• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Argh! This has to be a highly-requested feature, right? It's hard to keep track of military stacks in a big war.

Name them something distinctive, as OrangeYoshi said. I tend to use a combination of the army outliner and naming them after constituent parts of my country. In a small country, provinces; in a WC game, usually after nations that are now part of my nation, similar to the way the second and third armies of England are named after Scotland and Ireland. Sticking with 1st Army, etc. will make you lose track a lot faster than remembering that the Army of Burgundy is the one sieging Tirol.

"they surrender. But I don't get the province, even though ..."

I once tried to rotate out the troops that were sieging a province. My troops were there first, but an ally arrived soon after. I then replaced the initial regiments - which were at full strength - with ones that had suffered significant losses. With my ally's troops also present, the siege would not be prolonged by lower manpower. I made certain that I had my troops in the province at all times, but I lost control of the siege as soon as those initial troops were given a new destination. So not only does it matter whose regiments begin the siege, it also matters *which* specific regiments conduct the siege.

Aah that explains why Portugal got the Irish city instead of me in my English campaign. I accidentely did the same thing. Anyway I'm wondering how I can take that city back now. I attacked it, but I can't annex. And they won't give it to me in a peace deal. So I end up with a stipped area. Does this mean I have to attack Portugal on the mainland until they are battered enough to give me the region? Because I don't want to do that. I just want that Irish area.

Aah that explains why Portugal got the Irish city instead of me in my English campaign. I accidentely did the same thing. Anyway I'm wondering how I can take that city back now. I attacked it, but I can't annex. And they won't give it to me in a peace deal. So I end up with a stipped area. Does this mean I have to attack Portugal on the mainland until they are battered enough to give me the region? Because I don't want to do that. I just want that Irish area.

More than likely yes, you could try blockading them if your advanced far enough in Naval tech. That or you could try and sit it out until the province defected to you, although that could take quite a while!

in EU3 Complete, what are the requirements for the Create Vassal button to be clickable? It seems like War and/or Reputation prevents you. Do you need to control all cores to Create a Vassal?

In order to have a country Release a Nation must it control all Cores of that country? Is there a way to see all the cores belonging to a Country - instead of clicking on every province?

Can anyone explain the "protect against.." mission to me? Because I think I must be doing something wrong. They want me to have a bigger army than France (playing as England) and I have because France lost a lot of troops in some war. But the mission is not accomplished. Why is that?

RJA - it isn't the total number of soldiers at any given time, it is based on the total number of regiments. Big AI countries like France will move around stacks of armies, some of which will be 0/0/0 - no surviving troops in that army group, but the regiments somehow still exist. Since it's France, there should come a time when it gets some army groups (and their regiments) destroyed.
I generally cancel the "protect against" missions, unless the countries are much smaller than France.

RJA - it isn't the total number of soldiers at any given time, it is based on the total number of regiments. Big AI countries like France will move around stacks of armies, some of which will be 0/0/0 - no surviving troops in that army group, but the regiments somehow still exist. Since it's France, there should come a time when it gets some army groups (and their regiments) destroyed.
I generally cancel the "protect against" missions, unless the countries are much smaller than France.

Aah okay thanks. I knew it had to be something simple. I cancelled the mission, but I got a new one. Incorporate Scotland into my economy. I have to gain a core on Lothian by diplo-annexing. But I only recently vassalized them, so I can't annex right? What to do then? The annoying thing is that 10 minutes before that happened I had a border dispute event where I could gain a core on Lothian in exchange for a relationdrop. I didn't want that so I chose the other option. I wished I didn't. :)

How is "dominant culture" determined? Is it the culture in your nation with the most provinces, or does it specifically have to be over 50%?

Say I'm Bihar and I've got three Bihari provinces, three Nepali provinces, and four Avadhi provinces. Could I do a culture shift to Avadhi, if I met the other requirements?

How is "dominant culture" determined? Is it the culture in your nation with the most provinces, or does it specifically have to be over 50%?

Say I'm Bihar and I've got three Bihari provinces, three Nepali provinces, and four Avadhi provinces. Could I do a culture shift to Avadhi, if I met the other requirements?

I beleive its just straight # of provinces w/ that culture, to be dominant it needs to be >50%. I think you'd need 2 more Avadhi(or lose a nepali or two) to make it avalaible.

How often(if ever) does the AI cancel/fail a mission? Playing Ireland(from Connacht) and England has the "conquer Ireland" mission and it could get real old.

The culture of your capital at the start of the game. You can change this culture by switching your capital, having a majority of your provinces be that new culture, and taking the national decision.

My Production Income nationwide is very low - I have lots of Overseas Provinces but my Tariffs are high. Do the Production Modifiers affect my Tariffs - since Production is converted to Tariffs? I have an event in which I have to choose one category to reduce tech rate by 20%.