• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry, last one for now!!

Protestantism is now spreading across Europe, I'm in 1502, but I am Catholic Prussia (formally TO). What is the method for dealing with this?

Should I embrace it early and take no less countless, negative hits or resist it as long as possible but no doubt also have lots of negative events because of this?

Should I embrace it early and take no less countless, negative hits or resist it as long as possible but no doubt also have lots of negative events because of this?
I know of no bad events for staying Catholic throughout the Reformation. Here and there, a province might convert, but that is all.
I'm not familiar with the HRE implications of that though.

So I should change??

Is that why all of my provinces have the revolt chance?

Things like this are not even mentioned in the manual!
To see where does the revolt rate come from, juts over your mouse over the revolt risk. Chances are it's because of your war exaustion or nationalism if you don't have cores. Or even negative stability.

I think ShoGul's comment is more of an historical referrence :)

When trying to colonize land belonging to the Golden Horde, am I supposed to stay at war with them until the colony reaches 1,000 population? Or will I still be able to send colonists and develop the colony if I make peace?

When I am building production buildings, I can browse provinces by their highest tax values so those buildings give the most benefit

is there a way to do this for trade buildings? I can browse them by tax or production in the buildings ledger but not by trade value

When I am building production buildings, I can browse provinces by their highest tax values so those buildings give the most benefit

is there a way to do this for trade buildings? I can browse them by tax or production in the buildings ledger but not by trade value

No.
However you can learn which trade goods have best trade values and just sort the list by trade goods.
You could also sort them by production. Trade value has big impact on production so most likely the provinces with biggest production also has the biggest trade value. Note that manufactories increase production too but has no effect on trade value so this isn't a sure fire way but it's a pretty good indicator.

Two questions:
1: Do I really have to lag behind 20 tech to westernise
2: As Byzantine would it help my westernising moveing my capital to Venise (where i have a core nov and own)

Two questions:
1: Do I really have to lag behind 20 tech to westernise
2: As Byzantine would it help my westernising moveing my capital to Venise (where i have a core nov and own)

1) Yes. But 20 techs in total. So 4 techs behind in each category would be ok. Tech lvls 10-15 generally go really quickly so this is a great point to westernise.

2) No. Well having to pay off the stab hits would slow down your rate of teching making you fall further behind but you would not get any benefit from moving to Venice. You just need a border with that higher rate tech power. There are lots of quick teching Italian and German OPMs so try and get a border with one of them.

1) Yes. But 20 techs in total. So 4 techs behind in each category would be ok. Tech lvls 10-15 generally go really quickly so this is a great point to westernise.

2) No. Well having to pay off the stab hits would slow down your rate of teching making you fall further behind but you would not get any benefit from moving to Venice. You just need a border with that higher rate tech power. There are lots of quick teching Italian and German OPMs so try and get a border with one of them.

Thanks for quick answer.