• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is Nation Collapse bugged in EU3 Complete. I just had it happen to Russia and I came out looking a lot better - thought all was lost. Nothing seemed to have changed for the worse afterwords.

What actually occurs at a nations "collapse" depends on the types of rebels you have. Pretenders will give you a new monarch/slider moves to decentralised and aristocracy, peasants will give slider moves to decent + free subjects, patriots will take provinces to nations of their culture group etc.

2 quick questions related to things I find annoying in game.

1) When I am HRE, I randomly seem to acquire new territories like Krain or Osel with absolutely zero notification. I understand the imperial notes system when an AI nation is HRE, but I dont even get any notificaiton when I randomly receive a far flung province which then proceeds to revolt the very next turn. Half the time I can't even gift them back to their rightful owner as they have lost their cores.

2) How come an enemy nation can just walk into my colonies with 1000 units and take control, not occupy, just take control, where I only occupy if I walk into his? Then if I get my territory back in peace negotiations, it has his culture and hence less productivity and higher revolt risk... makes no sense.

1) get the latest patch - they fixed this. it is a result of nations owning land in the HRE they don't have a core on and then giving it up via the "a formal request" event.

2) when you have an army stationed in a colony select the army. on the tab at the bottom you should have two options - burn colony and seize colony.
the change in culture would be due to them sending a colonist to it whilst in their possession.

1) get the latest patch - they fixed this. it is a result of nations owning land in the HRE they don't have a core on and then giving it up via the "a formal request" event.

2) when you have an army stationed in a colony select the army. on the tab at the bottom you should have two options - burn colony and seize colony.
the change in culture would be due to them sending a colonist to it whilst in their possession.

Thanks, now for the next stupid question, where can I get the patch then? Looking on the eu3 website: http://www.europauniversalis3.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=5&Itemid=27 it states "To access patches for Europa Universalis III, Napoleon's Ambition or In Nomine, please go to your game menu and click on "check for updates". I can't see a game menu option like that anywhere unfortunately. Currently running Divine Wind EU3V5.0.

I searched the wiki and the forum for this and didn't see it so I apologize it's been answered already.

I am playing France and am the HRE. IN HTTT I was able to issue imperial bans or demand that a nation change to the true faith but now that I have DW I can't see those diplomatic options. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I believe the option will only open up if you are using the correct CB that gives a reduction of the costs of force-converting/imperial ban etc. This was also true in HTTT so the same should apply in DW.

Ps. Yes I'm back from long lingering in the shadows :).

Is Nation Collapse bugged in EU3 Complete. I just had it happen to Russia and I came out looking a lot better - thought all was lost. Nothing seemed to have changed for the worse afterwords.

As said above, it depends on your rebels. If you only have pretender rebels, all you'll get upon collapse is a new king.

I am playing France and am the HRE. IN HTTT I was able to issue imperial bans or demand that a nation change to the true faith but now that I have DW I can't see those diplomatic options. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I believe you now have the "Enforce Religious Unity" and "HRE Liberation" CBs instead of those diplomatic options.

Thanks, now for the next stupid question, where can I get the patch then? Looking on the eu3 website: http://www.europauniversalis3.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=5&Itemid=27 it states "To access patches for Europa Universalis III, Napoleon's Ambition or In Nomine, please go to your game menu and click on "check for updates". I can't see a game menu option like that anywhere unfortunately. Currently running Divine Wind EU3V5.0.

Follow the link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?521807-Beta-of-5.1-16th-February-2011

I searched the wiki and the forum for this and didn't see it so I apologize it's been answered already.

An alternative possiblity:
You need to pass the first HRE reform to enable these.

It might have to do with the culture of the provinces involved. As I recall, the province of Athens will have Greek culture, but the nation will be West European of some variety, to reflect that the Duchy of Athens was a crusader state. Since the nation you're trying to release has no provinces of it's culture, you can't release it.

Maybe. Check the files.

I hope this fits this thread:
I'm playing England/GBR on httt 4.1b, it seems that province modifiers such as land reform decision and trade station simply disappear after some time. What can cause this? I have transformed my nation to GBR and changed gov to empire, but I can swear I put some land reforms and got trade station in some provinces and it disappear. I have better things to do with my magistrates than putting them again and again on the same province...

Thx

I'm playing England/GBR on httt 4.1b, it seems that province modifiers such as land reform decision and trade station simply disappear after some time. What can cause this? I have transformed my nation to GBR and changed gov to empire, but I can swear I put some land reforms and got trade station in some provinces and it disappear. I have better things to do with my magistrates than putting them again and again on the same province...

Thx

IIRC, forming nations (England -> Great Britain, Saxony -> Germany) will change your tag and remove province modifiers.

Thx

Is the trade league you were in still alive?

And if your provincial decisions are just disappearing because of the tag change, I'd report it as a bug.

2 quick questions related to things I find annoying in game.

2) How come an enemy nation can just walk into my colonies with 1000 units and take control, not occupy, just take control, where I only occupy if I walk into his? Then if I get my territory back in peace negotiations, it has his culture and hence less productivity and higher revolt risk... makes no sense.

use the "sieze colony" button in the army info screen on the left when the army is selected. there's also a burn colony and scorch land button.

Playing Austria and trying to be a "good" HRE emperor... But I keep running into problems when trying to save my small members that get eaten up by Teutonic Order.

I join a defensive War to save them, but they get annexed, so I get the Causus Beli to release them. But I can't release them in demands for the current war... and the duration is too short to end the war and restart it against without breaking truce!

Is it a bug that stops me from releasing Riga in this case? (Can release Gotland and Pskov, but not the nation I'm in war to release) Or is it a bug that the duration of my time to release a HRE member is too short? Or have I misunderstood something?

I have tried F11 and it only gives me local screenshots. Also to expand a bit I have looked in my EU3 screenshots folder and only found the local screenshots I get by pressing F11. Is there another place they (World View Pictures) can go to?