• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Isn't it just a normal war declaration? So -2 without a CB, -1 with a royal marriage, etc.

No, there's a button "cancel vassalisation" and in the descrtopition it says "our country will be destablized"

im playing cherokee, i've westernized to muslim tech (granada had a colony near me) i have the westernize option again and it says i can change to oriental tech? GB is next to me why can i not westernize to latin tech? do i need to go to oriental tech to have the western tech option? P.S. I've also changed noble republic.

Does Land of Opportunity effect Steppe Horde Colonization?

No idea! Maybe I will test this.

What's the general strategy to get another nation to back you as becoming emperor?

Vassalize them. Instant +250 bonus to chance to vote if you are the same religion. You also get bonuses for relation, royal marriages, and being of the same culture group.

What's the general strategy to get another nation to back you as becoming emperor?

If you mouse over them you can get details of who they're voting for and why. Legitimacy at 100, being a large member of the HRE, relations at 200, high prestige and NOT being a heretic will get you a spot with a lot of electors as long as the current emperor isn't that strong. (Imperial authority grants election bonuses)

Does Land of Opportunity effect Steppe Horde Colonization?

It does but as colonists count for twice as much in horde provinces I find it better to just spam them.

New player here.
What do the red arrows represent on the colonial map?

New player here.

Trade Winds: you ships will have an increased movement speed in the direction of the arrows (and a decreased going against them).

New player here.

To add to Safferli's comment, your colonial range goes further when it follows the red arrows and is smaller when the red arrows fight against it. This is so the Iberians colonize South America first instead of grabbing Canada.

This is so the Iberians colonize South America first instead of grabbing Canada.
Though this doesn't always work, Portugal or Castille usually just annexes Creek & co. and absorbs all of North America from there once those provinces core.

But that's not in the scope of the question, so derp.

Though this doesn't always work, Portugal or Castille usually just annexes Creek & co. and absorbs all of North America from there once those provinces core.

But that's not in the scope of the question, so derp.

I as a player often sail around to Oman or Yemen or thereabouts. It seems easier to just grab a few provinces then to wait for the Gold coast and Cape to core and move slowly and historically.

I'm playing Heir to the Throne. The menu interface is invisible and I can't see icons/images of religions in provinces. I'm playing with Magna Mundi submod. I know there was a solution before, but I forgot what it is!

I have a personal union with Portugal. Portugal has explored further than me. Will the areas explored by Portugal become visible to me once I inherit them, or do I have to wait like the rest of my tech group?

I just tried running the game without the mod and this issue is no longer present. I guess I should ask the Magna Mundi players then. If anyone knows a solution, please do not hesitate to share it here, though.

They will certainly become visible Yakyou. Together with any neighboring sea provinces.