• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have 1 question about culture:
The only problem is that appeared a message telling me that greek culture was no longer accepted (a lot of provinces with greek culture) and that lombard culture was now accepted (only verona and venice provinces!!!).

That's because Greek is now your primary culture. Same effect as accepted. But you'll never lose this tolerance.

Hello. i play as England and my mission is to conquer Ireland. The first two years i conquered one of the independant states of Ireland , yet after around 8-10 years England accept truce with that state and now it is independant again. Every time i play that part it happens the same. So my question is :
1.Why does this happen?
2.What is needed to conquer a foreign state or province and become part of my country, not just oqqupate it ?
3.What is the procedure to send missionaries and collonists?
Thank you in advance.

1. You have not annexed them ("Sue for peace > annex"). Thus the war went on. After ten years of no hostilities, an automatic white peace (everybody back to where they started) is enforced.
2. Annex it.
3. For colonists, just click on the empty province and select "send colonist". You need to discover the provinces before. For this you need an explorer, which requires to have the national idea "Quest for the new world", which becomes available once you researched trade tech level 7. You need appropriate "colonial range" as well, so depending on naval tech, your ability to colonise is a bit limited in range at the beginning.
For missionaries, click on the button "send missionary" in the province screen. It is next to the icon of the religion. You will only need missionaries for provinces you conquered from pagans or other religions; your colonies share your religion from start.

You say ANNEX IT. But how? Can i do it?
It is a bit unlogical (like pressing "start" when you want to shut down Windows), but as I wrote above: chose the topmost item in the list when you have clicked on the occupied province. It says something like "Sue for peace" or "Negociate peace" (I do not know exactly, because I use a different language version). The next menu that appears will give you four options, again the topmost being the one you're after ("Annex"). This works when you have completely occupied an enemy country and it has less than 3 provinces, which is the case for the Irish minors.

Quick question. If you cancel a mission will it come back later? For ex. playing BYZ and I get the conquer southern Italy. Well at the start that is very hard to do so I would like to cancel that one so I get the conquer Asia minor one (almost there). Thanks.

Quick question. If you cancel a mission will it come back later? For ex. playing BYZ and I get the conquer southern Italy. Well at the start that is very hard to do so I would like to cancel that one so I get the conquer Asia minor one (almost there). Thanks.

Depends on the mission; some are set only to appear at some times, like some of the English missions. In your case, however, it might come back if you cancel it, although there's no guarantee as to when that might happen.

For your current mission it should be easily getting back. Since it's a national mission and it doesn't have a time limit.

Is there a beta patch now? (Johans link)

because I can't access that forum
Yes, it's in its own subforum under the tech support forum.
EDIT: Now under the general forum instead of tech support.
EDIT2: And now back in tech support?

Last edited:
Btw

Aztec and Inca are both tribal democracies...but why do I get that if my ruler isn't over 6-7 in a stat I get negative things effecting me.

Is it size in provinces? (Like incapable ruler)

Can't see it in general forum...?
Then it's probably hidden from you just like the bug/support forums. You need to ask the forum admin to remove the probation or just wait for the patch to be official. I wouldn't be in too much of a rush; many people seem to be unable to get the beta to run right now.

So...

I'm attempting to do a bunch of achievements at the same time with Spain. I've got a couple down so far, but I may have hit one problem : I just discovered the Americas and was planning on doing the one where you completely wipe out the Aztecs and Incas...

There's one snag : Instead of the Aztecs, I find the Mayas o_O It seems they were already wiped out by them. Is this achievement hopeless for this game or will it count the Mayas as the "Aztecs"?

-edit-
Woops should have searched first! Found this thread with my answer: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Achievement.&highlight=achievement+aztec+inca

Seems it's still doable ^-^

If I intend to go overseas ti it worthy to wait for east indian company or should I do it immediately? (
I think doing so immediately would help me , but i'll miss on a modifier afterwards :( that's 50+ years of staying in Europe