• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thrace is a bit far for TO ;).

Defend against Denmark. One winning war should be enough to make them relenquish their core.
Annex Pommerania when the Emperor is busy elsewhere (France/Hungary/Austra are great distractions for Bohemia)
Avoid War with Poland/Lithuenia unless the GH is trampling them hard.
If all else fails invade Russia. An alliance with Muscow will crush Novgorod. Release Finland as a buffer against Sweden and encircle and annex Novgorod capital for a Juicy COT.

Is possible, as Algeris, survive the Spainish?

I try three time this week.
Now i'm playing Mamluks but i'm seeing that my times is running low another time.

Help, please....

Good tip: Release Gotland as a vassal. EVERYONE will war you over it otherwise sooner or later.

Good tip: Release Gotland as a vassal. EVERYONE will war you over it otherwise sooner or later.
They'll war Gotland over it (and thus drag you in) too.

I'm not talking about Gotland , more about pommerania and such , having 7k max Mp , and about 7k to refill my troops ...
there is no way I can face Bohemia too like this

Does the counter reformation religious decision last the entire game?
No. It goes away sometime in the first half of the 17th century.

What is Paradox script called? Just "Paradox Script" or is it similar to, or based on, an existing scripting language? Curious...

Here's two quick questions:

http://i.imgur.com/OTx6P.jpg

A) How did I lose this battle?
B) I'm assuming the "WE" stands for War Exhaustion and the "T" stands for Terrain bonus/malus, but what does P stand for and does it have anything to do with me losing battles that I shouldn't?
B) T is for tradition, either naval or land. P is for prestige.

A) Did you have loser, obsolete unit types against some modern crack troops? Clubmen vs. riflemen for instance ;-) Land maintenance low? Lousy morale?

B) T is for tradition, either naval or land. P is for prestige.
A) Did you have loser, obsolete unit types against some modern crack troops? Clubmen vs. riflemen for instance ;-) Land maintenance low? Lousy morale?

Most of that army are Landsknechten Infantry from a handful of european provinces that I took over. Well above my current tech level/tech group. The ottoman empire has land technology of level 10, so I should have superior troops. Thanks for the quick reply, I really have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Land maintenance is as high as the slider goes. I also have a 4 Star adviser giving bonus morale to armies (I think it's .20?) and all of the four armies were just chilling in my land before this battle, so their morale was/should have been maxed out.

Most of that army are Landsknechten Infantry from a handful of european provinces that I took over. Well above my current tech level/tech group. The ottoman empire has land technology of level 10, so I should have superior troops. Thanks for the quick reply, I really have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Land maintenance is as high as the slider goes. I also have a 4 Star adviser giving bonus morale to armies (I think it's .20?) and all of the four armies were just chilling in my land before this battle, so their morale was/should have been maxed out.
Terrain maybe? Did you cross a river? Just guessing now, really.

Terrain maybe? Did you cross a river? Just guessing now, really.

I was defending.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that my current ruler has a military skill of 3. But I can't believe it would make me lose battles when I outnumber my opponents by that much with superior troops. I really have no idea what to do with this. Ottomans are scary enough as they are, but now even when I have 3 times the troops I still lose.

How did I lose this battle?
What's your own land tech? You may be using Western troops (Landsknechten are Land 13), but your actual tech level determines the modifiers you use. For example, at Land 7 the Cavalry Shock modifier is x 1.0, at Land 10 it's x 1.4 - in other words, Ottoman cavalry will be 40% better than yours if your tech is only 7. Using better units only partly cancels that out.

Your ruler's MIL rating gives a bonus of 10% of its value to morale: so your MIL 3 guy is giving you +0.3 morale. If the Ottoman Sultan has MIL 8, for instance, he's giving his troops +0.8. Also, does he have the military drill NI? Is he Defender of the Faith? Both of those give a big morale bonus (+1.0 and +0.5 respectively).

Plus, don't forget there's an element of chance in every battle. You each roll a random number from 1 - 10, and add your bonuses to this to determine how much damage you do each day. If you roll 1, 3, 2 and the Ottomans roll 8, 9, 9 then they're going to win no matter how good your troops are. If that happens, you just have to suck it up and try again next battle. Even Napoleon lost sometimes.

What's your own land tech? You may be using Western troops (Landsknechten are Land 13), but your actual tech level determines the modifiers you use. For example, at Land 7 the Cavalry Shock modifier is x 1.0, at Land 10 it's x 1.4 - in other words, Ottoman cavalry will be 40% better than yours if your tech is only 7. Using better units only partly cancels that out.

Your ruler's MIL rating gives a bonus of 10% of its value to morale: so your MIL 3 guy is giving you +0.3 morale. If the Ottoman Sultan has MIL 8, for instance, he's giving his troops +0.8. Also, does he have the military drill NI? Is he Defender of the Faith? Both of those give a big morale bonus (+1.0 and +0.5 respectively).

Plus, don't forget there's an element of chance in every battle. You each roll a random number from 1 - 10, and add your bonuses to this to determine how much damage you do each day. If you roll 1, 3, 2 and the Ottomans roll 8, 9, 9 then they're going to win no matter how good your troops are. If that happens, you just have to suck it up and try again next battle. Even Napoleon lost sometimes.

I have land tech 11, same as my opponent. Ottoman empire has the national ideas of Grand Army (+33% force limit) and National Conscripts (+50% manpower). He has no advisers that would give his military a bonus. They are not defenders of the faith. I know that the combat has a random element to it, but this does not appear to be the case. My opponent's troops constantly outperform my own (durring a previous war I had to leave 3000 armies of infantry per sieges because his newly recruited 1000 would destroy my 2000 or less) even when outnumbered 2 to 1 they seem to win more often than lose.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm open to any suggestions. I'll try to change my advisers to military and pick up defender of the faith and see if it helps my armies.

EDIT: Whoops! Turns out my current leader has a military skill of 7, and my previous one had a military skill of 3.