• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whats the fastest way to join the HRE when you grew to big? I did not know about the AI denying any request if you are too big compared to the emperor. That's why I thought I can go like

1. form Prussia
2. form Germany
3. join HRE
4. form HRE

now its like 1475, I'm still TO and I'm 4 provinces bigger than Bohemia. Any suggestions how to join the HRE the quickest way?

@Ksyi
Once you have formed Prussia (and hence have a monarch), you can become emporer yourself, even without joining the HRE. As emporer, you can join the empire without problems. The electors probably won't want to vote for you as an outsider, but if you vassalize them, they will.

@Ksyi
Every christian monarch is eligible to be voted for. Becoming the emporer doesn't mean you are now a member of the HRE, but it means you can join your provinces adjacent to HRE provinces without anyone stopping you. Once your capital is part of the HRE, you are a HRE member.

Speaking of vassalizing the electors: Does it just add a flat 200 "points" bonus to who gets their vote or does it affect other things too, like overwrite having the wrong religion and such? I'm under the impression it does, since 200 points aren't that much yet they still tend to vote for me.

Speaking of vassalizing the electors: Does it just add a flat 200 "points" bonus to who gets their vote or does it affect other things too, like overwrite having the wrong religion and such? I'm under the impression it does, since 200 points aren't that much yet they still tend to vote for me.

Yep, vassals will in fact vote for heretics. Also, if they joined you in wars against your main adversaries, they will tend to have -200 relations with the other candidates, massively increasing your advantage.

Quick Question: When you own a province without a core you gain only a small percentage of the taxes, 10% or something; is this correct? When the provinces become core provinces, what tax is then affected? I had +/- 15 provinces that become core and my anual income only went up with 15 ducats a year. Thing is, though, all these provinces were overseas - in North America - is it just that these provinces contribute far less tax-wise?

eu3map ex.jpg Um how do you get pictures like these where the map is scanned like that? Sorry if this was already asked, but I don't feel like going through 343 pages looking for the solution. Thanks. I found these pictures here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?564602-Post-Your-Death-and-Taxes-Empire-Here

What does Enact Settlement Policy do? And what are the benefits of converting provinces to religion of your own?

When you diplo-annex provinces without having core in them, do you get to keep the existing buildings in them? Is there any way to find out the age and stat of AI's rulers/generals/heirs and infamy and other important info about AI's countries without using a spy...

When applying modifiers to monthly income, do the multiply or add? For example, a province has a non-accepted culture (-30%) and a different religion (-30% again). Does this end up being -60% (i.e. 0.4 * base tax) or -51% (0.7 * 0.7 * base tax)? If the former, I presume it doesn't go below zero?

What does Enact Settlement Policy do?
Change the province's culture to yours.
And what are the benefits of converting provinces to religion of your own?
More income and manpower, less revolt risk.

When you diplo-annex provinces without having core in them, do you get to keep the existing buildings in them?
Not in unmodded DW, no.
Is there any way to find out the age and stat of AI's rulers/generals/heirs and infamy and other important info about AI's countries without using a spy...
* Rulers: Yes, hover mouse of ruler's name
*Generals: Yes, there's a ledger page for it
* Heirs: I think no
* Infamy: Yes, hover mouse over the describing line ("They have a tarnished reputation" etc)

When applying modifiers to monthly income, do the multiply or add?
Add.
For example, a province has a non-accepted culture (-30%) and a different religion (-30% again). Does this end up being -60% (i.e. 0.4 * base tax) or -51% (0.7 * 0.7 * base tax)? If the former, I presume it doesn't go below zero?
-60%, and correct.