• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They are surrounded by wasteland though.

Well, you'll "explore" after some time, and once you know the wastelands, you'll know the lakes as well, given time.

figured it out unsurprisingly not with the tech support forum,*cough*unhelpfulshit*cough*

Really? What would you say was missing? There are links to posts explaining Compatibility Files quite well, I'd say. Any particular site you'd think be better suited for a link?

What does it mean when the number figure for your army is in red? For example for my Guarda Real army the 8525 showing me the strength is listed in red?

What re the ffetcts of being a vassal?
Can you still have RM, send merchants wherever you want (whithin the geographic limits, I mean), send insults and gifts?
Also, are you automatically in war when your master is?

Thx for the answers

what triggers the event 'claims on our rivals' that gives you some cores on your neighbours? just got it, happy time

Your monarch requires a DIP Skill of 6 or higher. Any stat above 6, that is 7 or higher, increases the chances of it happening.

What re the ffetcts of being a vassal?
Can you still have RM, send merchants wherever you want (whithin the geographic limits, I mean), send insults and gifts?
Also, are you automatically in war when your master is?

Thx for the answers

A Vassal can only RM/Ally it's master. You can trade, colonize, explore, insult/gift, trade mil access without hinderance. Half your (monthly? can never remember)tax gets paid to your overlord. If you aren't allied with your overlord you aren't automatically taken into their wars.
Should someone DOW you, your master should be dragged into the war against their will, guaranteed defence.

I've seen AI vassals form RM's with each other, however, I've never played a French vassal to see if I could pimp out my family to them.

In DW march 30th patch, what affects the "years between policy changes" for a given government type? I am a Feudal Monarchy and time between changes are 25.4 years. I remember it being a lot shorter earlier in the game.

Government type and size are the most important factors. Going empire is a good way to reduce it. Although switching govt type actually briefly increases it. I think other factors like centralisation or stablity might play a role too, as I have noticed that sometimes the time between changes drops as those improve.

Recently during a Mp game involving a friend and myself I took a peace offer as Muscowy to convert religion to get the both of us out of a terribly trap war. So my newly formed Russia is Catholic instead of Orthodox and I'm looking to switch back to Orthodox. I do not have the option to change religions in the religious tab and am curious if anyone has an experience with switching religions after being forced into it by peace treaty. I'm thinking if maybe I move my capital or just wait for the reformation to happen? If anyone has any ideas / solutions I'd really appreciate it.

If you want to go back to Orthodox I think you'll have to do it in a treaty with another Orthodox nation. The Reformation only spreads other religions.

Yep you'll need to reverse the process and convert back in another war with an orthodox power. Can't switch to Orthodox through a decision ever. Release a OPM if you need to, or there may still be a Greek state left. Then again its going to cost you a bit of stab and legitimacy to change, it may well be better to stay Catholic! The only thing you will miss out on is establish russian patriach decision, and catholicism is probably a more powerful religion, coupled with the fact that your going to need to convert all the Siberian land you take anyway...

Can I form German nation as Austria? If so then I know how my evening will be spent.

I believe yes, you're in the German culture group.

What is the 5.1b (MAY 17th) checksum?

Register your game to get access to the beta patch in the first place. There is a thread with all checksum for all version of all EU3 games in the tech support forum.

I thought that the number of diplomats, magistraties, spies etc. in divine wind was maximum 10, but installed and see that it’s 5 as it was. Did the paradox change it to 5, or have i to change something in settings?