• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I conquered Sri Lanka and I can't form an east indian trade company. The condition on the decision shows that I do not fulfill the requirement of owning an "east asian trade port". Sri Lanka looks to be in that region though... Might be a bug?

EDIT: Started working after a reload. Odd.

Did you by chance form a nation meanwhile? Eg. Castille -> Spain?

I started my first 30th march patched game. I'm hungary, I attacked Poland.
Denmark comes in aid, but Poland is still the war leader. Nonetheless Danish allies joined the war.
Is something changed about cascade, is this a bug, or what?

I started my first 30th march patched game. I'm hungary, I attacked Poland.
Denmark comes in aid, but Poland is still the war leader. Nonetheless Danish allies joined the war.
Is something changed about cascade, is this a bug, or what?
They brought in their lesser PU allies. PUs and vassals tend to do that in defensive wars.

I am currently fighting Austria (as France) but wish to annex Milan, an Austrian vassal. As I cannot directly negotiate with a vassal, I try and annex Milan via the province taking part of peace negotiations. However, while I can ask for two of Milan's three provinces, I cannot ask for their capital and thereby annex them. I occupy all of their provinces.

I can, on the other hand, annex the OPM vassal Genoa through the peace negotiations, so I am wondering why this doesn't apply to Milan?

Also is there any way to increase the number of units produced by a province for trade? And what decides the amount I spend on investment (technology research/stability)? I don't appear to be able to change it.

Last edited:
is colonial range the same as naval supply range?

Not fully, I think. It may be a function of the naval supply range, but it's an independent value as well.

Not fully, I think. It may be a function of the naval supply range, but it's an independent value as well.

Strictly speaking, the opposite is true. Naval supply range is defined as a % of colonial range, in defines.txt:

Code:
0.75	#Supply range from colonial range factor.

What, more exactly, happens if I "cross the red line" in policies? (Centralisation/Decentralisation and such).

You get an extra +1 revoltrisk in every province per step over the red limits.

What, more exactly, happens if I "cross the red line" in policies? (Centralisation/Decentralisation and such).

You get an extra +1 revoltrisk in every province per step over the red limits.

It's noted as Policy Restriction in the province revolt risk tooltip.

Does anyone else have problems with the distinction between popup and icon in message settings? I reset the message settings and started over, now some stuff pops up as icons, but when I click them to see them and right click to change them, they show that they were meant to be popups.
Similarly when I open message settings and disable icon and set something to popup, it is shown as icon until I disable popup and enable it again.
Has anyone else had problems like this? I'm wondering if it's a bug?

What determines where a given province trades? It's clear that provinces in nations with a CoT will try to trade in that CoT, but it doesn't seem to be 100% the case. And I can't figure out what rules apply to nations without a CoT. I'm guessing culture and religion are involved somehow?

Do you need to be smaller than the emperor only to add your capital to the HRE, or does this apply to all provinces as well?

You have to be smaller than the entire EMPIRE to add any province to the empire, not just your capital. It is unclear whether this is a bug or WAD.

In practice bribe relations with the emperor up to 150 and ask a few times, you will always be allowed in. If anyone doubts this just start a GC as France and send Bohemia some gifts. You can have Paris in the HRE in just a couple of years...

In practice bribe relations with the emperor up to 150 and ask a few times, you will always be allowed in. If anyone doubts this just start a GC as France and send Bohemia some gifts. You can have Paris in the HRE in just a couple of years...

Hehe, I think this will be my next game, once I've finished my current Hansa->Netherlands->Prussia game :)

French Holy Roman Empire sounds good. Where would such an Empire set it's sights though, that's another matter.

Where would such an Empire set it's sights though, that's another matter?

Today Achen, tommorrow the World!

Did it myself in my last France game, don't join the HRE immediatly. You want to capture burgundy, Provence, Savoy, Milan etc. first and remove them from the empire, otherwise you have to deal with a LOT of illegal territory. THEN vassalise/bribe your way into the HRE. Unam Sanctum to keep it Catholic, bit of BB burning to keep you popular then reform, reform, reform, pop HRE!

The World indeed. Although I'm not sure how historical that would be. Or heck, which parts of the world would get priority. North Africa? The steppes? New World? Or would it just close down on itself China Style?