• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I attacked The Manluks but the warning still stands. Do I have to attack someone at which it says that Austria could interfere, but doesn't (like France or Portugal)?
Yes. A warning only applies in respect of wars against countries that have a border with the country that warned you.

Two questions:

1) What would happen if I conquer the Papal States? Would the Pope be still elected just like if I didn't own the Papal States (so I'm not able to influence anything regarding religion) or would I be able to "destroy the catholic influence" of the Pope and/or do as I will with Pope/cardinal elections, decisions of the Pope, etc?

2) When I see the possible "excuses" to declare war on another country, I see they have different modifiers on the costs, like:

0% Infamy, 125% Prestige, 50% Cost for full annexation ==> What does each part mean? Does 0% Infamy mean that I will get no infamy at all for fully annexing the country? 125% Prestige would mean that I would receive over a 25% more of prestige for doing this action, I guess... And what does the "cost" mean? I have no clue on this last one.

Thanks in advance!

1) Generally after the papacy gets annexed a Catholic theocracy or monastic state becomes the new papacy. It's often Riga, and historically the Pope moved to Avignon for a while.

2) You would receive zero infamy for full annexation. What "cost" means, I don't know.

Two questions:

1) What would happen if I conquer the Papal States? Would the Pope be still elected just like if I didn't own the Papal States (so I'm not able to influence anything regarding religion) or would I be able to "destroy the catholic influence" of the Pope and/or do as I will with Pope/cardinal elections, decisions of the Pope, etc?

2) When I see the possible "excuses" to declare war on another country, I see they have different modifiers on the costs, like:

0% Infamy, 125% Prestige, 50% Cost for full annexation ==> What does each part mean? Does 0% Infamy mean that I will get no infamy at all for fully annexing the country? 125% Prestige would mean that I would receive over a 25% more of prestige for doing this action, I guess... And what does the "cost" mean? I have no clue on this last one.

Thanks in advance!

The first, prestige, is easy to understand as it gives you more, or less prestige from the things listed.
The second, infamy cost is just like prestige but with infamy
The third is the warscore cost of the actions listed, so for example 50% for all provinces means that you can get two times more provinces from a single peace deal(also you may need less wars to annex a country)

An important thing, many CBs have the "Full annexation" thing, don't get fooled by it, if you have conquest CB for some provinces you won't get the benefits of the CB for annexing the entire country, unless the entire country is just those provinces (and that's the reason why they put it i think)

1) Generally after the papacy gets annexed a Catholic theocracy or monastic state becomes the new papacy. It's often Riga, and historically the Pope moved to Avignon for a while.

2) You would receive zero infamy for full annexation. What "cost" means, I don't know.

"Cost" is what the targeted province/s costs in a peace deal.
So if a province costs 10% it will cost 5% with a CB that says 50% cost

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

you'll get no infamy at all if all the provinces are cored ... if you annex a two province minor with only one core you will take infamy , and more with each uncored province

"Cost" is what the targeted province/s costs in a peace deal.
So if a province costs 10% it will cost 5% with a CB that says 50% cost

This mechanic is mainly used for vassalization and union creating. Vassalizing someone is very, very difficult with a Subjugation CB, since it's like 140% Cost or something like that.

This mechanic is mainly used for vassalization and union creating. Vassalizing someone is very, very difficult with a Subjugation CB, since it's like 140% Cost or something like that.
On the contrary, vassalization with a Subjugation CB is easier (50% cost) as well as attracting zero infamy and giving double prestige.

The two "dubious" personal union CBs (Claim On Throne and Obscure Documents), on the other hand, do indeed have cost factors greater than 100% (140% and 150% respectively).

Is there any point to upgrading your transport ships? Really?
They're slightly better in combat, but transports are bad enough in combat that you're probably better off not bothering. Maybe if you're still using cogs when you hit East Indiamen you may want to think about it, but other than that don't worry about it.

They dont increase their carrying capacity or anything?
Just hull strength and number of cannons, but they still suck in combat (East Indiamen can hold their own against Carracks, but nobody is using Carracks for a few hundred years before you get East Indiamen so it's a moot point), and odds are you'll always want to have some ships for short-range transport so you can just leave your cogs for European use while you use new ships for longer journeys.