• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm currently playing a game as a HRE country and I have a small problem. Basically, my vassals (there are a lot of them) have a bad habit of getting their armies stuck in places other than their own land (usually in the provinces of my other vassals); this is an issue because sometimes they can't join in on wars and they can't really take care of any rebels that might pop up on their lands either.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Apart from linking all my vassals together, I mean.

I'm currently playing a game as a HRE country and I have a small problem. Basically, my vassals (there are a lot of them) have a bad habit of getting their armies stuck in places other than their own land (usually in the provinces of my other vassals); this is an issue because sometimes they can't join in on wars and they can't really take care of any rebels that might pop up on their lands either.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Apart from linking all my vassals together, I mean.

Typically you can keep the war going for a few months after the provinces are occupied and your vassals will return to their own lands. Other than that, there really isn't too much you can do... Although I thought that Paradox allowed AI armies to walk in any territory for like 6 months after they finish a war?

Your advice has saved me a bit of cash because my current army is 23,000 which I imagine is because I am the HRE. Maybe I should be warring but I am not so I have put my maintenance down to 10% to save a few ducats.

It looks like the whole world wants to marry me at the moment, is it meant to be relentless in this respect? I have no heir either so I am worried someone of the marriages I have accepted (about 50%) will want my throne when he croaks.

If I click a bottom left hand corner box can I minimise it again and leave the decision till later?

Typically you can keep the war going for a few months after the provinces are occupied and your vassals will return to their own lands. Other than that, there really isn't too much you can do... Although I thought that Paradox allowed AI armies to walk in any territory for like 6 months after they finish a war?

I think they can for a few months, but apparently sometimes that's not enough. Guess there really isn't much to do then, thanks for the help.

It looks like the whole world wants to marry me at the moment, is it meant to be relentless in this respect? I have no heir either so I am worried someone of the marriages I have accepted (about 50%) will want my throne when he croaks.

Yes it is meant to be relentless, and yes, some nation may try to claim your throne if you don't have an heir.

If I click a bottom left hand corner box can I minimise it again and leave the decision till later?

No, you can't minimize it and you auto-decline if you don't give a response after one month.

I have a question: many people talk of PU everybody, but for the life of me I can't figure how to do it. I do check the Contested (Disputed?) Throne list, and Marry off my relative to them but usually nothing come out of it and I can't fabricate claim of the throne...

I consider myself rather experienced so this is rather vexing me...

What then would be the proper procedure from marriage with a contested throne to forcing a PU?

I have a question: many people talk of PU everybody, but for the life of me I can't figure how to do it. I do check the Contested (Disputed?) Throne list, and Marry off my relative to them but usually nothing come out of it and I can't fabricate claim of the throne...

I consider myself rather experienced so this is rather vexing me...

What then would be the proper procedure from marriage with a contested throne to forcing a PU?

Just RM a lot of nations, and claim a throne when they have an heir with a weak claim. Just DOW them right after you claim their throne, enforce a PU, and wait.

what is the national dicision "Hall of Worthy" worth? it costs u 4 magistrate + 50 coins and gives 1 culture tradition for next 10 years. ??? can't u use that 4 magistrate in exchange with 20 culture tradition instaltly without any cost?

and some advanced cannons(especially ones tagged "light") are weaker than the same tech groups' non advanced cannons. is there any hardcoded effect thos light cannon has?

what is the national dicision "Hall of Worthy" worth? it costs u 4 magistrate + 50 coins and gives 1 culture tradition for next 10 years. ??? can't u use that 4 magistrate in exchange with 20 culture tradition instaltly without any cost?

Not all the cultural decisions are worth their weight in magistrates. However, the +1 cultural tradition can be a very beneficial factor over 10 years if you constantly recruit advisors.

and some advanced cannons(especially ones tagged "light") are weaker than the same tech groups' non advanced cannons. is there any hardcoded effect thos light cannon has?

Again: No.

Just a question of alliances in IN.

I am Arragon, I am allied with Portugal. Portugal is allied with Castille.

Portugal (War leader), Myself and Castille are at war with Morocco.

I notice that Castille has nearly no army left, so decided to attack them.

I was just wondering, what decision would Portugal face in that scenario? Would they still get called to Arms? I was expecting them to side with castille, but in my game they did not join the war on either side, nor lose the alliances for failing to answer the call.

Because they were war leaders (and allied) with both of us, did they somehow avoid the call to arms?

Is the idea Unam Sanctam (You require no Casus Beli against heretics) somehow bugged in DW or are there hidden requirements to it?

I had the idea chosen for over a century and it "worked" as normal. Now I suddenly and without a reason I could discern got the message that I lost the Holy War CB against all Infidels. What the hell happened? I need that CB to conquer Asia with relatively little infamy cost.

Is the idea Unam Sanctam (You require no Casus Beli against heretics) somehow bugged in DW or are there hidden requirements to it?

I had the idea chosen for over a century and it "worked" as normal. Now I suddenly and without a reason I could discern got the message that I lost the Holy War CB against all Infidels. What the hell happened? I need that CB to conquer Asia with relatively little infamy cost.

it expires in 1650, then you will get imperialism instead later...
no bugs, you know, at some point in history, whole idea of Holy War began to sound as ridiculous as it should have in first place :D

Oh that makes sense. I understand why it's done, it would have just been nice to get a warning from the game somehow to plan for this in advance. I'd have expanded more aggressively if I had known, Imperialism only has 50% instead of 25% infamy cost.

Well thanks for clearning that up for me :)

I own Antwerp has the Hansa, how do i devalue Antwerp so i can remove it as a CoT to force more people to trade in Lubeck?

I find you have to trash it as soon as you take the province else the value rises again. Unless you're bothered about Achievements you can edit the values required for certain CoT actions in the common/defines folder.