• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Divine Wind 5.2 Beta.

Does production efficiency increase tariffs? I built a dock in gold province, yet tariff in said province remains unchanged. If I remember correctly, production efficiency used to increase tariffs. Has that changed? Or was it never like that? (Haven't played in a while)

as far is I know gold income does not count as 'production' (it is kind of independent resource - it is not traded as well) so production buildings don't have any effect on gold provinces.

Divine Wind 5.2 Beta.

Does production efficiency increase tariffs? I built a dock in gold province, yet tariff in said province remains unchanged. If I remember correctly, production efficiency used to increase tariffs. Has that changed? Or was it never like that? (Haven't played in a while)
Production effiency does increae tariffs.

Is there anyway to end a PU between two nations? To make it clear: I (A) want to terminate or end a Personal Union between B and C.

If the nation leading the PU has negative relations with the PU partner, or negative prestige, the PU will end on monarch death. Making them have negative prestige is a bit easier. Just beat them badly in a war.

It doesn't end when lower than the lesser PU partner. It ends when it's negative.

I need to take that last province in Greece to complete the mission conquer southern Greece. However the Byzantines (-87 prestige) are in a PU with Castille (54 prestige).

by the way is there bug in EU3 considering provinces names, become I changed some provinces names but it doesn't shows them on the map after reloading.

Last edited:
View attachment 54028

I need to take that last province in Greece to complete the mission conquer southern Greece. However the Byzantines (-87 prestige) are in a PU with Castille (54 prestige).

by the way is there bug in EU3 considering provinces names, become I changed some provinces names but it doesn't shows them on the map after reloading.

A PU lead by a Castille of that size would be fairly difficult to end. You'd probably want to go to war with them anyway (which I'm guessing would defeat the purpose, because you want land of the lesser PU partner).

Well solution is easy, just kill of castille, and force them to give you last byzantium province.

Thats the problem. I had some luck that England/Portugal were fighting Castille, so I declared war on Castille too. Castille was so busy fighting Portugal and England that I could sweep everything that Castille owned in Northern Africa and Sardinia/Baleares. However when I decided to make peace with them, they wouldnt give me that province of Byzantine. Then the French joined the party by invading from the north and still they didnt gave me that province while I had 26% warscore.

Is a Royal Marriage cancelled upon death of one of the rulers?

I noticed a lot of those marriages have disappeared without notice.

Yes. You have to constantly reestablish royal marriages (except for PUs).

Relations with them have to be above 100. It tends to be sped up by good relations, high trust and high prestige while being at war seems to affect it negatively, though it's not certain how.
I've had +190 relations for maybe 150 out of 170 years, permanent 100 prestige (unifying the HRE does some silly things), but they're only at the "uphold our bargains" level of trust :/

I've had +190 relations for maybe 150 out of 170 years, permanent 100 prestige (unifying the HRE does some silly things), but they're only at the "uphold our bargains" level of trust :/

Kill some rebels on their territory; a cheap and easy way to build up trust.

If I enact staple port decision in Calais as England and then form France, will I still have the staple port active?