying to find the text for the triggered modifiers in the localisation folder, but don't know which excel file it is in. I'm trying to make a triggered modifier for when owning Thrace.

I'm trying to find the text for the triggered modifiers in the localisation folder, but don't know which excel file it is in. I'm trying to make a triggered modifier for when owning Thrace.

Triggered modifiers for EU3 are in the events folder, I believe.

Triggered modifiers for EU3 are in the events folder, I believe.
No.:)
The modifiers themselves are in common\triggered_modifiers.txt of course and the localisations are not in any specific files; any localisation can be in any file in the localisation folder.

No.:)
The modifiers themselves are in common\triggered_modifiers.txt of course and the localisations are not in any specific files; any localisation can be in any file in the localisation folder.

That'll teach me to answer without my home PC in front of me :rolleyes: