• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, it is around 1,5% or 3% i don't remember...
Land is 3% and naval varies by ship type (as of v5.1). These are set in defines.txt .

i just had a war during ehich rebels have spawned and won[im not sure what kind] and now my tolerence for catholic got lower cuz of "heretic country" but im still catholic and all my provinces are catholic and that thing give me a +3 revolt risk in every province and damage their growth, also i have "policy ristriction" giving me a +5% revolt risk everywhere

what happened? is it a bug?

EDIT: its was socinian heretics! just remembered

Heir to the throne question.

How do I go to war without asking my allies to come with me (because that would end up the alliance breaking up).

My king just now has an admin of 6, which is supposed to reduce war exhaustion by -0.1 a month, but war exhaustion has stayed at 19.27% for several years. I've tried quitting and reloading the game, but it still refuses to drop. Any suggestions?

Also, generally speaking, outside of methods to reduce revolt risk altogether, are there any mechanics in the game for reducing war exhaustion?

i just had a war during ehich rebels have spawned and won[im not sure what kind] and now my tolerence for catholic got lower cuz of "heretic country" but im still catholic and all my provinces are catholic and that thing give me a +3 revolt risk in every province and damage their growth, also i have "policy ristriction" giving me a +5% revolt risk everywhere

what happened? is it a bug?

EDIT: its was socinian heretics! just remembered

I don't know about the heretic country, but policy restrictions is something you get when moving sliders further in one direction than your goverment form allows. If the limit is for example -1 centralization, you will get +4 revolt risk when having -5. This is avoided by changing back sliders or changing the form of goverment.

My king just now has an admin of 6, which is supposed to reduce war exhaustion by -0.1 a month, but war exhaustion has stayed at 19.27% for several years. I've tried quitting and reloading the game, but it still refuses to drop. Any suggestions?

Also, generally speaking, outside of methods to reduce revolt risk altogether, are there any mechanics in the game for reducing war exhaustion?

Are you at war? Do you have war taxes? Do you have any armies suffering attrition? (Keep in mind that the army can not lose men but still take attrition because it is reinforcing as fast as it is losing men.)

Are you at war? Do you have army in forgein province? If you are at war, your WE reduce slower, if you got war taxes your WE increases. Any army taking attrition gives you war exhaustion, no matter, you are at war, or at peace. Also battles give you additional WE.

Generaly speaking, only waiting, and being at peace. You may only reduce maximal war exhaustion, by having certain sliders at certain positions, and russia got decision which reduces it by 5. Also there are events which decrease war exhaustion, but don't count on them too much. Keep your armies in provinces they don't get atrition, and you will not get atrition.

Are you at war? Do you have army in forgein province? If you are at war, your WE reduce slower, if you got war taxes your WE increases. Any army taking attrition gives you war exhaustion, no matter, you are at war, or at peace. Also battles give you additional WE.

Generaly speaking, only waiting, and being at peace. You may only reduce maximal war exhaustion, by having certain sliders at certain positions, and russia got decision which reduces it by 5. Also there are events which decrease war exhaustion, but don't count on them too much. Keep your armies in provinces they don't get atrition, and you will not get atrition.

I've been at peace for nearly 5 years. I have never in the game yet taken war taxes. Maybe some of my troops are reinforcing, could that be it?

Well, check if any of your armies are aquiring atrition. This is mostly the case in such matter.

EDIT: Also, DO take war taxes. War taxes are too good NOT to take them. Only NOT take them if your WE is growing to high. If your WE is maxed out, you can take them, as it will not make much difference, and when your WE is low, it will not cause much damage. War taxes gives you great boost to your economy, and increase tech. Also, allows you to gain more money without inflation, and support bigger armies at war.

I've been at peace for nearly 5 years. I have never in the game yet taken war taxes. Maybe some of my troops are reinforcing, could that be it?

Chances are you have armies taking attrition. If you look at an army, it should have a number in the top right that's red, green, or white. If it's red, it's losing more troops to attrition than it reinforces each month. If it's green, it's gaining at least as many men to reinforcements as it loses each month but is still taking attrition. You should split up your armies (put them in multiple provinces) to avoid taking attrition while at peace.

Chances are you have armies taking attrition. If you look at an army, it should have a number in the top right that's red, green, or white. If it's red, it's losing more troops to attrition than it reinforces each month. If it's green, it's gaining at least as many men to reinforcements as it loses each month but is still taking attrition. You should split up your armies (put them in multiple provinces) to avoid taking attrition while at peace.

Yeah, that was it, I left an army in enemy territory and forgot about it ... brought it back home WE instantly started dropping. Ouch, that's some bad administration on my part.

Thanks for help all.

Any suggestions on how to reduce WE generally?

there's not much you can do about it - apart from event-created province modifiers ("veteran's home" or something like that being the ultimate one) and standard events only the admin skill of your ruler lowers it.

EDIT: ah yes, being Defender of the Faith also reduces it!

Heir to the throne question.

How do I go to war without asking my allies to come with me (because that would end up the alliance breaking up).
You don't. Prior to Divine Wind allies are always called (with a few exceptions; e.g. American native allies normally don't join in wars against Europeans).

I'm playing the 5.2 beta patch as Denmark and I lead a PU with Sweden.I have a bigger army than Sweden and a bigger navy yet they still insult me? Is there something else which could lead to them to insult me?

Divine Wind 5.2 Beta.

Does production efficiency increase tariffs? I built a dock in gold province, yet tariff in said province remains unchanged. If I remember correctly, production efficiency used to increase tariffs. Has that changed? Or was it never like that? (Haven't played in a while)