• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My manual says that "other nation's armies are prohibited from entering provinces" without permission, yet I see other armies fighting each other in my provinces in 1399 Mecklenburg. At least that's how it appears. Is there an explanation for this?

If someone is at war with a nation in the HRE, they can walk through all imperial provinces.

If someone is at war with a nation in the HRE, they can walk through all imperial provinces.

AFAIK it only applies if the Emperor himself is a beligerent. If Meissen and Salzburg are at war with eachother they won't get anywhere without Miltary Access.

I'm a pretty big Burgundy (also current HRE).

Castille is also big, smaller than me but not that much. I can take them in a war though.

I'm Catholic, they're Protestant. I have a mission to convert them.

They're in a regency council and I managed to fabricate a claim.

In a war, forcing the PU would cost 90 warscore, forcing religion 50. So getting both looks very unlikely.

So here's the questions: if I go for the PU, will I be able to inherit or integrate them despite the religion difference? If not, is there a way to convert them peacefully?

You can inherit them, and peaceful conversion if not possible if they are not part of the Empire (which usually is the case).

There should be a really simple way to do this, but for the love of me, I can't. How do I check the breakdown for my trade efficiency? I can check the percentage easily enough, but I'd like to know what it consists of exactly.

I'm a pretty big Burgundy (also current HRE).

Castille is also big, smaller than me but not that much. I can take them in a war though.

I'm Catholic, they're Protestant. I have a mission to convert them.

They're in a regency council and I managed to fabricate a claim.

In a war, forcing the PU would cost 90 warscore, forcing religion 50. So getting both looks very unlikely.

So here's the questions: if I go for the PU, will I be able to inherit or integrate them despite the religion difference? If not, is there a way to convert them peacefully?

It's your "bad luck" to get the PU CB at the wrong time :) I would take advantage of it and PU them while you can. You won't be able to convert them peacefully after and will suffer a steady relationship drop that you will have to bribe away every once in a while, but as long as you keep positve relations they should be a reliable ally and you will eventually inherit them.

I'm getting sick and tired of the mission to get Bohemia to vote for me. Because the only way to get them to vote for me is to vassalize them, they always have 'a strategic interest to become Emperor themselves'. Currently I am the Emperor (and a beloved one at that). Is there anyway to complete this mission without conquering them?

There should be a really simple way to do this, but for the love of me, I can't. How do I check the breakdown for my trade efficiency? I can check the percentage easily enough, but I'd like to know what it consists of exactly.
There's a page in the ledger that has "trade efficiency" and "real trade efficiency". It's page 16. Trade efficiency is your base, real trade efficiency is your base plus sliders plus advisors plus other modifiers.

I'm getting sick and tired of the mission to get Bohemia to vote for me. Because the only way to get them to vote for me is to vassalize them, they always have 'a strategic interest to become Emperor themselves'. Currently I am the Emperor (and a beloved one at that). Is there anyway to complete this mission without conquering them?
I do not believe so.

If you have < 0 relations with them, and there is an elector who is their neighbor who also has relations < 0 (brandenburg would probably be it), there is an event with mtth 300 months that will remove them. Event id = 1055 in holyromanempire.txt

Probably best to just cancel.

How much does the AI's DIP rating matter? If they've got a low rating, are they more likely to accept offers? Or just less successful in their attempts?

Weaken them to the point were they don't have strategic interests. Or a PU would probably work as well.

There's a page in the ledger that has "trade efficiency" and "real trade efficiency". It's page 16. Trade efficiency is your base, real trade efficiency is your base plus sliders plus advisors plus other modifiers.

I found that, however, it's unfortunately not what I was looking for.

What I'm looking for is a complete breakdown of -why- my (real) trade efficiency is what it is. Basically a list of positive and negative factors that change it, so I can see exactly what I can do to improve it.

IIRC there is a cap on the amount of alliances one can have. How does that work out?

So I play as Austria and get the super nice mission to Vassalage Hungary, but then my King dies and the heir is only 3 years old,
so the Subjegation Casus Belli (0% infamy, 200% presige and 50% cost of Vassalage) ends during the Regency Council (can't declare war).
These 12 years of building marketplaces were insanely frustrating since I:
- Just had speed learned Longbows
- Had loads of juicy CBs
- Was the HRE and was ready to kick some serious ass.

Is there any way to avoid Regency Council or minimize the risks of getting it?
Or should you just suck it up as a natural part of the game to be castrated for +10 years?

Is there any way to avoid Regency Council or minimize the risks of getting it?
Or should you just suck it up as a natural part of the game to be castrated for +10 years?

Don't have your ruler as a leader of an army. Theres a chance for him to die in battles and seiges. Other then that its a normal occurance you have little sway over.

That said there are tricks to getting around it. You can place garuntees or expand your SoI or form alliances on/wait countries you think your target is likely to attack(or likely to attack and invite w/ alliances). You can also warn the country in question. Besically you have to be pulled in rather then start it yourself. It can be tricky but its doable.