• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ur not understanding me, they have a single stack of 77, plus like 3 others of over 20 each, and i already destroyed atleast 5-8 other stacks of around 20 regiments, i still dont think they have enough man power for just so much! btw how can i dismantle the empire?
I understand you perfectly; as I said in my initial post, one of the many bonuses of being the emperor is a huge manpower boost.

fine, but what about the attrition is that another bonus?
No, but are you sure they aren't suffering attrition? With their endless manpower, they might be losing 5% strength to attrition and simply reinforcing the stack back up to full strength every month, and you wouldn't even notice a loss of strength. Also, bear in mind that the level of fortification, tax value and land tech level affect the supply limit in a province, and if it's your home province you get a big bonus as well. So a 77,000 stack sitting in a wealthy, fortified province in Austrian territory could suffer no attrition while the same stack in the poor province next door would get hit badly.

No, but are you sure they aren't suffering attrition? With their endless manpower, they might be losing 5% strength to attrition and simply reinforcing the stack back up to full strength every month, and you wouldn't even notice a loss of strength. Also, bear in mind that the level of fortification, tax value and land tech level affect the supply limit in a province, and if it's your home province you get a big bonus as well. So a 77,000 stack sitting in a wealthy, fortified province in Austrian territory could suffer no attrition while the same stack in the poor province next door would get hit badly.

This. Also, please register your game to get access to the various subforums, including the FAQ forum, where lots of things are already covered.

Everytime I go to the main menu it says I'm not connected to the forums to get achievements. Then I reconnect (button stays yellow) and load a game. Now I'm not sure how these achievements work?! Is there anything special I forgot to do?

What determines how fast colonies in horde land gain people? i see alot of variation int he per province gain/month and i can't figure it out.

should i buy buildings in colonies that suffer the over seas penalty, 90% of my colonies dont give taxes all their money comes from tariffs, so i just dont know if it'd be worth to get buildings to that give higher tax or stuff like that

Everytime I go to the main menu it says I'm not connected to the forums to get achievements. Then I reconnect (button stays yellow) and load a game. Now I'm not sure how these achievements work?! Is there anything special I forgot to do?

Yellow means you are connected, red means you are not.

Edit: Also, for achievements to work the game has to unmodified, no cheats used in that save, and the save needs to only have been played with one country.

I have a question about Noble Republics. Do members of the same family pop up randomly during elections?

For example...Cosimo Medici dies. Can another member of the Medici family eventually rise to become Prince? I know there is really no way to keep a Dynasty for a Noble Republic, but it would be interesting to have a Medici Dynasty eventually (maybe switch to a Monarchy or something).

I would say yes. I wouldn't see why not unless a huge shift in power occurred...

should i buy buildings in colonies that suffer the over seas penalty, 90% of my colonies dont give taxes all their money comes from tariffs, so i just dont know if it'd be worth to get buildings to that give higher tax or stuff like that
Build the entire trade line. Probably not worth bothering with any of the others (apart from a Fort 1).

A PU breaks when any of:

* The lesser partner in the union declares war on the union leader (note that if the lesser ends up at war with the major via a call to arms, such as thanks to a guarantee or SoI, the union won't break).

* The major partner's king dies and their prestige is less than 0.

* The major partner's king dies and their relations with the lesser partner are less than 0.

So in your case insulting to -200 is probably the best option.

Hey guys, I think I already know the answer to my own question, but I want it to be confirmed, just in case.

Currently I'm Flanders in the latest version of Miscmods (if that applies). I fully intend on becoming the Netherlands fairly soon and I'm aware that they have a slightly different version of the East India Company decision. So my question is, is there a difference between those decisions besides the name change?

A PU breaks when any of:

* The lesser partner in the union declares war on the union leader (note that if the lesser ends up at war with the major via a call to arms, such as thanks to a guarantee or SoI, the union won't break).

* The major partner's king dies and their prestige is less than 0.

* The major partner's king dies and their relations with the lesser partner are less than 0.

So in your case insulting to -200 is probably the best option.

The other way PUs break is if the ruler is Excommunicated.

Is there a quick and easy way to change your country into another country? lol?

For my next game I plan on playing Navara and migrating asap to america... Just want to know if when I do can I change the name and flag of my country to USA lol?

Is there a quick and easy way to change your country into another country? lol?

For my next game I plan on playing Navara and migrating asap to america... Just want to know if when I do can I change the name and flag of my country to USA lol?

Open the save file in a text editor, and 'replace all' occurences of "USA" by "XYZ", then change "NAV" to "USA", and "XYZ" to "NAV". Save. Boom, they're swapped!

I'd use Notepad++, and check 'Match whole word only' to be sure I don't accidentally change naval to usaal or something. Shouldn't take more than like 10 seconds.

Or you could use the 'Form USA' decision from my Always War mod :p